Thirty

This couldn't be real, Bella wasn't dead? Thats absurd, Asher had to call straight away. 

He tried her cell and to his surprise she picked up, "Isabella Marie Swan! Care thy o tell me why you aren't dead?" Asher all but screamed into the phone, at the moment he was passing a hole into the forest ground he was on. 

"Asher, you have to relax right now. It was a mistake, a fluke! All I did was go cliff jumping-" she tried to explain but was harshly cut off. 

"Why are you cliff jumping? Are you insane? Alice said your future was blank the minute you went into the water!" He exclaimed. 

"That's probably because of Jake, he shifted while you were gone. But you have to listen, me and Alice are flying to Italy right now can you please be there waiting with a car? We have to get to Voltera like three hours ago!" she explains urgently, trying to get a word in before Asher starts yelling again. 

"Why would I come help him?" he bluntly asked, Edward was not in Ashers nice list for sure and Bella was on the fence. 

"Because you love me and he's apart of you family now Ash, I know I'm not your favorite person or he is but please, just this one thing," she stopped for a moment. She was trying not to lose all composure, "That's all I want Asher, I need you," the quiver in her voice was there and it made him stop to think. 

Sure Asher is still upset, but the desperation filling her voice made him say he'd be there in a flash. "Emmett I've got to go, you fly back to check up on the rest of the family. Do damage control for Bella with Charlie, and I'll see you when I get back," he rushed out while grabbing his passport and wallet to start running. 

"Of course, I'll get a flight right now. It'll be ten hours tops on the plane so I'm sure that I can get it all smooth with Charlie," Emmett told before giving him a sweet kiss and pushing him away telling him to go. Asher gave him one more look, a look of worry, because he didn't know what he was getting himself into. But Emmett gave him a reassuring smile before they parted ways, Asher found himself running all the way to Italy before he actually new which airport he was supposed to be meeting them. So he just grabbed a car made a quick call, speeding into nowhere. 

"Alice, tell me where to be and I'll be waiting outside in a yellow Porsche." Asher rushed out.

"Don't worry you're pulling up to the one where we're getting off, like in an hour," Alice answered. She figured it'd just be the best option to follow Asher's decisions to get to Italy the fasted. 

"Perfect," he said and promptly ended the call. All he did was wait in the parking lot, hoping the clock would go faster and his wish was granted because time was not their friend these days. Because soon he saw the two running out of the doors looking for the car, he decided to honk frantically at them to help them. 

"Let me drive Ash, it'll be the best way to travel," Alice rushed out. Asher didn't respond all he did was climb over the center consul, during the entire drive no one spoke besides the two girls. Asher felt like he was just there, not being entirely useful to them playing grand theft auto. 

Soon they were rolling up to Volterra and the clock was running out fast, "Alice how long till it happens?" 

"We've got till noon, thats when he plans to step out when the sun is at its highest point," she answered while drifting a corner. 

"We only have ten minutes! You need to hurry up!" Bella gasps. 

"I'm going as fast as I can without police freaking out Bella!" Alice states giving the girl a glare making her shut up for a second. 

Bella was looking around and all she could see were people in red robes, "Whats with all the red?"

"It's called Saint Marcus' Day," Alice explains, "It's the day where all vampires were expelled from the city."