Twelve

It was Tuesday morning and Asher had woken up from his restless night of tossing and turning, but nothing could take the smile that was on his face. He had gotten out of bed and ran to the bathroom before Bella even got the chance, she was still laying in her bed. He spent about 30 minutes doing his morning routine, shower and skincare, leaving it a steamy mess for Bella to deal with and she let out a grown when she walked. Making Asher laugh, he made his way to his room and got dressed. When he was done he heard honk from the street, he looked out the window and it was the big Jeep with a grinning driver waiting for the boy in the house. Asher made sure to finish up faster and grab a pop tart on his way out. 

"See ya dad and Bell! Emmett is picking me up apparently," Asher calls through the house. He wasn't sure if his father was there, but he knew Bella was changing in her room when she yelled back an "okay" as the door slammed shut from the rushing boy. 

"Good morning Asher!" Emmett greets while getting the door for the younger boy. 

"Morning Em," he says back with a smile. It took the boy a bit to actually wake up, especially when he didn't get caffeine.

"How did you sleep Ash?" Emmett asks. 

"It was pretty okay, I was honestly too happy to get good sleep last night. So we are going to have to make a pit stop at a gas station or somewhere to get me caffeine, or I will die," Asher states seriously, staring Emmett dead in the eyes. 

That made Emmett let out a loud laugh, "Of course, anything for you," Emmett agrees. "We wouldn't want you to die anytime soon, sir." 

Asher soon joined in with his friend, who is really more than a friend, but they haven't discussed that deeply yet. "You're a treasure, what would I do without you?" Asher tells hims dramatically. 

"Probably just suffer in loneliness with your sister," Emmett shrugs and then he feels a wack to the shoulder. 

"That was rude," he couldn't keep the smirk off his face. 

"Yea sure, but it is definitely true," Emmett defended. 

"I am great at making friends for your information," Asher states with a smug look. The same smirk growing into a smile. 

"Mhmm sure," Emmet says with a smile of his own on his face. 

The two stopped at a gas station and Asher got himself an iced coffee that he refused Emmett to pay for, they bickered about it the rest of the drive to Forks High and their hands had found their way too each other again. Bringing butterflies in the blue eyes boys stomach and making the honey eyed boy beam with happiness. They had pulled into the lot, right next to the shiny Volvo that held the rest of the family. The rest of the Cullen family was looking at the two boys with looks of amusement resting on their faces. 

The other teens of Forks had another thought resting in their minds, was the Swan boy with the biggest Cullen? It was question burning and one would be sure to pester Asher about it if he sat with them at lunch, or she'll bother his sister. Because privacy just wasn't a thing for her about anyones personal life. But that didn't matter the two boys who were just happy being in the others presence, no one else really mattered to them at that moment. 

As the day went on it felt like a drag to some people and others had questions they wanted answered, but the swan girl still hadn't gotten her answers from the bronzed haired boy. And so her mind was just full of thoughts, because she didn't notice the big black van coming to crush her from skidding on the ice. 

Asher saw what was happening and yelled the girls name, trying to get her to move desperately, he had tried running for her but Emmett strong grip held him in his spot. Isabella heard her brother yell and she looked up to see finally see the van, she was frozen in that spot waiting to be flattened. But it never came because a force with bronze hair had pushed her back and the van the other way, Bella did hit her head but instead of the pain she was filled with even more questions. Because she knew that the weird Cullen boy was across the lot near her brother, but now he was here in a flash. Now that the van had stopped the teens looked at each other while everyone swarmed the scene of action, and Asher was by her side in a minute when Emmett let go.