Thirty six

After an hour or so since Emmett left Ashers room, there was an unexpected knock. 

Asher went and opened the door and was shocked to see Emmett standing there, "Before you say anything, I wanted to tell you that I'm a fucking idiot for what I said about not going with you," Emmett rushed out, "Of course I'll go with you. I was just too focused on having to fight those stupid new borns that I wasn't thinking right, can you forgive me?" 

"Emmett, I have to agree you were an idiot and of course I'll forgive you. I know where you're coming from with worrying about your families safety, but you know that in the end that they'll survive? Just look at everything that you've had to do in the past year alone, there will be set backs but thats how life works," Asher explained. He would always forgive Emmett even it was something stupid, and it did hurt him a bit with the sudden rejection but he knew that Em would see he was wrong. 

"Thank you Ash, god sometimes I am unbelievably stupid," Emmett said, "Now I'll see you in a few days, my love," with a simple kiss he ran out of the building. 

Asher was stunned but so happy to have Emmett coming with him to Italy, it was what he wanted after all. It was what kept him buzzing with excitement throughout the days he was in the room, chatting here and there with Luke. They were becoming fast friends and Asher eventually found out about his gift, which was so cool. Soul reading just makes total sense to literally everything Luke had said to him to make him ponder about his life decisions. 

The day was upon them when the army would fight the Cullens, it was going to be an interesting time to say the least. Because once they got wind it was going on they starting walking to the forest opening where it was happening, and to no ones surprise the Cullens had defeated almost every new born. Besides one girl, her name was Bree Tanner. Esme and Carlisle wanted her to join them, she still had so much to live for but Jane just wasn't having it. Ordering for Demetri and Felix to take her out, and that didn't settle well with anyone but those three. 

There was one interesting thing that happened, and it was with Luke. He was looking over the coven who had caused a ton of problems, and caught eyes with Rosalie Hale. She was gorgeous, breathtaking to the soul reader. She was the girl he'd been searching for since he was frozen in time, but she was probably the one person he couldn't have at that moment. Timing was never on their side, because they couldn't be together at that moment. Another time they'll meet again, he was sure of it. 

Rosalie was shocked to be entranced by a member of the guard, he was stunning. She wanted to know him, but the time wasn't right. They both knew that, so they just had to push their thoughts away.

"Aro will be surprised that the girl isn't immortal yet," Jane thought aloud, "We just want to remind you that the Volturi never give second chances," they were about to leave but Asher spoke. 

"Emmett we're leaving." 

The Cullens were shocked, Emmett was leaving them? Without saying a word he walked to Asher and took his hand, and they just left like that. No goodbyes, nothing. It was liberating to say the least, but ultimately the shock factor was there. It called for a family meeting once Carlisle was done resetting Jakes bones, they were all just waiting for him to get there. 

"I'll be the first to say it, I'm glad that Emmett went with him," Rosalie said. 

"How could you say that?" Edward spoke. 

"You don't get to say a word Edward," she hissed. 

"You literally put me through what Emmett was feeling Edward, don't be a judgmental dick," Bella said sharply. 

"Fine," Edward grumbled. 

Carlisle was back in a flash, "I don't have a problem with Emmett leaving, he had already let me know," he started, "Emmett and Asher are mates and we can't force them to be apart. We just have to stay supportive from a far, I know that they will be back eventually. Every one of us have taken some time alone every once in awhile, so when they come back, we let them in with open arms." 

This wasn't a suggestion, it was a demand from the leader of their coven and they were going to listen. "Carlisle is right everyone," Esme spoke softly but mainly towards Edward. She didn't understand why he was acting like this entitled brat about everything over what he did. 

It was weird getting used to Emmett not being around, but they all knew that it was better in the end. On a happier note Edward and Bella were officially engaged, and Alice was planning on sending the announcement out to Asher and Emmett to let them know what was going on. The letter came after a few days, and it wasn't that much of a shock. 

"Apparently our lovely siblings are getting married," Asher said when he read the note. 

"You think we're going to be invited? I bet Edward won't like that, cause we're so evil now," Emmett laughed. 

"Duh we'll be invited, it's Bella we're talking about. I can't just not attend her wedding, it'd be an outrage" Asher joked. 

"We should bring Luke with us, he's got it bad for Rosie. I bet it's the same with her, but she's not saying anything," Emmett suggested. 

"Of course, Luke said they were mates when he looked over her soul," Asher said. 

"Oh right, I forget he does that," he smiles. 

It was nice being together again, Emmett of course stuck with the vegan diet not wanting to switch it up too much and he liked the honey eyes more. Asher agreed, but he still stuck with humans because it made him stronger. After they got back to Italy Aro was so excited to meet the man who stole Ashers heart, and it was amazing how fast Emmett got accustomed here. Maybe it was because he wasn't alone trying to make it work around these parts, but nothing was better than being with his mate. 

Emmetts a big dummy, but redeemed and Luke was made for a purpose yayyy!

Edwards still a giant dick, he was trying to manipulate Emmett into staying before he saw Asher btw. That was the reason at the immediate no, because Edwards selfish. But bestie Bella puts him in his place so thats a win. 

- jordon