Forty eight

The world had stopped when Carlisle told the group Bella had gone into labor and they needed to get back fast. That information was heard by every pair of ears around them, so it was a race in who was going to get back first. The wolves or vampires? It was neck and neck, but the vampires were victorious and a fight began. Asher left the fight to the others, he needed to help Bella first. 

When he got to the office it was filled with the scent of her blood, it was almost overwhelming for him but then he saw her. She was cut open and fading quickly, he ran to her side and started biting her. Needing to save her, and when he couldn't hear the venom spreading he panicked. There was a syringe filled with Edwards venom just in case and he didn't think, Asher grabbed it and plunged the contents into her heart. 

Edward just watched as Asher pumped his entire world full of venom, it was like he couldn't move. Couldn't hear the sobs coming from Asher, wishing for his sister to come back to him. He watched Asher start doing chest compressions, hoping to get her blood and venom coursing through her veins. 

Edward couldn't hear his child screaming in the arms of Rosalie, wailing for her mother. All he could do was watch his love die in front of him and thats when the rage started, he ran outside to join the fight. Leaving Asher alone, doing everything he could to get her to survive. 

God was Asher a mess, he was surely breaking her ribs with his frantic chest compressions but he didn't care. But when the fight outside was over, Emmett came inside to care take of Asher. Emmett knew it was going to be another fight getting Asher to step back from Bella, but he needed to stop and let time do its thing. 

"Asher please, step back," Emmett pleaded grabbing his mate by the waist to pull him back. But Asher only fought with him, he couldn't let her die like this. Not after everything they had gone through, he was there when she came into this world and he was not ready to watch her leave this world. 

"I can't Emmett! She needs me to keep helping," he sobbed, his rhythm on her chest getting sloppier every second. 

This time Emmett wasn't being gentle when he ripped Asher off the girl who looked like she was made of wax, "Asher, her body needs rest if she's going to get through this," he spoke into Ashers ear. Holding steady as his mate was thrashing in his arms, fighting to get back to her. 

"Please Emmett... She can't go out like this," his voice was hoarse.

"I know my love, but for now we wait," Emmett told him softly. Changing his tight grasp into a more comforting embrace feeling Asher fall into him. He was done fighting Emmett and now he could only watch his sister. 

And thats when they heard it, her faint beat of heart. She was pushing through but barely. 

This whole night was insane. Bella was changing but still high risk, the baby was born, and Jacob imprinted on her. Saving Bella and her baby from Sam, it was their law to never harm their soulmate. 

But for now, they waited and Asher never left his sisters side. Watching her blossom into a vampire, the one thing she had always wanted. Three days had passed and she was bound to wake up any minute now and he wanted to be there when she did, even when Edward argued with him about him being there. Asher didn't care what Edward wanted, he snapped at Edwards dumb tantrum and forced his gift on him. There was no time for fighting, only watching Bella. 

You could hear a pin drop in the house, it was that quiet. The faint beating was getting slower and slower by the second, until it stopped and crimson red eyes opened for the first time. 

Isabella Marie Swan had awakened and ready for her new life. 

She was up in a flash, examine everything in the new found sharpness and glow of the room. Eyes darting till she sees Ashers amazed face with his warm smile that was always for her. 

"Welcome back sis," he said and then he was crushed into a hug. 

"You saved me," she told him and he was a little taken back by her voice. It was her, but more elegant. 

"I always will," he spoke returning her crushing hug.

She pulled away abruptly asking "Renesmee?" 

"She's safe, but you my dear sister need to hunt," he told her and she took in his words clutching at her throat feeling the burn. 

This is when Edward steps in, "Come on, love, lets go test out your new abilities," he said amazed by how she looked. 

Asher could feel the air shift when Edward walked in and he slipped out just in time to get away from their make out session. Asher went to Emmett in a second, so excited that his sister was okay and ready for this life. 

"Emmett, she's amazing," he started, "But I do have to say that the name she picked out for little Nessie is kind of awful, I get the sentiment I do, but really?"

"This is really the first thing you say about your sister?" Emmett laughed. 

"I had to speak my mind without her beating me to a pulp, she's stronger than me thats for sure," he defended with a laugh of his own. 

"Nah, you could win no doubt." 

"I'd like to see you take her on then big boy," Asher challenged and Emmett accepted without a thought. 

"I can take her on any day, don't doubt me!" Emmett claimed. 

"Sure, sure," Asher dismissed before walking to check on the baby. He hadn't seen her since Rosalie brought her to him the other day, and the kid already had grown to be a couple months old rather than the tiny newborn she was. It was crazy how fast she was growing and definitely worrying, but that would have to wait for now because everything was going great for once and Asher was perfectly fine with that. 

~

The song when Bella wakes up is so good, I recommend listening to it while reading!

Two updates today because I was super excited about this, but it was a little heart wrenching writing it . 

Thank you all for making it this far!! We're getting closer and closer to the end 

-  jordon