𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
"D.C."
——

"Okay, Okay, we should get back" Jane sighs as she pulls away from the kiss with Glenn

"Okay, Okay, we should get back" Jane sighs as she pulls away from the kiss with Glenn. "Or... not" Glenn jokes and leans over and places his lips on Jane's and she falls for it and sinks into the kiss but quickly pulls away shortly after. "Come on" Jane says as she stands to her feet along with Glenn. "Your flies down" Jane says as she looks back up at Glenn before he zips his pants.

Jane chuckles before shaking her head, grabbing ahold of Glenn's hand and walking out of the bus with him. The arrive at the front of the church and begin walking in and everything is silent. Joslyn walks up to Jane, "Where were you?" Joslyn asks as Glenn steps away leaving them to talk amongst themselves. "Just— out" Jane lies and scratches the back of her neck in nervousness trying not to meet Joslyn's eyes. "Yeah, is that what they call se—" Joslyn says and Jane reaches over and pinches her on the arm. "Uh. Ow!" Joslyn shrieks as she rubs her arm and walks beside Jane before Jane stops in her tracks looking around. "Where's— Where's half the group" Jane asks as she looks around.

"Uh—" Joslyn mumbles right before the door opens revealing Sasha, Tyreese and Rick. "Right there" Joslyn cheers as she takes a seat. Jane watches Sasha walk in slow and mysterious knowing she's definitely upset about something. She walks past Jane and right up to the priest, Gabriel.

"Stop" Sasha orders and Gabriel lifts his head up quite confused as to why she's confronting him. "What are you doing?" Sasha asks not giving Gabriel time to answer while Rick and Tyreese walk up behind her looking to Gabriel with a not so happy look. "This is all connected. You show up, we're being watched, and now three of us are gone" Sasha explains and Jane looks over to Rick. "We're being watched? What's going on?" Jane whispers before Gabriel speaks and stumbles over his words.

"I- I don't. I don't have anything to with this" Gabriel states and Sasha wastes no time and grabs her knife out of her holster alerting everyone. "Sasha" Jane calls out, "Don't!" Rosita shouts trying to go towards Sasha but Abraham holds her back letting them deal with it. Jane steps forward and Rick grabs ahold of her arm and looks at her shaking his head. Jane calms down and Rick releases his hand from her arm.

"Sasha, put it away" Tyreese demands but Sasha continues to press Gabriel and step towards him with the knife in her hand. "Who's out there?" Sasha questions while Gabriel lifts his hands up in surrender swearing he has no idea what she's talking about. "Where are our people!?" Sasha screams, her voice booming through the whole church which makes Rick and Tyreese pull her away so Rick can confront him himself.

"Why'd you bring us here?" Rick asks and Gabriel looks around at all the intense stares and shakes his head. "Please, I—". "You working with someone? Rick presses taking a small step forward. "I'm alone. I'm alone. I was always alone" Gabriel repeats and Rick steps towards him once again. "What about the woman in the food bank, Gabriel? What did you do to her?" Rick asks but doesn't get a response and decides to add to his questions. "'You'll burn for this' That was for you. Why?" Rick presses and Jane takes a step forward but Glen wraps his arms around her waist, pulling her back and she turns to look at him.