𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮

CHAPTER TWENTY
"Alone"
——

The group has been on the run moving from house to house through rural Georgia for the last eight months

The group has been on the run moving from house to house through rural Georgia for the last eight months. Carl has now become more proficient with firearms and so has Jane. Daryl seems to have officially replaced Shane Walsh as Rick's right-hand man. Jane and Glenn's relationship has been advancing but every time they try to have some fort of conversation Maggie comes and interrupts what they have going on and Lori's pregnancy is near term.

Moving as a cohesive unit, Rick, Jane, T-Dog, Daryl, and Carl breach a house, eliminate the walkers inside, and search the place to make sure it's safe for the group to camp out there. After the search is over, the others enter the house and gathers around on the ground.

The group hasn't had an actual conversation for months. They figured it was better to move in silence because silence was good. Silence meant no walkers. After a short while, everyone starts to settle until T-Dog looks out of the window and notices a group of walkers approaching. Everyone runs to the cars and they drive off.

The cars stop on a highway where Carl and Beth keep watch whilst the group discuss where they are headed. "We've got no place left to go" T-Dog begins as him and Maggie roll out the map on top of the car. "When this herd meets up with us, we'll be cut off" Maggie states pointing to an area on the map.

"So, there's no way we can stop this herd or move it to another. Even make our way around it?" Jane questions and Maggie lets out a tired sigh while shaking her head. "Can't do any of those. It's suicide" Maggie says breathlessly and Jane groans in annoyance. "What you say it's about a 150 ahead?" Daryl asks leaning upon against the car.

Everyone in the group was covered in dirt, swear and tears. "That was last week. Could he twice that much now" Glenn answers and Daryl looks around. "We could delay them. If we move fast, we might have a shot at tearing right—" Hershel tries to come up with a plan but is cut off by T-Dog. "Wait- If this group joins with that one they could spill out this way" T-Dog explains pointing to the groups and areas on the map.

"Either way we're blocked because of that group and that group spill out this way there's like no where to go" Jane says as she points to the markings on the map. "Only thing we can do is double back to 27 and swing towards Greenville" Rick says and T-Dog starts scratching his head looking at the map.

"I don't think that could work. We've been through that route already" Jane says as she covers her eyes from the sun. "Yeah, the whole winter we went in circles. Same routine and route" T-Dog agrees.

"I know, I know. At Newman we'll push west. I know we haven't been through there yet and we can't keep going from house to house" Rick says as he looks at Lori who's sitting in the car. "You're right, we need a place to call home even if it's for a few weeks" Jane states as she shrugs her shoulders looking around at the group.

"That's cool but is it cool if we get to the creek before we head out? We gotta fill up on water" T-Dog says gathering his map and book bag. "Knock yourself out" Rick says and T-Dig claps his hands once. Jane walks over to the back of the car and leans up against it when Glenn comes over and does the same thing. Jane looks over at him and chuckles softly then looks up at the blue sky.