𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER FIFTY
"Crossed"
——

Daryl, Tyreese, Joslyn and Sasha fortify the church, building barricades out of splintered pews and a stockade of organ pipes, as Gabriel watches the desecration with dismay

Daryl, Tyreese, Joslyn and Sasha fortify the church, building barricades out of splintered pews and a stockade of organ pipes, as Gabriel watches the desecration with dismay. Meanwhile, Michonne, Jane and Rick hammer boards across the windows with help from Carl and a guy named Noah that Daryl had brought along. Jane looks over at Noah who clearly feels out of place but sends Jane a wave and she sends him a nod before she looks back at the board and hammers the last nail in.

"He wants to go to Atlanta, but I can't have that" Rick says referring to Noah. "Then you stay. I'll go" Michonne says and Rick shakes his head. "I owe it to Carol" Rick retaliates and Jane sighs as she turns to the two of them. "We all owe Carol besides, he seems like a good kid who just wants to help" Jane says and Rick looks back at Noah.

Jane walks past them and goes into the church and walks over to Joslyn who is helping build barricades. "Oh, hey" Joslyn breathes out as she pushes her hair out of her face. "You still going to Atlanta?" Joslyn asks and Jane nods her head. "You know I could go. I'm good with a gun" Joslyn assures and Jane shakes her head.

"You're also good here and I'll be safe. I got Rick.. Sasha. I'll be fine" Jane reassures and Joslyn nods her head before she pulls her sister into a hug. "Fine, I won't argue. I'll stay here" Joslyn sighs as she pulls away from the hug making Jane let out a few laughs. "Good. I'll be back soon" Jane says as she sends a smile Joslyn's way and walks outside waiting for the group everyone to say there goodbyes so they can leave.

Rick, Daryl, Jane, Tyreese, Sasha and Noah leave for Atlanta while Carl and Michonne board up more windows in the church for safety. Once they arrive to Atlanta the group gathers up in a warehouse to discuss a plan to attack the hospital. "At sundown we fire a shot into the air. Get two of them out on patrol. Then once it's dark enough that the rooftop spotter won't see us, we go" Rick discusses while everyone stands before him nodding there heads, understand the plan. "We cut the locks on one of the stairways, take it to the fifth floor. I open the door, Daryl takes the guard out" Rick states. "How?" Tyreese questions and everyone looks over at him.

"Slits his throat. Something that won't make a lot of noise. This is all about us being quiet and keeping the upper hand. They're not expecting us. From there we can out knives and silenced weapons only. We gotta be fast" Rick says before he looks down at the layout he's drawn on the ground. "Tyreese, Sasha. Take them" Rick says as he draws two X's on the room of the layout. "Jane and Daryl. I want you to take care of whoever is in the kitchen. It could be a lot and could be double the work" Rick states and Jane nods her head understanding what she has to do. "Then I got Dawn" Rick says as he draws an X for himself on the layout.

"What if there's more people?" Jane asks. "Then let's hope they're smart and they'll give up. It'll be six on three then seven on three once we get a weapon to Beth" Rick answers looking over to Jane who nods. "12 on three. The wards will help" Noah states and everyone looks over at him before Tyreese talks after him. "That's best case. What's worst case?" Tyreese wonders and begins shaking his head. "All it takes is one of those cops going down the hall way at the wrong time. Then it's not quiet. It's all hands on deck" Tyreese states and Jane sighs and shrugs as she looks over at Sasha.