Thirteen

Over the next few weeks in Forks life went back to normal once the car fiasco died down, and January had turned into March. Making all of the town wishing for an early spring so they can escape the frozen roads and frigid weather, to make it a bit more bearable. For the Swan siblings their life went back to being a bit more boring; for Bella, Edward had gone back to ignoring her fully, even though she was still pestering him. For Asher, Emmett was still by his side all the time, but still taking everything slow to make each other happy. It made Asher happy that Emmett was respecting his wishes, but it was killing Emmett to keep going at that pace. Maybe asking Asher to the dance would be a good idea, maybe getting to another level, but who knows. 

Bella was getting jealous about her brothers easy time befriending most of the Cullen/Hale family, it just came so easy to him and here she was basically pulling teeth trying to be friends or something with the bronze haired boy. But he just was making everything so difficult she wanted to give up, she had brought Asher to light a bit about the whole thing. Never mentioning she was jealous, but he had told her if she really did like this guy after him being an ass she should keep going. Because eventually something would happen, fate always had a weird way of working out. Asher decided that after that conversation with his sister, he wasn't going to pull any strings from the back since Edward was still not to be respected in his eyes. 

So he was going to just let it play out and see how it goes, because he was sure that the rest of Edwards siblings were going to meddling with things. Probably only Alice, since Rose didn't really like Bella and Jasper just did his own thing. 

Today was another day for the pair, Monday morning was upon them again and Asher really did not want to get out of bed. But the thought of his favorite person coming to pick him up with an iced coffee waiting for him made him get out. Heading to the bathroom to get ready for the day, he was surprised to see that he had beat Bella into the shower making him wonder if she was sleeping in today. 

After finishing his whole routine he had heard a knock on the door, knowing it was Emmett he yelled a later to all the people here. A growing grin on his face when he saw the bright smile and glowing golden eyes of Emmett Cullen. 

"Good morning Ash! Ready to conquer the world today?" The boy asks his smile making his dimples pop out even more. 

"Of course I am Em, why wouldn't I be if you were by my side?" Asher responds, hoping to get a blush from the bigger boy but he was only met with a laugh and a look in his eyes he couldn't recognize. 

"Let's go then, your chariot awaits," Emmett cheers grabbing Ashers hand to drag him along. Making Asher laugh at his antics, to Asher, the older boy just always knew how to make such a bland morning into something much more exciting. 

Once they were in the car and speeding off to the high school, Asher thought about prom coming up and if would be cool to go. He knew people would try and ask him even when he was surrounded by the Cullens, something about him made everyone just drew them in. Which would also lead to a jealous Emmett if they were to ask in front of the pair, because sure they were involved with each other they weren't in a committed relationship. That brought him to another thought, when were they actually going to be together? Emmett was staying true to his word and they were going at a snails pace with each other, still they did kiss occasionally when it felt right. Held hands as they walked anywhere and were just extremely close in general, so this thought brought him to ask a question, "Emmett, what would you feel if someone would try asking me to the prom?" Pure curiosity was the reason he was asking. 

Emmett was shocked by that, he didn't think Asher would even want to go, "Well you wouldn't say yes to them, right?" he questioned back. 

"Nah, you're the only one I'd being going with," Asher blurted, he wished his filter would work sometimes for situations like this. 

Emmetts shocked eyes turned wide with happiness and his grin overtaking his face, "Amazing! So then I would just be bothered that they would ask since you're with me already," he answered  as he watched the blush go even more red from his answer. 

"Good, good, glad we got that out of the way, because I am pretty amazing and who wouldn't want to ask me?" Asher said trying to deflect the attention from his red face and it earned a loud chuckle that shook the jeep as they pulled into the school. 

"I can't deny any of those claims, since it's all true," was all Emmett said before getting out and rushing to get the door for Asher who just rolled his eyes with the other boys antics.

"You're an interesting person Emmett Cullen," Asher mused. 

"Right back at ya Asher Swan," Emmett replied as he grabbed the tote Asher used for school along with his backpack as they made their way to the school, hand in hand and smiles on both their faces. 

As the day went on Asher was pulled aside by his doe eyed sister, red with embarrassment. He was just trying to get to his math class, even if he was dreading it. 

"You alright there Iz?" he asked, not sure what was going on. 

"Nope, these boys won't stop asking me to go to the stupid prom. I even told them that we were going to Jacksonville to see mom that weekend, so if you're already going with Emmett you can go. Just keep the story up that now I'm going to see mom cause you wanted to stay here, okay?" She rambled with her eyes glancing every so often to make sure none of her friends were there snooping. 

"I'll keep the cover up don't worry, but you should actually go see mom, she'd love it," he told her a small bit of bitterness growing on his face at the thought of their mother. 

"That honestly sounds like a good idea, but anyways thanks brother for being you. I've got to run to class," that's the rest of it before she went going about as normal as she could. 

Asher just shook his head at his sisters antics before going about his day, during Spanish Edward informed him that he's going to be a decent person and talk to Bella tomorrow when they were in Biology. Because, in Ashers words, Edward had finally gotten over himself and his dickhead mentality with that whole fiasco. Asher made sure to remind him of his warning if he hurt Bella again, no one likes it when a swan get's angry. Also during the day Asher had been asked to go to the dance by two juniors, both being rejected by him with a glittering smile to ease the pain. He made sure to tell the stories to Emmett so he could get a kick out of them too, so all in all today was an amazing day and he was ready to go tux shopping with Emmett some time. 

When Asher was dropped off with the promise of seeing Emmett later that night, he decided to hang with Bella. They hadn't had a lot of sibling gossip time with him being so busy canoodling with Emmett. The orange truck was already in the drive when he got home, so he rushed up the stairs and barged into her room. 

"Bella!" he yelled when he collapsed on her bed. 

"Asher!" she exclaimed, not expecting him to be loud and come in like a bull in a china shop. 

"Little sister, tell me your hopes, dreams, and sorrows," he begged her dramatically, trying to get a laugh. 

"Oh dear brother, I'll tell you almost everything you want to know," she returned with the same dramatics making them both grin in delight. 

So the pair of Swans spent most of the time before having dinner talking about their school lives and partial bits of romantic lives, because Ashers was in the works and Isabellas was at a stand still. But for her, it all changes when they have biology tomorrow. As for now, the two caught up and she begged him to join her friends to going to first beach that he eventually says yes too. Because maybe he'll see Jake and his other friends pop up as well, since in his words, its's his Rez.