𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
"Rescue team"
——

"I know this may be hard but these are bad people

"I know this may be hard but these are bad people. They want to hurt us" Glenn says and Jane shakes the negative thoughts out of her head. "Let's hurt them first" Jane finishes and Glenn nods his head before him and Jane stand near the door so they are ready when for whoever walks through.

While waiting, Jane hears the door unlock and gets ready. Once the door opens she notices Merle and another one of his men so when they least expect it Glenn and Jane stage an ambush. Glenn manages to stab one of Merle's men, in the throat but before they can overpower Merle, a group of Woodbury soldiers enter and restrain them.

"Let her go!" Glenn shouts as Jane is grabbed by one of the soldiers. While being dragged out the room smoke is released in the air making the soldiers let go of Glenn and Jane. "Glenn!" Jane calls out and feels a pair of arms wrap around her and once the smoke was out of her way she seen Rick and her eyes went wide and wrapped her arms around him not caring about the pain in her stomach. "Oh my god!" Jane mumbles as Rick hugs her back.

"Jane?" Glenn questions as Jane turns around seeing Glenn appear out of the smoke so she reaches her hand into his and drags him out. The group meets up in Woodbury's distribution center, where Glenn tells Daryl that Merle is alive and working for the Governor. "He was gonna execute us," Glenn says while gunfire erupts on the street.

"We need to make a run for that wall now!" Rick orders and Jane looks around to see the one of the prisoners here along with Maggie. The group makes a run for the wall and Jane and Glenn hold hands while shots are being fired there way. They duck and quickly get behind cover along with Maggie and Rick. Jane sees the prisoner Oscar helping out and shooting people so they can get away. While Jane waits for Oscar when he leaves his cover to shoot he is shot dead and Jane widens her eyes at the site and looks over to Rick who looks confused but begins shooting.

"Rick! Rick!" Maggie shouts and shakes her head. After yelling to an unresponsive Rick, Maggie shoots Oscar in the head to prevent reanimation. The group climbs over the wall and hides in the bushes to plan their next course of action. "Where's Daryl and Michonne?" Maggie asks and Jane furrows her eyebrows. "Who's that?" Jane asks as she looks to Rick.

"She saw you guys get taken by Merle. She brought us the formula and told us how to save you guys" Rick explains and Jane breathes heavily as she holds her stomach. "Are you okay?" Glenn asks and Jane nods her head. "I'm fine" Jane reassures as she closes her eyes. "Are you sure? You don't look fine" Rick says as he holds his gun in his hand. "I'll be fine!" Jane exclaims as Michonne, who Jane found beautiful rejoins the rescue team as they wait for Daryl also.

"Where were you?" Rick asks and the woman doesn't answer. "I outta kill your here and now" Rick says pointing his gun towards her making her send him a smirk. Jane swallows a large lump in her throat as she looks to the dark skinned woman smirking. "You still need my help rescuing Daryl and getting those two back to the prison" Michonne says as she leans closer to the gun but Rick slowly puts it down since he knows he needs her.

"Okay, you guys need to get back to the prison" Rick orders and Jane places a hand on his arm. "I want to help. Daryl help me so let me help him" Jane suggests and Rick shakes his head. "Maggie will come with me. Michonne will take you guys to the car. Wait for us there" Rick says as Rick and Maggie leave and Michonne escorts Glenn and Jane to the car.

Later, Rick and the group rendezvous with Glenn and Michonne at the car where they last parked it. Glenn raises his gun at the sight of Merle and Michonne brings out her katana. Merle laughs off the threat, "You know your little friend is alive. Andrea. Oh! and she is sleeping with the Governor" Merle says and Jane and Rick lock eyes shocked to learn Andrea is alive and well in Woodbury.

