𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
"We Vote"
——

Daryl, Glenn, Jane, Michonne, and Beth work together to lay spike strips at the prison gate and prepare for the impending attack while Maggie and Carl bang on pots and pans to distract the walkers flooding the field

Daryl, Glenn, Jane, Michonne, and Beth work together to lay spike strips at the prison gate and prepare for the impending attack while Maggie and Carl bang on pots and pans to distract the walkers flooding the field. After Jane and Glenn toss the spike strip on the ground Glenn secures it by banging it into the ground. Once they are done Daryl helps Jane into the back of the truck and Jane helps Glenn while walkers are being killed at the fence and they all drive back up close to the prison.

Glenn gets out the truck first and puts his hand out helping Jane get down. "They try to drive up to the gate again, maybe some blown tired will stop them" Glenn states as Jane uses her forearm to wipe the sweat beaming off her forehead. "That's a good idea" Rick says and Jane nods her head putting her hands on her hips. "It was Michonne's" Daryl says as he locks eyes with Rick for a second.

"We don't have to win. We just have to make their getting at us more trouble than it's worth" Michonne states as her and Rick look to each other leaving everyone else silent until they hear a gate close in the distance revealing Maggie and Carl with pots in there hand. "Hm, let's go" Rick says walking ahead of the group and everyone following behind him back into the prison.

~~

Jane was now by herself. She was outside by one of the guard post securing it with wood to make it harder for the enemy to see through. She grabbed the drill and drilled into the wood pieces and used wires to secure them to the fence. Jane continued to work until she felt a hand on her shoulder so she turned around and was met with Glenn.

Jane set down the drill and removed the gloves from her hands. "Hey, wow you secured most of it" Glenn says knocking on the wood. Jane chuckle and nodded her head. "Yeah, I got bored and thought it would be convenient and Daryl said I could use this wood so.." Jane sighs motioning around the guard post.

"You could probably remove these pieces so your weapon could stick out" Glenn suggest as Jane turns around and he comes up behind her and puts his hand over her shoulder pointing at the suggested spot. "Like you did to the other guard post?" Jane asks and Glenn chuckles softly, breathing down Jane's neck giving her chills all over her body.

"Are you okay?" Glenn asks taking a step back leaving Jane empty. Jane turns around to face Glenn who continues to stare into her eyes. Jane doesn't answer his question instead she leans into him and places her lips onto his willingly. Glenn places both of his hands on the sides of Jane's cheeks deepening the kiss before gently backing her into the fence with wood tied to it making it a little softer landing. They both break away from kiss and gaze into each other's eyes neither of them knew what this meant but it was obvious both of them wanted each other.

Jane starts to unzip Glenn's jacket while looking to his eyes. They both begin kissing again and Glenn slides the jacket off his body leaving him in his plaid button up shirt. "Uh— Guys— Oh my god!" Maggie shrieks leaving Jane and Glenn in shock as they pull away from each other quickly. "Oh..." Jane breathes out as she tosses Glenn his jacket and looks over to Maggie who quickly turns around. "Rick wants to speak to us" Maggie says before shaking her head and walking away quickly.

"That is so embarrassing" Jane breathes out as she locks eyes with Glenn for a second making them both burst out into laughter. "We need to go.. now" Jane chuckles as she pushes Glenn away slightly and walks ahead of him to meet up with the group outside.

Jane and Glenn arrived late and everyone was looking at them. Jane cleared her throat as Glenn walked up beside her. Rick stood before everyone and everyone looked to him. "When I met with the governor he offered me a deal" Rick confesses and Jane crosses her arms over her chest and looks to Rick.

"He said— he said he would leave us alone if I gave him Michonne" Rick confesses and everyone looks around at each other before looking back to face Rick. "And I was gonna do that... to keep us safe but I changed my mind. But now Merle took Michonne to fulfill the deal and Daryl went to stop him and I don't know if it's too late" Rick explains and Jane widens her eyes slightly dropping her arms to her side.

"I was wrong not to tell you. And I'm sorry. What I said last year, that first night, after the farm. It can't be like that. What we do.. what we're willing to do. Who we are, it's not my call. It can't be" Rick says and Jane swallows a large lump in her throat. She's been letting Rick decide the choice for the group alone. Everyone has. "I couldn't sacrifice one of us for the greater good because we are the greater good. We're the reason we're still here, not me. This is life and death. How you live... how you die— it isn't up to me. I'm not your Governor. We choose to go. We choose to stay. We stick together" Rick says nodding his head slowly looking around to everyone in the group.

"We vote. We can stay and we can fight or we can go" Rick says before walking away from the group leaving them speechless at his words.