𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

CHAPTER ELEVEN
"You don't have the balls"

"Come on! We have to get him out!" Jane screams as the group scrambles to regain physical advantage of the rope

"Come on! We have to get him out!" Jane screams as the group scrambles to regain physical advantage of the rope. Eventually, they are able to pull a shaken and horrified Glenn back up. Jane kneels down next to Glenn getting her clothes a little wet as she drags him away from the well.

"Glenn! Are you okay?" Jane asks as she looks down at Glenn catching his breath while the group views the attempt as a failure, Glenn smiles and Jane furrows her eyebrows at him. "Why the hell are you smiling! You could've died!" Jane says as she hits Glenn's shoulder but Glenn points in front of him revealing that he was able to secure the rope around the walker amidst the chaos.

Jane takes a deep breath and smiles. Glenn hits her shoulder gently and Jane looks down at him shaking her head. The group is pulling the walker to the top of the well, but in its water-bloated state, it gets stuck on the sides of the well. As they pull harder, the walker splits in half, with the bottom part of its body (and most of its entrails) falling back in to the well.

Jane covers her mouth and lets out a few coughs. "Well, this was just a waste of time" Jane says looking away from the guts spilling out in the water. Clearly disappointed at the wasted effort, T-Dog lets out his frustration, destroying the walker's brain with a pickaxe. Jane and everyone else backs up as walker brains fly everyone once T-Dog stops he catches his breath and throws the pickaxe on the ground. "Good thing we didn't do anything stupid, like shoot it," he mumbles, walking off.

After everyone went back towards the house Jane was getting ready to leave with Shane and Andrea for some early gun training when Shane walked up to her. Jane stopped in her tracks and looks up at Shane. "I think it's best if you stay here" Shane says and Jane furrows her eyebrows.

"You said you teaching us how to shoot.. and I wanna learn" Jane argues and Shane rubs his jawline and clears his throat. "I don't want to be near you right now, have Rick teach you" Shane states and Jane scoffs.

"You don't want to see me? I know what you did! I deserve to learn how to defend myself!" Jane shouts as Shane quickly puts his mouth tightly over Janes mouth. "What did I say? I had no problem killing him, what makes you think I have no problem killing you?" Shane asks as he slowly removes his hand from Janes mouth and looks around making sure no one seen what just happened.

"Because you don't have the balls!" Jane shouts as she pushes Shane away harshly and walks away.

Rick walks out of Hershel's house and sees Jane sitting down on a log outside while sharpening a stick. "Hey, I thought you were going with Shane and Andrea?" Rick wonders as he approaches Jane.

"They left, l was too late I guess" Jane says as her hun lays next to her on the log beside her. Rick lifts her gun up and checks the bullets. "I got bullets for this, I could teach you" Rick says as he hands Jane back her gun. "You sure? You don't have things to do?" Jane asks and Rick shakes his head. "Carl's fine. I can teach you the basics real quick" Rick suggests and Jane tugs a smile on her face as she stands to her feet.

"Thanks" Jane says as Rick sends her a nod.

Jane and Rick walked far away from Hershel's property and found a field. Rick set up two targets and went behind Jane and lifted her arms up. "Hold the gun nice and steady" Rick says squeezing Janes forearms. "Now, keep a good eye on the target and don't let it out of your sight" Rick says and Jane keeps quiet as she squints one eye looking at the target.

"Place your hand on the trigger... gently!" Rick warns and Jane chuckles a bit and nods her head slowly. "Breath" Rick says and Jane breathes in and out a couple times.

"Shoot!"

Jane shoots her gun and grazes the side of the tin can he set up. Jane falls back a little, shocked at the power of the gun. "That's crazy" Jane breathes out and Rick laughs as he goes and looks at the target. "I mean close but if you want a good shot you need to focus. Point the gun, hold it nice and steady, look at the target, shoot the target" Rick states and Jane nods her head.

"Okay, I wanna try again" Jane says and Rick walks back over to Jane. "Learning to shoot takes time. It doesn't happen over night" Rick states and Jane sighs. "Well, it has to happen a lot faster than this" Jane says and Rick clears his throat as Jane holds her gun nice and steady. Ricks words play in Janes head on repeat. She looks at the target and sees Shanes face. The man who threatened her, killed a innocent man in front of her and continues to gaslight her.

"Shoot" Rick says and Jane shoots her gun hitting the tin can perfectly and knocking it off its stand. Rick widens his eyes and nods his head. "That was good" Rick says and Jane slowly puts the gun down. Rick looks ahead of them in the field and spots a couple walkers coming there way.

"We should go. The sound is drawing them" Rick says and Jane nods her head putting the gun on safety and putting it in her pant buckle. Rick and Jane return to the farm and see Glenn and Maggie have returned as well. "Nothing happened" Maggie says and walks past her father while Hershel stands and stares at a guilty looking Glenn.

Jane watches Glenn and clears her throat as she looks between Hershel and Glenn. "Jane, I set up a place for you in the living room. That's where you'll be sleeping" Hershel says and Jane nods her head. "Thank you so much. But I can sleep out here—" Jane suggests and Hershel lifts his hand. "No, No, No buts you will sleep on the living room couch" Hershel states sending one last look to Glenn before walking in the house.

Glenn looks over at Jane before quickly looking to the ground and walking over to the RV.

WORD COUNT: 1095

WORD COUNT: 1095