𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
"First kill"
——

The group holds a funeral for Dale

The group holds a funeral for Dale. Glenn and Jane found flowers around the farm and laid them on the grave and walked away respectfully. It felt different. For some reason Jane felt as Dale kept the group together. Untied. Now, he's gone and no one knows what to do. The person who seems to be hurting the most is Andrea.

"We are going to prove him wrong by showing him we can still work together" Rick announces to the group and they all nod slowly in unison. Hershel permits all but Shane to move into his house, due to Shane's antagonistic behavior. Rick plans for himself and Daryl to bring Randall out to a nearby town and leave him there.

"Alright, Jane can you go grab Randall and— T-Dog please go with her" Rick says and T-Dog salutes Rick. "Of course. Let's go pretty lady" T-Dog jokes as he jogs ahead and Jane catches up and they both head towards the barn. T-Dog opens the barn door and moves out of the way so Jane can go first. Jane chuckles and walks in first and her smile is quickly wiped away. T-Dog walks in and his smile has faded as well.

"Where the hell did he go?" T-Dog asks and Jane shrugs her shoulders. T-Dog and Jane rush out of the barn and start calling Rick and the group over. They all rush over and ask what's going on.

"I don't know, Randall's gone" Jane says opening the barn door further so everyone can see. "What?" Rick says as Hershel inspects the door and the lock. "Someone definitely broke this" Hershel says and Jane furrows her eyebrows as she sees Shane emerge from the woods.

"Rick!" Shane screams and Lori is quick to respond. "What happened?" Lori asks and Jane covers her eyes from the son and waits for Shane to get closer. "He's armed! He's got my gun!" Shane screams speaking of Randall having everyone in shock.

"You okay?" Carl asks as he tries to go to Shane but Jane gently holds him back. "I'm fine little man he just snuck up on me! Clocked me in the face!" Shane answers and Jane looks to Shane in disbelief. "Alright, Hershel, T-Dog, get everybody back in the house. Glenn, Daryl, and uh— Jane coke with with us. With your weapons" Rick orders and everyone starts doing there jobs.

"T! Imma need that gun" Shane says going towards T-Dog. "Why can't we just let him go. He's gone" Jane says taking out her gun from her back. "He could bring back his people. There could be a war" Rick answers and Jane lets out a sigh.

"Don't go out there. Anything could happen" Carol calls out but Rick and Shane take lead and start walking away. The group Rick, Shane, Daryl, Glenn and Jane start walking into the woods together side by side.

"I saw him, he was headed up through the trees that way before I blacked out" Shane says blood running down his nose and pointing to the direction. "He couldn't have gotten far. He's crippled" Rick states and Jane sighs holding onto her gun.

"He's also armed. You forgot he has a gun" Jane states looking to Rick blinking her eyes a couple of times before looking away. "And so are we" Rick says, "You tracking?" Rick asks pointing to Daryl who steps in front of him and inspects the trees.