𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
"We did it"
——

Jane was in her cell block packing up her weapons and extra clothes she had found along her journey

Jane was in her cell block packing up her weapons and extra clothes she had found along her journey. Once she was done packing up her cell she went and helped pack the food and medicine with Hershel. Once she was done with that she packed the duffel bags into the car. "Carl" Rick calls out and tries to grab ahold of him but Carl snatches his body away and throws his duffel bag into the trunk. Jane furrows her eyebrows confused at Carl's anger and walks over to Rick and Glenn.

"Why is he so mad?" Jane asks as she looks between them. "Yeah, I've never seen him like that. Not even with Lori. He just shut down" Glenn states and Rick sighs. "He's still a kid. It's easy to forget" Rick says slamming the trunk of the car closed and walking away leaving Jane and Glenn to themselves. Jane shrugs, "Its easy to forget" Jane reassures Glenn who shakes his head slowly. "Come on" Jane says as she rubs Glenn's shoulder and walks back into the prison with him to get dressed in better armor.

"Here" Glenn says handing Jane a bullet proof vest and a helmet. Jane puts them on and grabs a rifle off of the table. "Are you sure you want to do this? You can go out into the woods with Hershel" Glenn suggests as he loads his rifle. "I'm fighting with you end of discussion" Jane says as she secures the helmet on her head. Glenn looks over at her and smiles but Jane doesn't catch it as she loads her rifle up also. "Rick is moving the cars. Let's get into position" Maggie rushes in and Jane nods as her and Glenn rush out of the prison and go to separate guard post.

Not long after Jane was crouched down at her post waiting for the governors arrival and once they arrived they shot at the guard towers and released gunfire on the walkers in the field. Jane stayed crouched down so no one could see and open fire at her, Glenn and Maggie too early. She peaked out some and saw the governors people rush into the prison in formation and Jane knew it would be time soon because no one was in the prison except a bunch of walkers waiting for them in the corridors.

A couple minutes later Jane heard gunfire coming from inside the prison and the prison alarm went off ringing loudly that they could hear it outside. Jane had her rifle ready to shoot. "Go! Move!" Jane heard as the enemies started flooding out of the prison with smoke coming out of the door. "Oh.. It's time" Jane mumbles to herself as she showed her position and began shooting at them from her post.

She saw Glenn and Maggie shooting in the distance. "Shoot!" Someone shouted as Jane looked over and seen a gun pointed towards her so she quickly ducked for cover as gunfire was released on her. Once it quieted down she stood up again and began shooting at more people with n mercy. Some ran and didn't bother to shoot back while others shot back and protected the governor while he was trying to get away.

Glenn, Maggie and Jane shot their weapons like there was no tomorrow. Jane looked around but her sister was no where in site and deep down Jane was hoping Joslyn was keeping everything together at Woodbury and not dead. Jane began to shoot at the trucks as they were driving away but quickly stopped once they got further away and once they did Jane removed lifted the shield on her helmet and looked over to Glenn.