𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE
"We are the walking dead"
——

The group has gone a day and a half without food or water, and the entire group is weak and exhausted

The group has gone a day and a half without food or water, and the entire group is weak and exhausted. After driving a little further, the group's car runs out of fuel. They abandon it on the road, and proceed on foot. "Are you all right?" Joslyn asks as she walks up beside Jane who walks tiredly. "Just tired, hungry— nothing new" Jane explains and Joslyn nods her head before she lets out a sigh.

Jane and Joslyn look in front of them and see Maggie walking like she's got nothing to lose. "Everyone's sad, tired.. we're not at our strongest" Josly points out and Jane nods her head. "I'm not surprised. Is your wrist okay? It looks really bruised" Jane says as she grabs ahold of Joslyn's hand and notices a black and bruise expanding under the bandage she is wearing.

"It's fine, not really anywhere we could get a cast. I can fight through the pain" Joslyn assures and Jane smiles over at her. "Whatever you say" Jane jokes as Joslyn nudges her softly as they continue to walk side by side.

They eventually attract a small pack of walkers, who follow them at a distance while they walk on the long road with the sun burning down on them while also starving and dehydrated. "You think we could take them?" Glenn asks referring to the group of walkers following behind. "We can but we shouldn't. Look at us. We have nothing" Jane says and Glenn nods his head before he puts his hand out and Jane places her hands in his making Glenn lift there hands up together and place a soft kiss on the back of her hand making Jane smile from ear to ear.

The group eventually reaches an overpass with a steep ravine on either side. Rick, together with Glenn, Maggie, Jane, Joslyn, Michonne, Sasha and Abraham, attempts to dispatch the group of walkers by luring them toward either side of the road, then pushing them into the ravine. This method requires less effort than using weapons, and helps to conserve what little energy they have. However, Sasha begins stabbing the walkers with her knife, which forces the group to do the same.

"Shit Sasha" Joslyn whispers as she begins to kick walkers into each other just to kill one. "Stay in line and keep it controlled" Rick orders as everyone takes out there blades and starts killing walkers tiring themselves even more. A walker ends up getting to close to Jane and grabs her arm. Jane uses all the strength she has left to pull away but another walker comes up to her so she kicks the other walker and the walker that is close to eating her arm she grabs it by the hair it has left and tosses it over the small hill.

"You okay? Jane!" Glenn asks as he helps Jane stand up straight. "I'm good I'm good" Jane reassures as she kills a few more walkers until Sasha becomes so single-minded that she nearly stabs Michonne, and accidentally cuts Abraham on the upper arm. Rick is nearly bitten by a walker when Daryl returns and saves him. After the walkers are dead, Michonne reprimands Sasha, "I told you to stop" Michonne states as Sasha pants heavily on the ground and looks at Michonne who looks back at her with angry defiance.