𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT
"The meeting"
——

Rick wakes up with his face covered in small bandages while Michonne and Jane are sitting beside the bed in different chairs

Rick wakes up with his face covered in small bandages while Michonne and Jane are sitting beside the bed in different chairs. Rick starts to chuckle and Jane scoffs trying to cover up her laugh, "What's so funny?" Michonne asks. "You two were here the whole time?" Rick asks and Jane sighs as she nods her head. "Now, what's so funny?" Jane asks as she tilts her head at Rick.

"It's— Its like the train car" Rick chuckles and Jane looks over at Michonne who keeps a straight face  and states that Deanna put Rick in the room to calm things down. "Yeah, cause you know, you went crazy" Jane adds as Michonne stands to her feet looking down at Rick who lies in the bed. "I'll be by to check on you later" Michonne says as she leaves the room leaving just Rick and Jane alone.

"Did you mean it?" Jane asks as she looks down at her hands. "What? To hurt him? Yeah, I did he—". "No, not fight. Did you— Did you really mean what you said about not doing what you did for Jessie for.. anybody else?" Jane asks and lifts her head to meet Ricks eyes. "Why? Does it matter? You're married" Rick says and Jane kind of feels attacked and furrows her eyebrows in confusion, ready to say something but Glenn, Carol and Abraham enter the room.

Glenn walks over to Jane and Jane clears her throat and stands to her feet bringing Glenn in for a hug before the whole group looks over at Rick. "Where'd you get that gun? You take that gun from the armory ?" Carol asks as she crosses her arms over her chest. "That was stupid. Why did you do it?" Carol asks and Jane looks over at Carol who has the slightest bit of emotion in her face. "Just in case," he replies.

"Deanna's planning to have a meeting tonight. For anyone who wants to" Glenn informs and Jane sighs, "To what? Kick him out?" Jane asks and Glenn shrugs, "To try" Carol adds. "We don't know that. Maggie's with Deanna right now. She's gonna find out what it is" Glenn says and Jane nods her head listening in.

"At the meeting, you say you were worried about someone being abused and no one was doing anything about it. You say you took a gun just to be sure that Jessie was safe from a man who wound up attacking you. You say you'll do whatever you want them to. Just tell them a story that they want to hear" Carol says but for some reason it sounds like she's reading off of a script, like she's been through this before. "That's what I've been doing since I got here" Carol advices and Jane looks over at her. "How come?" Jane wonders, "Because they are children and children like stories." Carol answers.

Glenn informs Rick that people are now guarding the armory, leaving them with their knives. "What the hell are we planning to do anyway?" Jane asks as she looks around at the group before Rick begins talking. "Well, tonight at the meeting, if it looks like it's going bad, I whistle. Carol grabs Deanna, I take Spencer, We can get Michonne to grab Reg, Glenn, Jane, and Abraham cover us, watch the crowd" Rick plans and Jane widens her eyes a bit.

"I don't like these people very much myself but are we really going to kill them because we can't get what we want? Just— Talk to them" Jane argues. "We will. But if we can't get through, we take the three of them and say we'll slit their throats" Rick states and Jane scoffs shaking her head.