𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
"suspicious"
——

It was the next day and Jane was doing good with keeping the secret on the farm but it was killing her inside just like the secret with Otis

It was the next day and Jane was doing good with keeping the secret on the farm but it was killing her inside just like the secret with Otis. Jane was helping around the house and once she was done she went over to the hose and washed the dirt off of her hands. She watched Maggie and Glenn argue in the distance then she made eye contact with Maggie and quickly looked away.

Jane could feel Maggie getting closer but she acted like she didn't notice and picked up the garden gloves Hershel lent to her. "Hey" Maggie calls out and Jane turns around and clears her throat. "Hi.. Hey.. Um— What's.. up?" Jane asks awkwardly as she crosses her arms over her chest but thinks it looks weird and lays them to her side.

"About the farm" Maggie says squinting her eyes as the sun beams down on them. "Oh.. you came to make sure I don't run and tell people what me and Glenn saw in the farm" Jane says and Maggie nods her head slowly.

"I don't even know why you were in there and it was none of your business" Maggie states and Jane dries her hands off on her pants. "I saw a flashlight in the distance and I went to check it out. Then I saw Glenn was there and we saw the walkers you were hiding in the barn" Jane states and Maggie puts her index finger over her lips. "Just— Don't tell anyone! Please!" Maggie whisper yells and Jane sighs.

"I don't know if I can do that" Jane says. Keeping too many secrets at once is a bad idea because one is bound to come out sooner or later. "Well, you have to try" Maggie says as she walks away from Jane and Jane looks over at Glenn who is looking back at her.

"Hey, Jane!" Rick shouts and Jane rushes over to Rick and looks over at him. "You up for some gun training?" Rick asks and Jane shrugs and nods her head. "Sure" Jane states and Rick nods his head and pats her back.

At the firing range, Gunshots ring out loudly in the air and Jane is doing good but not good enough and is still trying to get the hang of carrying a gun. Jane over hears Andrea and Shane's conversation about what made him decide to stay with the camp, but he doesn't answer and Jane looks over al him to see Shane staring at Carl and Lori with Rick.

"Doing good Jane?" Rick asks as he holds his rifle in his hand. "Um.. I guess I mean i've hit the target twice but it just feels weird. Guess I have to get used to holding a gun" Jane states as she holds her gun with two hands and squints one eye while looking at the grey tin can a few feet away from her.

"Remember what we talked about" Rick says and Jane takes a deep breath and Ricks words replay in her head as she pulls the trigger and hits her target. "Yes!" Jane exclaims as she puts her hands in the air. She turns to Rick who is laughing at her excitement.

"Sorry.." Jane mumbles as she calms down. "Well, As of right now I think Andrea can get some advanced practicing in" Rick states and Jane sighs in slight relief since she doesn't have to be with Shane for another minute.

"Unless you would like to Jane" Rick suggests and Jane shakes her head. "Nope, all good" Jane states and Rick tells Shane goodbye before the group walks back to the farm. Jane puts her gun on safety and places it in the back of her pants and sees Glenn and Maggie returning from a run but it doesn't look like it went well as Maggie throws something at Loris feet and goes off on her and marches away angrily.

Lori walks away from Glenn and Glenn is left alone until Jane walks over to him. "Is everything okay?" Jane asks and Glenn looks flustered and nods his head hesitantly. "Yeah, just realized I'm not good at keeping secrets" Glenn sighs as she sits down by the tree and leans his head up against it.

Jane sits down next to him and nods her head, "I'm doing pretty good" Jane states referring to the secret both her and Glenn know. Glenn turns his head and looks at Jane. "Which secret are you good at keeping? The one we both know or the one you won't tell me?" Glenn asks and Jane swallows a lump in her throat and pushes her hair behind her ear.

"You know, I could ask you the same thing" Jane says and Glenn looks away. "We have to tell our people right? I mean there's flesh eating walkers in there barn and she wants us to keep quiet about it" Glenn states changing the subject. "I don't know what to do anymore. You'd think since I'm a Dr I would know what to do but I don't this world is so... messed up. I say we just keep our mouths shut before we both get hurt" Jane states as she stands to her feet and wipes grass off the back of her pants.

Glenn stands up quickly and gently grabs Janes arm. "Hey! Do you really think we should keep quiet about this?" Glenn questions with despair as he looks into Janes eyes. "Yeah, I think so" Jane states as she slowly slips her arm out of Glenn's hand and walks away from him.

Jane walks in the RV and sees Dale sitting at the table going through his tool box. "Oh, Hey Jane!" Dale greets and Jane sends him a smile as she sits across from him at the table.

"How was gun training?" Dale asks and Jane shrugs. "I think I did pretty good. Andrea got one on one time with Shane though. I guess she was more advanced" Jane states as she looks out the window and that night when Otis died keeps replaying in her head. Jane hates when that happens. It happens at random times or whenever she sees Shane or says his name. Shane is like a trigger for her but she can't do anything about it which makes it even worse.

"Are you okay?" Dale asks releasing Jane from her thoughts. "You look like you're thinking hard there?" Dale jokes and Jane forces a smile on her face. "I'm.. Im.. I'm not okay" Jane confesses and meets Dales eyes.

"I'm not okay because I'm not telling the truth" Jane states and Dale sets his tools down and pushes them to the side. "Continue" Dale states and Jane takes a deep breath.

"Shane is not who everyone thinks he is. He is obsessive and he's crazy and he's.. a killer like a human killer not a walker killer. He killed Otis and forced me not to say anything and every-time I look at him or hear his name I recall that night in my head over and over again. I've been lying to Hershel and Rick. Hershel gave me food and a roof over my head and Rick saved my life and took me in when he didn't have to and I've been lying to them this whole time and I hate myself" Jane confesses and takes deep breathes as she looks at Dale who doesn't seem shocked to hear what she had to say.

"Oh my god..." Jane quickly covers her mouth and pushes her hair out of her face and stands to her feet. "Jane.. Jane" Dale mumbles trying to calm her down. "No, I shouldn't have said anything. I'm sorry. Please keep that between us" Jane begs and Dale nods his head.

"Jane—" Dale says but Jane shakes her head. "No! I have to go!" Jane shouts as she pushes past Dale and rushes out of the RV. She goes around the back of the RV and places her hands on her knees and takes deep breaths as tears slide down her face. She looks up and stands up straight and sees Shane in the distance with Andrea and Jane cracks her knuckles and calms herself down quickly to not seem suspicious.

WORD COUNT: 1391

WORD COUNT: 1391