𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
"Chess Board"
——

At the prison, the group prepares for battle

At the prison, the group prepares for battle. Even though Jane was hurting she had to help her people. Maggie brings out two assault rifles and hands one to Jane helping her reload the clip while Jane puts a blade in her back pocket. "Take watch. Eyes open, head down" Rick informs Maggie who nods her head.

"Jane, are you sure you can fight. Things could get rough" Rick says placing a hand on Jane's shoulder. "Nothing I can't handle I guess" Jane reassures putting a smile on her face as she holds the assault rifle in her hand. "Okay, the field is filled with walkers. No snipers though but we'll keep Maggie on watch" Rick says as he hands guns to people who need them. Michonne, Hershel, Daryl, Rick, Glenn and Jane huddle up in a corner.

"I'll get up in the guard tower, take out half the walkers, five these guys a chance to fix the fence" Daryl suggest and Jane shrugs her shoulders until she looks over to Michonne who proposes an idea. "Or use some of the cars to put the bus in place" Michonne states and Jane sighs.

"Wouldn't we be wasting bullets? Walkers will be all over" Jane says. "So, we're trapped in here. There's barley any food or ammo" Glenn says sounding angry. Jane looks over at him and sees the bruises on his face but looks away before he can look back.

"We've been here before. We'll be alright" Daryl shrugs it off. "That's when it was just us. Before there was a snake in the nest" Glenn says referring to Merle and Daryl knows and steps to him. Jane puts her hand out and pushes Daryl away slightly. "You're only getting mad because he's right. No one wants him here" Jane says motioning over to Merle.

"Well, he's staying here and he's with us now. Besides your sister is out there screwing the governor while also screwing Andrea so I don't want to hear anything about a snake in the nest" Daryl argues and Jane scoffs, "My sister can be pleased by whoever she wants and are you calling me the snake? I got beat up for this group!" Jane shouts, "And they still found out where we were! Why? Because you were shaking in your little boots and snitched" Daryl says and Jane furrows her eyebrows.

"They would've shot Glenn!" Jane argues pushing Daryl away again until Rick stepped in. "That's enough!" Rick booms looking between Jane and Daryl who look away from each other. "He's staying so I suggest you get used to it or leave" Daryl says pushing past Glenn and Jane and up the stairs.

"Rick, Merle living here is not a good idea" Glenn whispers to Rick who nods his head slowly. "I can't kick him out" Rick defends and Glenn is getting more angrier as the conversation goes on. "I wouldn't ask you to live with Shane after he tried to kill you!" Glenn argues and Rick and Jane lock eyes quickly and Jane's thoughts automatically go to Shane. Her first kill. The first person she was ever afraid of when the apocalypse started. The person who made her keep a huge secret which she has yet to tell. The person she murdered... and didn't feel bad about it.

~~

Everyone was now outside keeping watching when they spotted a person in the fist me walking up to the prison. No one could make out who it was so they got in formation and slowly approached them with their weapons in hand ready for whatever trouble comes their way. "Are you alone?" Rick yells as the person approaches and while she's getting closer Jane figures out it's Andrea making her way to the person.