Twenty Three

James was dead and in many ways so Asher, but he was thrown into immortality and that was something he was not ready for. It had been three days of agonizing pain for the boy and it wasn't much better for the rest of his family. No one was handling it well, especially Emmett. He thought that if he had gotten there just a minute before this whole situation could be avoided, even with the constant reassurance that it was supposed to happen eventually, it still broke him into a million pieces having to watch his mate go into this. 

So all he did was sit next to Asher and wait for him to come back.

It was an amazing process of watching his love become a vampire, but it still felt like he was being gutted with every imperfection becoming flawless. 

They were waiting for his heartbeat to finally stop, any minute now and with one final beat it stopped. Asher took in a giant relieving breath of air, well it was supposed to be but he didn't get the usual satisfaction making him sit up in such a motion he would normally get dizzy and that didn't happen either. What was going on?

Emmett couldn't believe his eyes, Asher was awake but something was odd. "Asher you okay?" he asked reaching for his hand, but the boy just looked at it with nothing in mind. 

"What happened to me?" his voice was slightly deeper and almost alluring to anyone else but he had always had that affect on Emmett. 

"I didn't get to you in time," was all Emmett said his voice breaking and eyes getting glassy. 

"So James really turned me," he whispered, "That's just fantastic." Sarcasm evident in his voice, for the longest time he had control over his emotions but right now his furry was unmanageable. He needed to get out of that room right now before he lost control completely and that's what he did, took off running in the speed of light. Leaving Emmett in his pool of misery and confusion. 

"What the hell?" Emmett muttered debating if he should go after him or just let him deal. He decided to go after him because Ashers a literal new born with unfathomable hunger and emotions that are out of control. Emmett  was running through the forest trying to find Asher when the scent of fresh blood hits the air and Em could only think the worst, running as fast as he could he found Asher next to a hiker that was way off trail in the woods. Looking at the sight of his mate going pretty much feral did not sit well with Emmett. 

Asher on the other hand got rigid sensing the new presence, he knew what he was doing was wrong but the human just smelt too good and he couldn't control himself. "Leave me alone," he hissed at the other person not wanting to be seen like this. 

"Come on babe, I'll have the others take care of this," Emmett said nonchalantly. 

"No, I'm a monster who just killed a random person because i'm so out of order right now that I feel like I'm being ripped apart!" Asher  screamed, distraught filling his voice. 

Emmett pulled him into his arms and squeezed him tight, "I'm so sorry this happened, but we need to go back home and let Carlisle fix this." he had to be the strong one right now. Emmett picked him up and they sprinted back to the Cullen house, The others were already on the move getting things prepared to cover the body. 

Rosalie was waiting to see Asher since he had changed, and with her first glance he was beautiful... but his eyes were different compared to the usual. One was glaring crimson red and the other was the same ocean blue? They had no idea what this meant, but it made his whole aura more captivating. 

"Asher come with me ok?" She calmly spoke, knowing he needed someone neutral to talk to. 

He followed her to another room, specifically a bathroom to clean up the blood from his body. "Rose why did this happen to me?" He was broken from this whole experience he just wanted to protect his sister from death and he had to pay the price. 

"I don't know Ash, but from I've heard bad things happen to good people. Now we have to grow and heal from this terrible situation and we are all here to back you up," She told him softly as she cleaned his face.  They all didn't have a choice into this life and now that it broke the one person who kept that same cocky smile she wanted nothing more than revenge on those nomads for ruining everything. 

"I guess you're right Rosie," he agreed and he just went back to staring into the mirror. Looking at his appearance for the first real time, his acne was gone, jaw sharper, a little broader, longer eyelashes, and his odd eyes. "Wow, I'm as pretty as you now," he joked and it made her smile.  

"I'm still more pretty, no one can surpass me Ash," she laughs. She rinsed the rag one last time and let him change his clothes before coming back to the living room. Everyone was back inside when the pair got to the room, all offering warm smiles.

"Alright everyone, no need to walk on egg shells I'm great now," he said lightly trying to bring the solemn mood back up. Just because he had  a meltdown they didn't need to be all weird. 

"Wow Asher you look so cool!" Alice chirped skipping to him to examine all the changes. 

It surprising to Ashe how fast they changed, it wasn't normal cause he knew they had pity in their eyes but it was gone now. 

"Right! now i'm the star of the rather than you guys," he laughed before giving her a bone crushing hug whispering a small apology about phoenix, she said it was whatever the past is the past and now is the present. "Now that I'm one of you, can you see my decisions more clearly than when I was human?" 

"Totally, it's generally easier with vampires anyways," she answered casually. 

"That is so cool, wow," he sighed wistfully. "I wonder if I got a gift," he thought. 

Edward decided to pop in now, "I think you've already used it on us actually." 

"What?" 

"Of course! Asher tell me to do something, anything," Carlisle spoke with a smile. 

"Uh okay, find me the first crystal you can and bring it back to me," he spoke with a slight laugh but to his surprise Carlisle did as he said and literally he came back with a shining piece of amethyst that he had kept for many years. 

"Here you are, I found this back in 1856 when we were in brazil for a while," Carlisle told him almost hypnotically. 

"That's so cool! Now you guys have to listen to my demands whenever I want to," he spoke cockily. 

"We'll have to keep an eye on that won't we," Esme jokes  lightly making the whole room let out a laugh. 

Life was going to be a bit rocky with Asher learning to control everything, but it was nothing that he couldn't handle. 

~

heyyyyy this chap was a lil heavy so comedic relief bits at the end for the win! 

Tokyo Ghoul was on my mind thinking of a way to make asher unique in this world,  so thats where his eyes come from and I thought that was dope af. 

anyways leave a comment on how you feel about this chap!!

- jordon