Before they leave Daryl informs Merle was coming with them but Rick, Jane, Glenn, and Maggie refuse to let Merle accompany them back to the prison. "Don't ask me to leave him. I already did that once," Daryl says. Realizing they're at an impasse, Daryl parts ways with the group and disappears into the forest with Merle. "Daryl!" Jane calls out about to exit the car when Rick pulls her back in. "Let him go" Rick states as he gets in the car and begins driving away back to the prison.

On their way back to the prison, Rick and the others push a truck from the middle of the road. While Jane pushes the car her stomach begins to hurt more than ever so she falls out on the ground and takes deep breathes. "Woah!" Rick says as he bends down to Jane. "Are you sure you're okay?" Rick asks as a tear slides down Janes cheek but she continues to pretend she is okay. "I'm fine" Jane nods her head as she pushes her hair back out of her face. Glenn opens a car door to get the break. A walker jumps out at him and he proceeds to smash in the skull of the walker with his boot, Glenn then turns his rage on Rick, "Why didn't you kill him?" Glenn asks and Rick stands up straight and Jane looks between them.

"Glenn" Jane breathes out. "Do you know what they did to us! To her! Look at her stomach!" Glenn points out and Jane shakes her head. "It doesn't matter" Jane says as she looks to Rick who looks concerned. "What happened in there?" Rick asks as Jane leans up against the car and stands up.

"My sister— is there and she is dating that man. The leader. She had her men punch me in the stomach multiple times too get me to tell them where the camps was" Jane explains. "Did you?" Maggie asks and Jane nods. "I did but that was when they put a gun to Glenn's head. I— I couldn't let him die so I am sorry for that" Jane says and Maggie walks over to Jane.

"Let's get you back in the car" Maggie says placing a hand on Janes shoulder as they walk back to the car together leaving Rick and Glenn to talk on there own. "May I?" Maggie ask looking down to Janes stomach. Jane nods and gently pulls up her shirt revealing her black and blue bruises. "Once we get back to the prison I'll have my father look at it. Could have broken ribs but I'm sure my father can help" Maggie reassures pulling Jane's shirt down for her and helping her in the car all the way.

~~

They arrive back at the prison and Maggie helps Jane into the prison and she is shocked to see a few new faces when she reaches the common room. "Dad, could you check her ribs?" Maggie asks and Hershel stands up with his two canes and walks into the cell block. Jane follows him and takes a seat on the bottom bunk and lets out a breath of relief.

"Alright, let's see" Hershel says as he bends down. Jane clears her throat and lifts her shirt and jacket up revealing her bruises. Hershel and Jane locks eyes after seeing her bruises. Hershel begins to press down on Jane's stomach and she winced at every ounce of pressure. "Yeah, there not feeling to good" Hershel states as he examines her stomach. "Whoever did this got you in all the right places" Hershel says and Jane closes her eyes as he continues to press down on her stomach trying to hold in the pain.

"I say take it easy. Once, I get some medical supplies I'll wrap you up" Hershel says and Jane smiles as she stands up and walks out of his cell. Feeling very confused she walks out in the common room where the new people are. One of the men walk up to her and shake her hand immediately.

"Oh— Hello" Jane laughs shaking the tall man with a beard hand. "Are you the leader?" He asks and Jane chuckles shaking her head, "That would be him" Jane states motioning over to Rick who stares at the group. "Hi, I'm Tyreese, this is my sister Sasha, then that's Allen and his son Ben" Tyreese explains and Sasha sends a greeting smile to Jane and she returns one back.

"We wanted to know if we could stay. I mean we can help defend the prison and we'll do everything to contribute" Tyreese insists and Jane notices Rick doesn't look to well. "I can't be responsible," he claims and everyone looks around at each other confused at why he refused. "What do you want from me?" Rick screams, waving his gun. Jane widens her eyes and looks around the room.  "I can't help you! Get out!" Unsure who Rick is screaming at, Tyreese's group starts to back away.

"Okay, outside" Glenn orders, rushing them before Rick hurts someone. Everyone stares at Rick as he frantically paces the common room.