Thirty seven

Asher, 

Since that argument we had during the winter, I've felt like the worst person on earth. I said some heinous things to you and I'm just so sorry, from the bottom of my heart. You never deserved the way I treated you, especially Edward. He's an asshole to you, always making you out to be the bad guy. I don't know why I can't seem to stay away from him, but I promise to make up for everything I did wrong. You're my big brother and having you throw everything away just to protect me will something I can't ever begin to do the same for you. 

You are going to be my hero for as long as I'm here on this earth and I just want you to know that. Saving me is the best thing you ever did for me and I'll always be grateful to you for that. 

I know you won't be happy about my marriage with Edward, hell you know I'm not the biggest fan of it being married myself. But it would mean everything if you would come to my wedding, just for me  not them. 

love always, 

Bella  

He wasn't expecting a letter from his sister at all, but he was touched by her apology and yet it still wasn't enough for him. Yes he would of course go to her wedding, but he will never approve of Edward. She could have anyone but she still goes for him? Outrageous. He did appreciate it, and Asher being Asher would always be there for Bella.

After that Asher went to Emmett, with the talks of weddings he wanted to figure out when they were going to have theres. 

"Em, I have a burning question," Asher started dramatically. 

"Then tell me my love, before you burn to a crisp," he replied in the same tone. 

"We have to plan our wedding soon or we'll never get the chance," Asher said.

"I doubt that will happen, and I thought Alice was planning it?" Emmett asked

"Well that was the original plan, but things changed and we are now pretty much stuck in Italy and she's busy being bridezilla for Bella," Asher explained.

"Fair fair, now I've got absolutely zero idea what we need to do. however, I'll figure it out and you just pick out everything you want, got it?" Emmett told him with a ginormous grin. 

"you're giving me free rein on this?" Asher spoke deviously. 

"Oh no, I see my mistake-" 

Before he had the chance to take it back Asher put his hand over Emmett mouth and said"Nope, you can't take it back. it's in the universe now." 

"This'll be a trip," Emmett laughed. 

"I gotta get going, I set up a little chat with Aro about going to Bella's wedding," Asher told him before giving him a sweet kiss and leaving Emmett to think about what he said. 

Asher honestly didn't know how he was going to manage Aro into letting him fly to Washington again so soon, he'd probably end up using his gift. This was going to set his little plan of being free from the Volturi, whispering into Aro's ear about how he wasn't needed in his guard. His gift wasn't what he needed, he needed Edwards or Alices more than his. That's how he was going to bait Aro, it seemed like the perfect plan and he was going to use Luke to help too. They had been throwing ideas between each other, making sure they were always in private. Not wanting to be heard in a castle filled with superhearing people was a hard feat, but they found a way. 

Him, Emmett, and Luke were going to be out of the guard by the time Bella's wedding would happen. It was honestly the perfect timing, and to make it more inconspicuous they'd be traveling as nomads for a long while. Till the time was right, or when Edward would apologize really. Asher didn't want to live with him at all, even be associated with him. The thought was repulsive, but Edward was going to be family soon so baby steps it was. And honestly Asher really loved human blood, and being on that vegetarian diet again was not appealing at this moment. 

His thoughts were interrupted when he got to Aro's private study, it was time for everything to start. It was with a single knock and he was in. 

"Afternoon young Asher!" Aro greeted with that same manic smile he always wore when the swan came into the room. 

"Afternoon," he greeted, "I just wanted to have a nice little chat." 

"Hmm a chat?" are repeated. 

"Well a little bit more of a chat, if I'm being honest," Asher stated with a light laugh. 

"That's what I thought, I've heard a little rumor going around. Your sister, she's being married to that Edward, right?" he said. 

"Yes, she is and I was invited to attend the wedding. I know with everything that has just happened, it would mean the world for me to go and besides it'd be the perfect opportunity to know when she'll be joining us in immortality," Asher spoke. he'd let his gift slip into his words so easily, he had been practicing on both Luke and Emmett to get the flow down to perfection. 

"You do make an interesting point, but if we're being honest, I'd need her change date sooner rather than waiting for an unknown amount of time," Aro spoke. 

"I can always give a helpful nudge," Asher offered. 

"True again," Aro spoke thoughtfully. 

"You'll let me go along with Luke, think of it as a chaperone to make my though I'm being true to my word," he spoke with his gift. Not caring if it seemed too rushed, he needed things to move along. 

"Very well, I'll send Luke with you and I expect you back in Italy a day after the ceremony," Aro declared, "You may go," he dismissed. Asher thanked him and left for Emmett and his chambers. Positively happy how well that went, it gave him more confidence in using his gift on Aro. It was going to make everything go much smoother in the long run.