𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
"I want you"
——

The groups journey continues and they are on the road once again and decide to take a break

The groups journey continues and they are on the road once again and decide to take a break. Jane drops the large duffel bag she was carrying full of guns so Rick didn't have too and Glenn walks up to her pushes her hair out of her sweaty face. "How you feeling?" Glenn asks as he rests his hand on the side of Jane's cheek. "Hungry but that's nothing knew" Jane says as her and Glenn look into each other's eyes and she doesn't hesitate to slowly lean in and place her lips onto his in-front of everyone. Glenn was quite shocked but he sank into the kiss then they both pulled away.

"I missed you" Jane confesses and Glenn nods his head placing a kiss onto Jane's forehead and bringing her in for a hug which Jane returns. Tara looks over at Maggie who is staring at the couple who isn't really a couple but once Maggie notices Tara she quickly looks away and pretends nothing happened at all.

The group continue on their journey and come across a lone walker. "I got it" Michonne informs and reaches reflexively for the katana that she lost to Terminus. Sighing, she takes it out by striking it with her gun and bashing its head in with the butt of her gun while group continues on knowing she'll catch up.

Walking in the woods again the next day, everyone hears a noise and prepares their weapons. Daryl comes out of the woods with some squirrels he caught. "We surrender," he jokingly says. Jane lets out a sigh and slowly puts her gun down as she notices it was Daryl. "Where did you go? After the prison?" Glenn asks as the group continues to walk through the woods. "Well, Joslyn and I were just wondering then we came across this barn with not so nice people in it" Jane answers and Glenn furrows his eyes.

"What do you mean?" He wonders. "It was this married couple and they— they were cannibals" Jane confesses and Glenn widens his eyes at her words. "But Rick came and saved Joslyn and I so— everything's fine" Jane reassures and Glenn lets out a breaths of relief and suddenly the group begins to hear cries for help. "Help!" the person screams which makes everyone stop in there tracks.

"Dad, come on" Carl urges as his dad stands behind him. Jane grips her rifle ready for whatever order Rick is about to give. The man continues screaming and it's clear Carl wants to help. "Come on!" Carl begs and Rick is convinced and begins running which causes the rest of the group to follow him towards the screaming. Once they get there, they find a man, a preacher from his clothing, up on a rock surrounded by walkers. The group dispatch the walkers and then forms a perimeter, looking distrustfully at the still frightened man.

Joslyn walks up beside Jane and places a hand on her shoulder making sure she's alright before they both look to preacher up on the rock. "Come on down" Rick states and the preacher slowly but surely makes his way down the rock safe and sound. Jane notices the man doesn't look to good and she takes a few steps forward. "Um, are you okay?" Jane asks as she catches her breath. The man nods but bends down and throws up.