𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
"Virginia"
——

17 days have passed since Beth's death

17 days have passed since Beth's death. Maggie and Noah are still coping with Beth's unexpected demise. After leaving the hospital, Rick, Jane, Glenn, Daryl, Tyreese and Sasha go for a supply run. They end up finding a van, clearing it out, and takes it for transportation to Virginia.

When the night comes, Jane and Glenn cuddle up together by the fire staring up at the night sky. "Are you okay?" Glenn asks as he gently pushes Jane's hair out of her face. "Usually when you ask me that I'm fine but right now I'm not. Beth— she was so close to getting out... she was so young" Jane whispers before she looks over at Glenn. "I know.. I know" Glenn reassures as he places a kiss on top of Jane's forehead. "I love you" Jane confesses and Glenn looks at her as he pulls away from the kiss and a smile forms on his face. "I love you too" Glenn admits before Jane places her lips onto his and they share a passionate kiss that last for a few more seconds before they decided to stop and enjoy the night sky.

"It was secure" Rick informs as he gathers the group together to talk about a potential new place for them. "It has a wall, homes, 20 people. Beth wanted to go with him and get him there. It's a long trip, but if it works out. It's the last long trip we have to make" Rick says looking around at everyone who quietly agrees with him but is still sort of skeptical of this new place.

"And what if it isn't around anymore?" Glenn asks as he wraps his arm around Jane and looks down. "Then we keep going" Rick answers and Glenn meets his eyes. "Then we find a new place" Michonne adds and Jane looks over at her and smiles at the determination and hope Michonne has.

Rick, Jane, Michonne, Glenn, Tyreese, and Noah are on the way to where Noah's place was mentioned, having made their way through South Carolina, North Carolina and much of Virginia. "Hey Carol" Rick radios as Tyreese drives the car to the destination. "I'm here" Carol informs. "We're halfway there. Just wanted to check the range" Rick radios back as he looks ahead of him at the street waiting for Carol to reply. "Everybody's holding tight. We've made it 500 miles. Maybe this can be the easy part" Carol says making everyone form a slight smile on their face at her comment. The two contain to radio until Rick gives them a time limit when to check in and Carol says to Rick that if they don't get back, the rest will come looking.

"We have two more miles" Noah informs and Rick sits up in his seat. "Let's pull into the woods. We'll go on foot and stay off the road" Rick states just in case things could go south so they park about two miles from the town. Since Jane and Glenn were in the back, Glenn got out first to grab Jane's hand and help her out of the van before shutting the door behind them and pull his gun out of his holster. "This is good" Rick informs as everyone moves closer to each other. "Through the trees, it might just look like part of the wreck" Rick states referring to the van parked in the woods by other broke down cars, blending in very well.

Suddenly, a walker is heard in one of the cars and everyone turns their head towards the noise but no one is brave enough to go kill it. "It's this way" Noah states and everyone follows him the opposite direction of the walker trapped in the vehicle and travel through the woods together. They approach with caution, Rick fears snipers but Noah reassures him, "We built a perch on a truck. Sometimes it's out front" Noah informs and Jane walks over to Glenn and peaks over at the gate and there's no perch on a truck. "Not today" Glenn states and the group continues walking together.