𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
"Protector"
——

The whole group was outside trying to create a plan to clear out the prison yard

The whole group was outside trying to create a plan to clear out the prison yard. Hershel stayed inside to heal since he had just woken up from his long slumber. Carol was driving the truck into the prison, Rick and Jane helped her by telling her when to go and stop. "Okay, let's get the other car in. We'll park 'em in the west entry of the yard" Rick says as Carol pulled all the way into the prison.

"Good, or vehicles are camped out there lookin like a giant 'vacancy' sign" Daryl says and Jane chuckles to herself. "We should also get these bodies, they'll start to smell... worse" Jane says groaning out of discomfort.

"Gonna be a long day" T-Dog voices and Jane nods her head as she looks around the large prison yard and sees Glenn running down to them fixing his shirt and Maggie behind him. "Hey, you guys need help?" Glenn asks breathlessly and Jane looks him and Maggie up and down then crosses her arms over her chest.

Rick and Daryl let out small laughs as Glenn rubs his face and looks around trying not to meet Janes eyes. Jane lets out a laugh and starts walks with Rick, Daryl and Carol when T-Dog walks past them.

"Hey Rick" T-Dog calls out getting everyone's attention and they all turn around to face him. They look in the direction T-Dog is and spit the prisoners Axel and Oscar was towards the fence. Jane looks to Rick and notices his smile slowly fades away as he starts walking towards the two. Jane and the rest of them following after him.

Once they get close enough Rick puts his hand up to stop them from getting any further, "That's close enough" Rick warns and Axel nods his head slowly as he stops in place. "We had an agreement" Rick states and Axel swallows a large lump in his throat out of fear. "We know that. We made a deal but you gotta understand. We can't live in that place another minute" Axel begs with his arms crossed over him.

"There's so many.. bodies, I knew those people and there blood and brains paint my walls and I think there's ghosts" Axel states in fear and Jane looks over at Rick. "Why don't you just move them?" Jane asks putting her hands in the pockets of her jacket.

"We tried. We did" Axel states. "The dense is down on the far side of the prison. Every-time we drag a body out, those things just line up" Oscar explains.

"Look, we had nothing to do with Tomas and Andrew. If you were trying to prove a
point, you did. It's proved. We'll do whatever it takes to be apart of your group" Axel practically pleads and Jane slowly starts to feel bad for them both.

"Our deal is not negotiable. You either live in your cell block or you leave" Rick says giving them only two options. "Okay, wait" Jane butts in taking a step forward. "Maybe we can make the deal... negotiable" Jane says looking to Rick who shakes his head slowly. Rick turns his head to Daryl who shakes his head no.

Rick has Axel and Oscar about to leave out of the exit since they didn't want to live in the prison another minute. Rick took Jane, Glenn, Maggie, Carol, and Daryl over by the knocked over bus and had a chat with them.