Four

Asher was on his way to the office and Edward was next to him, the tall boy was on a mission though so Asher didn't want to bother him. When they got to the doors Edward went straight in but Ash decided to wait for Bella, like the good brother he is. 

She was down the hall with Angela by her side, they were talking quietly. Angela was the one girl that Bella befriended that he could tolerate, hopefully they became best friends, but Asher had a feeling Jessica would weasel her way into that spot. He sighed at the thought but quickly turned his face into a smile and greeted his wonderfully boring sister. They were walking into the Office before she froze at the sight of Edward, "What's wrong Iz?" He asked concern filling him. 

"Is there any chance I can switch out of Biology? Maybe to  Chemistry? Or Physics? AP Bio?" Edward listed off, the tension could be cut with a knife. 

"That's the issue," she whispered, not sure what else to say at the moment. 

"Sorry hun, but everything is full," The lady said. It was something about her tone that rubbed Asher the wrong way, he didn't really know why but she did. 

He huffed and said "I guess I'll just have to endure it," and then stormed out the office. Asher was so confused with him, Edward was perfectly fine during Spanish and didn't say anything about his interactions with Bella. Something wasn't right about this whole ordeal, he'd just have to pry from both sides to get the full story. 

"Come on Iz, this won't take long and then we can have milkshakes at the diner with dad during dinner," Ashe murmured with a hopeful look in his eyes, but she only nodded and went up to the  lady to give he the slips and then Asher did the same. 

They walked silently to the rusted orange truck, pinkies interlocked, and talking about their day besides the weird boy. Asher ruled that a discussion when they were in comfy clothes and talking before bed. 

"Ash why are boys so weird?" She asks, breaking the silence from the drive to the diner. 

"I'm not sure Iz, we're kinda dumb if that helps any," he offers with a small smile. She laughs a bit and then we were back to goofing around. Asher never liked it when Bella was in a weird mood, and it was the same feelings with her towards him. That's why they always kept that light playful mood that never translates over to other people. Isabella and Asher had a special sibling relationship, sure they fight, but they had a bond that no one could rival. Sure, Bella was hopeless in a social aspect and Asher succeeded in the social world, but that's what made them an amazing pair. Total opposites that always helped where the other was lacking, it was something their mother was proud of. Honestly she had forced it on them because they had to help keep her on track with parenting, since Renee was always wild the two had to ground her to the house in Arizona. Asher believed that him and Bella should have stayed with Charlie so Renee to could run free, but he never brought that up to anyone. 

The sudden stop of the truck makes Ashers thoughts stop, they were in front of the little diner that their dad loved. His police cruiser was already there and sitting at a table waiting for his two favorite people. "Hey I just want you to be a bit more open with dad today, okay? I know it's hard for you, but try for his sake," I whispered as we walked in. 

"I will Ash," she confirmed and it made Asher smile. 

He knows that Bella and their father are very similar so it's harder for them to connect, but he just wants them to have a great relationship so it wouldn't be so awkward anymore. 

"Hey Ash, Bella! I got you a garden burger, Bells, and a double bacon cheeseburger both of which include fries," Charlie tells them a smile big on his face. 

"That sounds great, Cha- Dad," Bella stutters. It doesn't faze Charlie in the slightest, he's just happy Bella called him Dad. 

"I'm starved, that school has nothing good to eat," Asher exclaims the drama just dripping from his tone. 

"Maybe if you actually grabbed some food you wouldn't be starving," Bella comments. 

"Sorry that I can't help being picky," he whines. This banter goes on till some old comes up claiming he was Santa a few years back, but the waitress, Cora, saves them. 

"Let the kids eat their dinner Waylon, no one wants to hear about you being butt crack Santa," she says calmly. 

"Sure, but I did make an impression, right?" he smiles. They all just gave that smile where you don't know what to say but do that. The weird man goes back to his table and Cora smiles brightly, "I'll grab some berry cobbler, your dad still eats it every Thursday!" 

They ate all their food before splitting up to get back home. 

"Hey Iz let's have a girls night and talk about that boy who was rude to you but perfectly fine towards me," Asher says with a little laugh and she just sighs with a nod of her head. He was ready to hash out whatever this Edward Cullen problem was going to be, Asher just knew that he didn't like how Edward was being two completely different people to two people who literally live with each other. 

Asher was impatient about hearing her side of the story, but he knew not to push her too hard.

"By the way Mom is most likely going to call tonight and ask about today, so be prepared for that," Bella muttered. He just huffed in response, the mother son relationship was not the best. With her not believing her son was bullied for being gay and very opinionated, and him trying to be what she always wanted but him never being enough in his eyes. Honestly Asher is planning to pretend he's asleep to avoid her and Bella would be fine with that, even with her horrible acting skills. 

Up in Ashers room the gossip was going full swing, Asher talking about all the Cullens/Hales, besides Edward, and Bella was talking about her group of juniors. 

"I tried to hit the ball but it went straight into Mike Newtons head, God it was so embarrassing. He was fine though and that's when Jess introduces herself. Made a comment about how I was pale even though we came from Arizona, it was kinda weird but I actually made a funny joke," she explains fondly. 

"Mike reminds me of a golden retriever," Asher mused which caused Bella to laugh and agree. "I don't like Jessica though, she seems fake as fuck Bells." 

"Pfft, no, you need to give her a chance before hating her," she tries. 

"But I did and she wasn't being nice to the Cullens because they didn't give her a chance, and you guys trying to keep me from introducing myself was the cherry topper," he explained not really getting the reason why to defend Jessica. 

"Whatever Ash, think what you want. I'm still going to be her friend," she sighs. Clearly excepting defeat. 

"So you gonna fill me in about Edward? Why he thought you were the plague?" Asher inquires. 

"Bro I don't even know, he's in my biology class and Mr. Banner put me at the lab with him. The first thing he does is cringe like I smell like a dumpster, and didn't do anything but avoid me the whole time. Not saying a word, it looked like I was a monster in his eyes," she explains. This wasn't sitting well with either Swan. 

"When he was in my Spanish class with his brother Emmett he was totally fine around me. That's totally weird and really sketchy, I was planning on talking to him about it tomorrow to get his side. You should try too, and we can come back with answers and dissect between each side. Cool?" Detective Ash was reporting for duty, he didn't like how sketchy Edward was being with the two of them. 

"Sounds like a plan Ashy," she agrees. 

"Alright babe, time for bed so you can talk to our lovely mother and you don't tell her I'm actually awake," he tells her already heading towards the bathroom to shower. Leaving her to go to her purple themed room to deal with the energetic mom. 

Sometimes it amazed Bella that the two were pretty much the same person, but could never see eye to eye. Because she loved her mother dearly, but really this was the same situation with her and Charlie. Too alike, but can never seem to be able to function in the others presence. 

~

I hope you're enjoying this as much as I am, because I love this storyline way more than the original. Plus Asher and Bella's relationship really is a chefs kiss and I love it so much. 

I never liked Jessica that much so I wanted Ash to be the reasoning side to Bella to make her see that Jess is literally using her to get intel on the Cullens, and that's really selfish in my eyes. 

~ Jordon <3