Twenty seven

it had been a few days since Bella was found freezing in the woods and she had entered her zombie state, but Asher was by her side day in and day out. Giving her the shoulder to cry on, chest to punch, and just being there for her. Charlie could only do so much before he got overwhelmed trying his best to take of Bella, but when she screams at night because of that boy it breaks his heart into a million pieces and that turns into rage. Only wishing to destroy Edward for destroying his Bella, and he couldn't because that would hurt her too and he fled the state. So, Charlie decided to throw himself into work while Asher slowly brought Bella back to life.

"You know Bells, I do have something to say and you might not like it," Asher started waiting for a reaction but she just kept staring out the window, "Emmett stayed with me." Thats all he said and yet the only reaction he got was a side glance but no words. "You probably think I'm selfish for having him stay, but you don't know the cullens like I do and it was Emmetts personal choice." 

He missed her voice, they hadn't spoke a word in a week because she became a shell. So he was provoking her, "We have a little house in the woods if you ever need to escape," but she didn't say a word. 

She didn't say anything for another month, that was when Emmett stopped by. He thought that if she saw him it'd get her talking and in a way it did. 

"Hey there Isabel," he joked with a grin while waiting for a reaction. No one was there but him, Asher was at home and Charlie was working. 

"You need to leave," was whispered into the air a broken voice coming from the pale girl. 

"So she speaks," he ignores. "You can scream at me if you want, I know I'm not the right vampire but ive known the one way to long so I know him."

"I don't want to scream Emmett, I just want him back," her voice wasn't filled with life and it made his frozen heart clench. 

"I know bell, but you know how he is. Overprotective and way to broody for his own good, I promise that I fought for you. Everyone wanted to stay, but... you know how it ends," he told her only stopping because she was shaking. Breathing staggered, sobbing in her chair hearing how much Edward fought to leave her and making his entire family go with him. 

"You need to leave," she told him again between her short breathing and that time he listened. He made it worse than it was and no one thought was possible.

Another month has passed, and she was opening up more but not a lot. She had begun journaling after Asher had bought her one since she wasn't going to be talking anytime soon, and when she slept he read through it. Getting an idea of how she was, how her brain was working, and lets just say it wasn't the prettiest. 

"Honestly Bella, I think we should get you a therapist. Wallowing in heartbreak is not healthy, but you aren't even you anymore and I'm so worried," Asher told her one afternoon and thats when she snapped. 

"I don't need therapy Asher! You're crazy, this is just how I go through things," She was raging at the idea of going to some stranger and talking about her life, she can't even tell them everything so why would she go? No reason at all. 

"No Isabella! You are going or I'm putting you in the psych ward for real this time, I'm not playing," Asher snapped right back. He was tired and he physically couldn't get tired, but her mental state was affecting his. 

"Asher you aren't my parent and for that matter Charlie barely qualifies!," she shouted and this time Asher really loses it. 

"Oh you're really going to use that? I thought you were smarter than this, really. Remember when we lived with out mom? We fucking took care of her! Charlie, our father, he took us in with little to no time to prepare! He literally had the entire town searching for you when that motherfucker broke you, and stayed up so many nights trying to help you with your night terrors! And yet you sit there, telling me he isn't qualified enough for you? God, you're crazy. I'm getting you to a therapist tomorrow, I love you but really Isabella? you're better than this, smarter," Asher ranted his temper absolutely lost, royally pissed off. 

"You're the psycho here, the one who put themself in danger and taking my chance to be a vampire. It's all about you Asher! Ever since we got here, but no, you think its about me," she shouted while he was walking out of the house and that just brought him back. 

"Oh so you are insane? You think I wanted this life? You think I'm the center of the universe? Well Bella, you've got the wrong idea dear sister. I was protecting you from those murderers! Sure the results were not what was wanted, but you made it out like always? You know everything was all about you at the get go Bella, I'm the side character in your epic adventure. All the Cullens love you, everyone is obsessed with you in Forks. I'm the chopped liver and I finally get something that you have to die for, thats when you're jealous?" Asher told her breathing heavy trying not to throw her out the window. "You're fucking lucky I'm helping you, I could be anywhere but here and I just want you to be better. You're going to therapy and its final, I don't care what you want right now." He was fuming, but he needed to get out of there and sink his teeth into something that wasn't Bella. While he left, she stood there stunned. He had never spoken to her that way, but it was the reality check she needed. So she sat there waiting to have a talk with her Father when he gets home. 

Asher was raging in the forest, many boulders were being crushed when Emmett found him. "So I take it that your talk with Bella about therapy didn't go well?" He asked and the answer was another large rock thrown at him. "I'll take that as a yes, you going to talk about it?" 

"Let me have some food and then we will," Asher grumbled before going to find a deer to have a refreshing drink and he was back. "She didn't want help so she called me a few names and I lost my shit, so now I'm here and not beating her to the ground." 

Emmett let out a shocked laugh, "Yeah? that sounds like a great conversation, anything specific you want to touch on?" 

"Nope, not right now. It's too fresh to be detailed without destroying the forest," Asher answered him. 

"Understandable, how about we have one sided angry sex at home?" he offered. 

"Hmm sounds tempting, I'll race you back to the house?" Asher said not waiting for an answer and ran towards their house leaving a shocked Emmett. 

"Now it's not so much one sided," and with that he ran after his angry boyfriend. Knowing that he roped himself into a long night.