𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
"Daryl's Brother"
——

Jane sat down in the cafeteria by herself as the rest of the group were in cell block C and Rick was no where to be found

Jane sat down in the cafeteria by herself as the rest of the group were in cell block C and Rick was no where to be found. Jane couldn't stopped crying, she couldn't stop thinking that she killed Carl's mother. Even tho she wasn't specialized in stuff like that she knew how to use a scalpel and she knew how to cut and the right places to cut but she was so careless this time. Or was she nervous? Jane kept rethinking the moment over and over in her head.

What went wrong? I cut the same C-Section line, it was right there... She was already saying her goodbyes, did I do her a favor? NO! I killed her.. What did I do. Carl handed me the knife, I was sad, nervous, afraid. I cut her stomach, I cut it so... rough. I killed her...

"Jane?" Glenn calls out making Jane escape her crazy thoughts and look over at the cafeteria door where Glenn is standing at. "I just thought you'd wanna know the baby is healthy but it will require formula in order to survive so Daryl and Maggie left on his motorcycle to go scavenge for supplies" Glenn explains and Jane couldn't do anything but nod. "Jane.. It isn't your fault" Glenn reassures as she comes over and slides in a seat beside her.

"I- I don't know.. What if it was? I keep going over it in my head and I don't know what I did. I cut her old C-Section line.. I mean, it was right there" Jane rants on and on. "I killed her. Glenn, What am I going to do? Rick, Oh my god Rick probably hates me" Jane continues to rant until Glenn grabs her wrist and makes her look at him.

"Jane! Jane! You didn't kill her... And Rick doesn't hate you. He just lost his wife, give him time" Glenn says and tears fall down Janes face as she looks into the eyes of Glenn. "I think I need to be alone... for a little bit and collect my thoughts because I feel like you're telling me these things to make me feel better" Jane states as she removes her wrist from Glenn's gold and wipes her tear stained cheeks.

"Jane—" Glenn calls out and Jane turns her body away from him. "Can you leave— please?" Jane asks but she wasn't really asking she was telling. Glenn nodded his head slowly but before he left he gave Jane a small pat on her back and left the cafeteria leaving Jane to wonder again.

After a few hours Jane decided to join the others in the cell block C to see how the baby was doing and she noticed Maggie and Daryl were back with the formula.

She entered the room slowly and saw that Beth was holding her. Beth looked to her father who nodded her head as he watched Jane eyeing the baby. "Want to hold her?" Beth asks and Jane locks eyes with Beth. "Um— I don't know" Jane begins but Beth walks over and gently places the baby in her arms anyway.

"Support her head" Beth says and Jane clears her throat and does as she's told. "I've never held a baby before" Jane breathes out as she sways side to side slowly while holding the baby with dark brown eyes and very little hair. Age baby coos and Jane looks down at the baby and can't help but think the baby resembles so much of Lori and she gets back to her overthinking again.