𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭

CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
"Don't let go"
——

The power in the safe-zone has periodically been going down, so a small group consisting of Glenn, Aiden, Noah, Tara, Nicholas and Eugene departs to pick up spare parts from a nearby warehouse

The power in the safe-zone has periodically been going down, so a small group consisting of Glenn, Aiden, Noah, Tara, Nicholas and Eugene departs to pick up spare parts from a nearby warehouse. Eugene does not want to go, but they feel that he is too important to the process of finding what they need. Noah grabs his silenced pistol and hands it over to Eugene who doesn't grab it. "Oh no" Eugene says shaking his head. Jane furrows her eyebrows as she places some gear in the back of the van. "You gotta protect yourself Eugene" Jane says as she lets out a sigh. "Not if I don't go" Eugene declares and Jane scoffs.

"You have too. We can't drive all the way to that warehouse and grab the wrong items" Jane says as she motions to the van. "It's a dozen of these. They are consistent in appearance across manufacturers. You were a virologist. You've seen these" Eugene says pointing to Jane. "No Eugene. I haven't" Jane chuckles as she helps Glenn carry a few more things in the van.

"You're coming" Jane says as she takes Noah's hun and hands to Eugene who takes it and agrees to come along. Glenn spins Jane around and places his lips onto hers before they both walk back into the garage and carry some things back into the van.

Once arriving at the warehouse, the van is parked and everyone jumps out the van and heads to the back to load up their guns and add silencers to a few of them. Jane has one hand gun, one rifle and two blades in each of her boots. "Looks like that door is the fastest way in and out" Aiden points out and Glenn looks over to him. "We should know all the exits first. So there's a plan if things go south" Glenn suggests and Jane nods her head in agreement as she looks around at the warehouse.

"We already got one. It's called going out the front" Nicholas says and Jane looks to him with a deadpan look on her face. "Glenn's right, we should do a perimeter check. Know our exits just in case"Aiden agrees and Glenn sends him a nod. Once the reconnaissance was over, Nicholas and Aiden splinter off from the group to search for their needed supplies while the others break off into groups of two. Jane, Noah and Glenn then Tara and Eugene.

While Jane, Noah and Glenn walk with each other along the side of the warehouse the head walkers snarling in the distance. When they get close they see about two dozen walkers trapped behind a fence. "We're not getting out the front" Glenn points out and Jane sighs as she shakes her head. "You think?" Jane questions as she looks back at the walkers that roam around the lot on the other side of the fence.

The group comes back together and they all decide to go into a part of the warehouse. Everyone has there guns ready as Glenn opens the door pealing through the dark room and proceeds to bang on the side of the door to alert any walkers that may be inside. Aiden, who's ready to walk in is stopped by Jane who gently pulls on his shirt, "Just wait" Jane suggests and Aiden nods and gives it a little while until Glenn gives the heads up.

"Let's move. Let's be safe" Aiden offers and Glenn turns to him and nods his head. "Alright" He mumbles as he grabs his gun and turns on his flashlight before he walks in and that's what everyone else does they walk in with there gun in one hand and flashlight in the other being aware of there surroundings. The whole group enters the building and the door shuts behind them. "Okay, let's move" Glenn suggests as the whole group follows his lead. As the group gets deeper into the building they begin to hear noises that get louder and louder as they move closer. Soon they realize it's walkers. "They're stuck behind something" Jane states as she can hear the sound of metal clanging together.