Forty

As the day turned into night, Rosalie was having a moral dilemma. She wanted to tell Bella what had happened today between Asher and Edward, but yet she didn't want to speak about it with out asking Asher first. It wasn't her business so why would she be the one to bear the truth? She also knew that Bella wouldn't get the truth from either of the boys, so she decided to meet Bella at her house when Edward was at his bachelor party. 

Rosalie took her time walking to the Swan residence, and when she got there she decided to be a good human and knock on the door. Not caring who she woke up, because she knew Bella would get the door. When it opened she was met by a half asleep Charlie swan, wondering who the hell was here this late. 

"Evening Chief Swan, mind if I steal your daughter for a second?" Rosalie asked with a sweet smile. 

Charlie was shocked to see a different Cullen than the regular, especially the blonde girl who didn't really like Bella. "Uh sure? Promise me there won't be any shenanigans?" was all he could say. 

"I can promise you that Chief Swan, I'm just here to tell her a few things before she's to be married to my brother," she vaguely explained and he nodded before calling her down. 

Bella was very surprise and confused seeing Rosalie standing at her door, "I thought I was under strict bed rest till tomorrow?" Bella jokes. 

"I won't be long Bella, step outside with me and we'll just chat for a second," Rosalie told the girl. The young Swan did what rose asked and they walked down to the end of the driveway. 

"what happened?" Bella asked in worry. She knew Rosalie wouldn't come here willingly, something was wrong. 

"It was goin to be a surprise, but Asher is back along with Emmett and a new guy. But when Edward tried to greet Asher, things got out of hand. Asher exploded, putting everything in his perspective trying to tell Edward how much he ruined Asher's own life because of his love for you... But Edward pretty much told him that he wouldn't regret anything he ever did to save you, he was glad that you were alive no matter the cost," Rosalie told the girl and watched as the tears flooded her brown eyes. 

"That can't be true Rosalie, Edward would never say those things. He told me if he had the chance again that he'd apologize to Asher for everything," Bella tried to rationalize. Because Edward did say those things but he didn't follow through, he lied straight to her face. 

"Bella, you know I wouldn't come her unless you needed the truth. Edward manipulates you to believe his word is right, you need to come to your senses about who you are marrying. I know that he's family to me, but it doesn't excuse what he does to you Bella or Asher. Your brother is the best of us, truly, you need to believe me," Rosalie tries again once more. She loves her brother dearly, but he showed her his true colors when he spoke to Asher like that. 

"Rosalie, I can't believe this. Why would he say those things? I thought we were forever?" her voice trembles and tears were rolling down her face, "Edward should know that Asher will always mean more to me than him. Asher has always been there for me, saving my life when it costs his, we grew up together. I need to see Edward, we need to talk, bring me to your house please," Bella's voice was shaky but she was firm in her words. 

Rosalie gave her a supportive smile and motioned for the broken girl to hop on her back, by now Alice knew she was bringing Bella home so she had to gather the boys. Bella couldn't really believe that Edward would say such horrible things to her brother, he knows how much she cares for him. Asher has literally been there for her all her life and now Edward thinks it doesn't matter what she thinks? 

On the other side, Edward had absolutely no idea that he was being confronted. He thought she would never find out and they'd be happy together forever, but he didn't realize the strain he'd just caused. So when he got an urgent call from Alice telling him to come home right now, he knew something was up. When he saw Bella with red stained cheeks he definitely knew something was wrong. "Bella what's the matter?" he rushed to her side but she shoved him away. Why would she do that? She would never do that when she's upset, but he knew something was different. "Bella, tell me what's wrong," he demanded. 

"You! Thats what's wrong, tell me what happened today!" she stated hotly, she wanted to hear it in his own words.

He had to think about what he was going to say, deciding if he was going to tell the truth or twist it a little? The right thing to do was be honest, but that wasn't in the cards for him if he wanted her to stay. 

"Well, your brother came back from the Volturi, stating he was back for good. I went to greet him but he exploded, saying that I was the worse person in the world for saving you. Saying I was no good for you and all these other things, they weren't true Bella. I was going to apologize for not being there in his time of need when the priority was you, you are worth saving and he knows that. I was about to say sorry before he started beating me to the ground, he was being relentless Bella. I promise you thats what happened," he told her. Doing his best to convince her with his lies, they were alone at this point. Everyone went out to the woods to get out hearing distance, no one was going to know this was how Edward was spinning his web of lies.

Bella didn't want to believe that Asher really fought Edward, she didn't want to believe that he was yelling at Edward in the woods. But Edward telling her those things, it just seemed to make sense in a way? Why is she believing him? She's blinded by love and manipulation, but that didn't matter anymore. In less than 12 hours they'd be walking down the aisle and thats what mattered. 

"But Edward why wouldn't you stop him?" she asked the burning question. 

"He's still much stronger than me right now, he's been feeding on humans making him stronger. Plus we can't forger that his gift, he probably used it on me to make me stay silent," he answered her. 

"True, I forgot he had that since its been so long. Did they really change him that much? He was so sweet and selfless, what happened?" She wonders. 

"I guess thats what happens when you're with the volturi. We'll never know for ourselves," he ponders. 

"Edward, I still want him at our wedding. He's still family," she tells him and nods his head in agreement. 

He honestly was amazed with how easy it was to have her believe everything he said, it made him grin and give her kiss on the cheek. Whispering for her to go back home and get some rest before their big day, and he was going to go back out with the boys. Finishing his fun night of hunting. His plan worked like a charm and everything was working out nice for him in the end, like it always will. 

Yuck, Edward is a major dick and I honestly hate him right now for this. But ya know plot matters in miss Meyers universe.

- jordon