𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
"A worse enemy"
——

It was early in the morning and Jane had left her cell block and went outside quietly without waking anyone up

It was early in the morning and Jane had left her cell block and went outside quietly without waking anyone up. She knew Glenn liked to sleep in the guard tower ever since the governor had came and attacked them so she walked over to the guard tower and seen Glenn standing on the balcony looking around. Jane went up in the guard tower and opened the door meeting with a curious Glenn.

"Oh, hey" Glenn greeted as a smile quickly appeared on his face at the site of Jane. "You looked lonely, I thought I'd give you some company" Jane says as she shuts the door and walks onto the balcony beside Glenn. "I could use some company, it gets boring up here" Glenn states as he looks off into the distance. "I've told you there's plenty of room in my cell" Jane says as she pats Glenn's back. "I'd love to join but— What if he comes back?" Glenn questions turning his head towards Jane while Jane keeps her hand on his back.

"If I were him I wouldn't dare come back here and I don't think he will. We're not even sure if he's alive" Jane says as she looks into Glenn's eyes and he genuinely looks worried. "He could be. Michonne's always out looking for him so there has to be traces of him somewhere" Glenn rants and Jane sighs. "I think you're overthinking this way too much" Jane states as she turns her body to face him. "It's like he's all you think about. Don't give him that kind of power because that means he's winning" Jane reassures as she places her hand on Glenn's shoulder. "How do you always know what to say?" Glenn asks he stands up straight and places his hands on Jane's waist. Jane shrugs and lets out a chuckle while her and Glenn look into each other's eyes.

Slowly but surely they get closer and closer. Close enough to where Glenn places his lips onto Jane's and Jane accepts the kiss. The kiss is slow but it means something to both of them. Jane gently tugs onto Glenn's hair and deepens the kiss making it more passionate. Glenn lifts up Jane making her wrap her legs around his waist as they continue to kiss each other. Glenn carrie's Jane into the guard tower and shuts the door to the balcony behind them before setting Jane down on the bed he has set up in the guard tower. They both begin breathing heavily while they devour each other. Jane uses this time to slip Glenn's sweater over his head and tosses it.

The two are quickly interrupted by a gunshot coming from inside the prison. "What" Glenn breathes out as he quickly grabs his shirt and pulls it over his head. "Was that a gunshot?" Jane asks as she stands to her feet seeing two little girls she knows as Lizzie and Mika rush outside. "Help! Walkers!" the girls scream and Jane and Glenn look to each other in shock and quickly make their way down the guard tower onto solid ground. They rush towards the girls who are with Carol. "Rick! Walkers in D!" Glenn shouts as Rick runs up to them. "What about C?" Rick shouts back and as he screams that Sasha, Daryl and other survivors rush outside.

"Clear, we locked the gates to the tombs. Hershel's on guard" Sasha states with an axe in her hand. "It ain't a breach" Daryl states and Jane furrows her eyebrows looking to Glenn before she grabs her blade from the back of her jeans and runs into cell block D with Glenn. Once they rush into the cell block walkers are all over chewing anything in sight. Jane looks up at the people running down the steps, "Come on go! Go!" Jane shouts as she escorts people out and stand a walker in the head when it gets to close to the stair case. "Kid! Get inside!" Jane screams as she lifts up a little girl and puts her in a cell block with Karen and some other survivors. After awhile the group had cleared out the walkers and gave them time to catch their breaths.