Thirty two

How did this happen? Just the other day Asher and Emmett were having the best night of their life and now Asher joined the Volturi? Impossible. Edward was lying, plain and simple, and this was his chance to explain. 

Edward started explaining to answer their thoughts, "It was the only thing that worked in the situation. Bella was going to be killed because she knows our secret, and it almost happened so I stepped in. But before I could do anything Asher used his gift to stop a fight between me and one of the other guard members, and since he did that it caught Aro's interest. More than mine to be frank. So, if Asher joined Bella wouldn't die."

Emmett just stared at him, if looks could kill, Edward would be dead in a second. "So what you're telling me is, there was no other way to get your precious Bella out of fate? She's going to become one of us in the end! Don't you realize this?" Emmett exlcaimed, absolutely enraged. 

"It was the only way me or Alice saw that would work in the end Emmett!" Edward defended. 

"That doesn't make it right Edward!" Rose called out. "You can't be so self centered enough to think that your way of doing this is the only way right?" 

"We couldn't have done anything else to change the outcome. It was the only way to buy Bella time!" He kept trying to save himself. 

"You're insane! She wouldn't have cared to be turned the second that Aro said she'd either die or be one of us, you just hate what we are Edward," Emmett shouted in his face. They had stood up from the couches and were facing off. 

"Edward, you should have known this wasn't the right way to go about this situation,"  Esme spoke softly. She didn't want to see either of her boys in pain, but in this ordeal it couldn't be avoided. 

"Emmett you need to breath and Edward you need to leave before this gets too out of hand," Carlisle tried to intervene but that was the snapping point for Emmett. Because not even a second after that was said Edward was thrown through the balcony doors into the woods. 

Emmett went flying after Edward, screaming at him "You're a selfish fucking prick!" The chase was going on, but nothing wouldn't stop Emmett from pounding Edwards face into the muddy forest ground. Punch after punch, name after name, it didn't fix the reality. Asher was gone and they didn't know how to get him back or if they ever will. Emmett pulled back after awhile and just sat on the ground dry sobbing because this would have never happened if he would have just made Asher go home with him in the first place, but Asher is a hero who always went to save his sister. 

"I know you're going to hate me probable ever and I'm fine with that, because if I'm being honest I don't regret this decision," Edward whispered into the air but he didn't get an answer. Only a gust of wind signifying Emmett left. He didn't go back the main house but to their cottage where he still felt Asher's presence. It was a good thing to leave Emmett alone for awhile, he'd come back when he was ready. 

Back at the Cullen house they were having a vote on Bella's immortality, even though it was already a decision that had to be made. The Volturi demanded it or shed be killed, so there was really no reason to this vote. In the end it was voted that she'd be turned and Edward was not happy about it, so Rosalie spoke. 

"You should realize that this is karma, right?" 

"just shut up for once," Edward grumbled. 

"You take away the one thing Emmett loves most for such a small amount of living for a girl who wants to be dead," she kept going making Edward feel more anguish. "You should really think about the decisions you made for everyone, because you aren't all that just because you can read thoughts." She finished her speech and walked away from him with a smirk on her face. 

While this all happened Asher was being introduced to the way of the guard, and to be honest it wasn't amazing. All he felt was a tug on his heart because he couldn't have the one thing he wanted. Aro of course offered for Emmett to come live with them, trying to be as accommodating in this situation as possible. But now Asher just had to be trained and follow the rules/ways of living that they do and probably learn Italian since that's where he'll be for sometime. Asher was going to make the most of his time though, he couldn't sulk around forever. It just wasn't how he was, so he was going to try and make some friends. Everyone deserves a chance, because he now realized that a monster could hide in the people you trusted the most. 

~

Hey guys! I rewrote this cause I was not happy with what I posted, so here it is new and improved!

- jordon