Fourteen

Today Bella had older Asher that they were doing Blood testing, and he knew for sure she was going to faint at the sight of the crimson liquid. So he made sure to be on standby if she needed his help, but with Edward making the appearance of sitting with her at lunch instead of his family. He had a feeling that she would be taken care of by the bronze haired boy, so he relaxed with a loud breath. Emmett had felt his nerves all day, they were practically oozing out of the Swan. 

"Don't worry about her Ash, she's in good hands, even though yours would be nicer," he joked lightly but it made Rosalie wack his arm. 

"You're a buffoon," is all she said to Emmett before going back to picking at her salad making it seem less. 

"Hop off Rose," he grumbled. "I'm just trying to be nice, anyways. I had this amazing idea Asher," he stated with a grin. 

Asher peered over at him concern growing when he saw the mischief, "And what is that idea Emmett?" he answered cautiously. 

"It's nothing crazy," he reassured, "I want to skip the rest of the day and go to the woods," he simply stated. 

"oh is that all? Sounds like a good time, we should find a lake or a river to hangout by," Asher agreed and already packing up his school bag so they could stop at his house to get his hiking boots.

"Perfect! Honestly thought you were gonna be lame and say no like other people I know," Emmett said with a laugh. 

"Who else do you know besides me, my sister, and your siblings that you actively talk to?" Asher laughed when he saw Emmetts jaw go slack. 

"Wow Ash! I should feel wounded, but I think Emmett is taking the hit for all of us," Alice quipped with light airy laugh, the rest of the shared each of their own laughs before Emmett took Ashers hand and dragged him out the cafeteria. 

"You're real funny huh Ash," Emmett mocked and Asher only grinned at his monkey man. 

"Oh shush and let your wounded ego heal, take me home to get boots, servant," Asher states holding his bag out for Emmett, who grumbled and took it and his hand. Asher was happy that he won and was even happier to be leaving school. He hadn't skipped since he was back in Arizona, being a rebellious teen was hard with trying to keep his grades up at the same  time. 

Thinking back to when he was with his mom felt like an eternity ago and it felt so good to be himself with no judgement that was relatively close to when he was his mom. Asher felt so free when he had Emmett by his side, nothing like when he was with his ex. That was not a good time for him and Bella was trying to be by his side, but she had to take care of Rene. He didn't like to think back about that time, being with the bad boy of the school and essentially being wrecked in the end by said boy. Jaxson Fletcher was one of the most feared guys in that high school, but he was the guy who gave you anything you asked for with a price and Asher was seemingly entranced by him, and Jaxson would take notice of the blue eyed boy that would hang around the corners of the school with a cigarette hanging from his hand. That was the start of the tragic story of Asher Orion Swan, the story started during his junior year but they had always seen each other around since they were in freshman yea. 

They would talk on the corners of the school, about anything really till Asher started to want things to be taken on a deeper level and Jaxson obliged but his feelings were never the same. 

Asher was suddenly pulled out of his thoughts when Emmett told him they were in front of his house an Asher let out a dazed oh sure, before climbing out and Emmett got both doors for him. "You good love? You seemed stuck in a memory," he asked gently. 

"I'm fine now Em, thank you though, I was just thinking about Arizona," he told the concerned boy, "That place was never good for me anyways."

"You know you don't have to talk about it when you're ready, love," Emmett told him while giving hime a well needed bear hug making Asher laugh lightly. 

"You are the best Emmett," Asher told him with a fond smile, "Now lets a get a move on to the forest now then big guy!" 

Emmett laughed before rushing to the jeep, thinking about the perfect spot to take Asher as they were driving to a trail. The two were excited for their fun afternoon with no interruptions from anyone as the were secluded in the forest. 

~

Apologies if this isn't up to standards, its a bit a filler. But anyways thank you for all the love! I'll be sure to get things along, I've been referencing the twilight lexicon literally every chapter to keep things right lmao. 

-jordon