𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
"Safe haven"
——

"Hey" Maggie calls out from outside the barn before she walks in and grabs everyone's attention

"Hey" Maggie calls out from outside the barn before she walks in and grabs everyone's attention. "Everyone... this is Aaron" Maggie introduces as Maggie and Sasha bring him into the barn where the rest of the group is resting. Rick and the others appear to be wary over Aaron's arrival and pulls there weapons out and immediately point them towards Aaron, not knowing if they could trust him.

"We met him outside. He's by himself. We took his weapons and his gear" Maggie states as Daryl spreads Aaron's legs and begins to check to see if he has anything on him. "Hi" Aaron greets and Judith immediately begins to cry. Jane looks over at Rick who sends her a nod. Jane hands her gun to Carl and she goes ahead and grabs Judith and bounces up and down slowly trying to calm her down and she does. Judith immediately stops crying and begins coo softly as she looks at Jane.

"You said he had a weapon?" Rick asks as he looks to Maggie who walks over and gives Rick Aaron's gun, which Rick keeps. "There something you need?" Rick asks as he looks to Aaron aggressively. "He has a camp, nearby. He wants us to audition for membership" Sasha says and Jane furrows her eyebrows in confusion as she rubs Judith's back assuringly. "Audition makes it sound like we're some kind of dance troop. That's only on Friday nights" Aaron jokes but no one laughs except for Joslyn but she looks around and notices that she shouldn't have gotten comfortable so fast so she stops and continues to aim her gun at Aaron.

"Um, and it's not a camp. It's a community. I think you all would make valuable additions. But its not my call. My job is to convince you all to follow me back home" Aaron say and everyone continues to stare at him in disbelief. "I know. If i were you, I wouldn't go either. Not until I knew exactly what I was getting into. Sasha, can you hand Rick my pack?" Aaron asks and Sasha nods and hands it to Rick and Aaron starts directing him to a small set of photographs of his community which he had taken as evidence of its existence.

As Aaron explains what his community is about and emphasizes on its security, Rick punches him in the face, knocking him out. "Are you serious? He seems nice and I could smell his amazing shampoo from here" Joslyn says as she looks at an unconscious Aaron on the ground.

"We need eyes in every direction" Rick orders and Jane sighs and hands Judith over to Carl gracefully and walks over to Glenn. "They're coming for us" Rick states and Jane furrows her eyebrows. "What do you mean? I don't think he's a threat" Jane states as she takes a step forward and looks to Rick. "Me and Sasha, we didn't see him. If he had wanted to hurt us he could've" Maggie tries to assure but it's not going through Rick.

"Anybody see anything?" Rick asks and Glenn walks over to check the windows. "Just a lot of places to hide" Glenn says and Jane widens her eyes as she looks to Glenn. As Aaron regains consciousness, he maintains a positive attitude, "That's a hell of a right cross there, Rick" Aaron says and Jane looks to Aaron and shakes her head slowly with a smile on her face shocked at how he's smiling after getting punched in the face.