Thirty four

Asher was excited about going to Seattle, being so close to home and yet he couldn't help but dread the thought of seeing the people who let him make this life changing decision. He was only excited about seeing the missing piece of his soul, no one else. That was the only pain that was unbearable, not being near Emmett. They were torn apart and the people who did it to them don't even care, not Edward for sure. Asher felt it in his soul that Edward held no remorse for putting them in the agony he had just been through, anything to save him and bella wasn't too hard to get. Edward knew the bait that Aro was throwing out, he knew Asher wouldn't say no to saving his sisters life yet again on borrowed time. Because they all knew, the Volturi never give second chances. 

So now Asher just sat in the private jet thinking before he was interrupted by that same blonde vampire from days before, Luke was his name. "You going to share what's brewing in that mind of yours?" He spoke with a light smile. 

"Nothing too crazy, just planning my revenge on my sisters stupid boyfriend," Asher joked.

"Oh lovely, I heard all about how you were asked to join. Seemed like a terrible situation to be in the middle of, but one question has been bugging me about it," Luke spoke. It didn't surprise Asher that they knew, but he was sure they didn't have all the information about that day. "Why wouldn't you just let her die if she's going to eventually?" 

That really took Asher for a shock, "Well, uh, good question. I never really thought of it that way to be frank, Isabella she's been by my side since the day she was born and my mission is to always protect her. Even when she is going to die or change into one of us, but she's only lived for 18 years and if I can give her more then I'm doing my job," he explains with a passion only an older brother could have. 

"I was an only child back in my human life, so I wouldn't have ever thought of it in that light. But if you know she's doomed why let her suffer till then?" He asks again. 

"Like I said, she has an opportunity to live at a least a few more years, my job is done," is all Asher replies with. 

"You're very interesting Asher, I'm truly excited to see the people that let you into our little club," Luke says mysteriously before going back to his book. 

That last sentence made Asher go back to spiraling, Luke really had a way with words. Because it did seem insane that someone would risk their life for one person so many times and never benefitting. Luke didn't know the full story but he did know enough that Asher shouldn't had to put on the line like that. This was apart of his gift, soul reading. Luke only needed to look over a person to know their personality and depict everything about them, thats why he was so unique to be apart of the Volturi. It was a strong power, sure he didn't need Asher's answers but seeing the thought process in action always fascinated him. So this was his game, asking the deep hitting question making that person rethink everything. Asher didn't know that, he just thought Luke was really perceptive to the whole thing. 

It was a long flight to Seattle, thats for sure. No one spoke much after that little conversation, they were sent to do a job that was already laid out for them. Talk to the army being raised, see what they were fighting about and decide the course of action. They had their dark cloaks on running through the alleys of the city, before deciding to just scout out the leaders who were hiding in a small cottage. The perfect setting, Jane knocks on the door only being met by a hostile blonde newborn. 

"What do you want?" he hissed, but the girl hiding inside came in to view. Her blood red curls were the first thing that Asher saw and his eyes widened at the sight of Victoria. 

"No need to fret Riley, I'm sure they mean no harm for now," she whispers in his ear vindictively. Asher saw right through her, he knows she's getting back at the Cullens for destroying James. 

"Yes, not for now," Jane answers before continuing, "We would like to know why you're causing such a fuss in the states, so tell us." 

"Theres this coven in a small town near here, who've wronged me badly. I'm sure that one told you all about it," Victoria simply said before ushering them away from prying ears. 

"We've only heard a little, but I'm sure we know who its about," Luke says with a charmed smile. 

"So we're he to make a deal," Asher spoke. This took Victoria by surprise, why does the Cullen lover want to take them down? 

"We let you have 5 days to do your plan, and if you're successful you live freely," Jane told her. 

"and what happens if we don't?" she asks. 

"Well, thats for the future," Janes smiles sinisterly. 

"We'll take our leave now, don't disappoint dear," Luke winks making the other blonde boy growl. It made the group laugh before they ran back to the hotel they had rented out, with Asher's gift it made it easier to not be noticed with their red eyes and godly appearances. 

"That was fun," was all Luke said when they got there. 

"Oh definitely, nothing better than a woman trying to kill the people who killed her mate," Asher laughed. 

"It truly is amazing how that family of your's is always involved," Luke told him. 

"Well what can I say, trouble always finds it way to miss Isabella," Asher said. 

"Sounds about right, now I know Aro told you that you could see your mate. Nows the time my friend, I'll love to meet the lucky man," Luke dismissed and Asher ran straight for the phone. Not sure exactly how he was going to meet with Emmett, a part of him thought about just running to forks and checking the Cullen house or their own little cottage but that wasn't in the cards for him right now. So a quick phone call would have to suffice for now.