𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮

CHAPTER THIRTY
"Leave or stay?"
——

Some of the group including Jane sat in the common room while Glenn took over the leader ship role for awhile

Some of the group including Jane sat in the common room while Glenn took over the leader ship role for awhile. No one wanted to bother Rick ever since his meltdown yesterday so they just leave him be. Glenn makes an executive decision to fortify the Prison against the Governor. "I don't think we should stay any longer. I say we run and find a new home" Hershel suggests and Jane turns her head towards him. Glenn ignores Hershel's comment and enlists Carl to help investigate where Tyreese and his group found their way inside.

Glenn and Carl came back and informed the group that the boiler room is overrun with walkers again. "Then let's leave before they catch up to us" Hershel advices, but once again Glenn ignores him "No one's leaving. I will go to the far side of the Prison to look for the breach" Glenn says as he starts walking out and Jane furrows her eyebrows forcing herself to stand and catch up with him. "Glenn" Jane calls out and Glenn stops and turns to face her.

"What's up with you? I mean your so mad" Kane breathes out and Glenn doesn't meet her eyes. "I get it. You want him dead but working yourself to hard isn't the way to do it" Jane says putting a hand on his shoulder but he jerks away and Jane is left speechless at his actions. "Just— Go rest or something" Glenn says and Jane looks Glenn up and down before he turns around and leaves.

"What a jerk" Jane scoffs as she shakes her head.

Jane goes back to her cell to rest for a little bit but when she closes her eyes all she can see is the governor in her face, unzipping her jacket and giving her one last punch. Jane was breathing heavily as she kept seeing the governors face in all her imagines. Why is this one man clouding her thoughts? He's disgusting and he's with her sister she felt the tension between them. She saw the way she held onto him. She saw the way she didn't help her and insisted that she be punched multiple times. Her sister betrayed her but what did Jane think would happen? After not speaking to each other for 3-4 years everything would still be the same...

Yes, in her mind when she saw her sister appear in that light she thought all the problems they faced in the past would be gone and they would go back to being inseparable. That obviously wasn't the case and Jane understood why. Jane and Joslyn were on opposite teams, fighting for different people. And separately they were both different. BANG! BANG! BANG!

The sound of gunfire erupted outside which released Jane from her thoughts and dreams. She got up from her bed, holding her stomach while leaving her cell meeting up with Maggie who was carrying a bucket of guns. "Here!" Maggie exclaims showing Jane the bucket. Jane takes out a rifle and starts following Maggie outside the prison. When she walks out there she looks in the distance and sees him. The governor and Joslyn. Joslyn stood in front of the truck the governor was standing on with an assault rifle in her hand ready to attack. Jane also turns her head and sees Axel, one of the prisoners dead on the ground with a bullet in his head.

"Jane!" Carl calls out as she rushes over behind the wall with Carl and Beth while bullets are being shot at her. "Are you two okay?" Jane asks looking to Carl and Beth in which they both nod and Jane gods the rifle tightly in her hand. The gunfire starts to cease and silence drops when suddenly a bread truck comes crashing through the Prison's gate and stops in the yard.

Jane looks past the wall and sees the large truck and furrows her eyebrows a ramp drops down and the back door opens, allowing a mass of walkers to stream out of the truck, with the fully-armored driver fleeing the prison's yard. "Oh my god..." Jane breathes out moving her position from the wall and looking at the crowd of walkers in the field which Rick was in and she sees the governor drive off.

"Walkers!" Jane shouts as she rushes up to the fence and begins shooting at walkers in the distance. Jane sees Glenn arrive and quickly gets Hershel back to the main group, behind their second wall of fence. "Jane? Are you okay?" Glenn asks rushing up to her and she nods as Daryl, Rick and Merle rush behind the second wall of fence also. Momentarily safe, Rick stares darkly into the prison's yard, now swarming with walkers.

~~

The survivors regroup in the cell block following the Governor's assault. "We're not leaving" Rick states as he cocks his gun back looking to Hershel who has made it clear to the group he wants leave. "We can't stay here" Hershel says and Jane sits down on the stairs holding onto her stomach taking deep breathes to try and help with the pain. "What if there's another sniper? A wood pallet won't stop one of those rounds" Maggie points and Jane pulls her hair back and looks at Rick, "Yeah, We can't even walk outside and enjoy the fresh air. We're basically asking to get shot in the head" Jane states agreeing with Maggie on this way. After this attack there's no way they can be safe anymore with him knowing where they are.

"Rick says we're not running, we're not running" Glenn shouts interrupting. "No, better to live like rats" Merle voices while being locked in the common room. Jane rolled her eyes and looked away from the man. "You got a better idea?" Rick questions, "Yeah, we should have slid out of here last night and lived to fight another day. But we lost that window didn't we? I'm sure he's got scouts on every road out of this place by now. Along, with your hot sister" Merle says and Jane furrows her eyebrows and looks to Merle who sends Jane a wink.

"We ain't scared of him" Daryl says as he paces back and fourth on the second floor of the cell block. "Y'all should be. That truck through the fence thing, that's just him ringing the doorbell. We might have some thick walls to hide behind but he's got the guns and the numbers" Merle states and Jane scoffs, "Can we just put him somewhere else?" Jane asks as she uses the railing to stand to her feet.

"Why? Afraid I'll get to talking about what your sexy sister does with the governor or how Andrea did things with him too" Merle states and Jane stares at Merle with a deadly look in his eyes. "He's got a point" Daryl says and Jane rolls her eyes, "You're only saying that because he's your brother" Jane points out as she looks up to Daryl on the second floor.

"This is his fault! He took me and Glenn to that place and you're still up there defending him!" Jane shouts as she looks over at Daryl. "Does it matter? We need to make a decision" Beth calls out from the top of the steps.

"I say we should leave" Hershel suggests, "Now Axel's dead. We can't just sit here" he adds and frustrated, Rick tries to leave the room. "Get back here!" Hershel booms making Rick stop where he is at and Hershel walk over to him.

"You're slipping, Rick. We've all seen it and we understand why but now is not the time. You once said this isn't a democracy. Now you need to own up to that. And do something."