𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮

CHAPTER SEVENTY
"The Last Day on Earth"
——
*this chapter is gonna be a long one*

CHAPTER SEVENTY"The Last Day on Earth"——*this chapter is gonna be a long one*

Carl urgently packs guns into his bag. He and Rick are planning to take Maggie and Jane to the Hilltop for medical care. Rick meanwhile loads more bags into the RV. Sasha, Abraham, and Eugene insist on joining as well. "Ah!" Jane cries out and Sasha quickly rushes to her side. "Hey, hey just breathe" Sasha says and Jane nods her head and takes deep breathes before going over to Maggie who is now in the RV lying down.

"Jane, maybe you should lie down too" Sasha advices and Jane shakes her head, fighting through the pain. "I'm gonna help Maggie, I'll be fine. The baby and I will be fine" Jane states as she checks Maggie's bandage that's wrapped around her gunshot wound to help stop the bleeding. "J-Jane. You should rest... I'll be o-okay" Maggie stutters as she begins to turn pale. "Mm" Jane groans as she places a hand on her stomach. "I can help" Jane mumbles. "How about I do it? Just tell me what to do, I'm a good listener" Sasha states and Jane nods her head.

"She's getting pale because she's losing blood and her body is getting cold so just wrap her up in blanket's, jackets, anything" Jane says as Aaron helps her sit down in a seat closer in the front of the RV. The RV departs with Rick, Carl, Jane, Abraham, Sasha, Eugene, Aaron, and a bedridden Maggie on board. Maggie lies in the back of the RV. Rick assures her that the doctor at the Hilltop will be able to help. "As long as it's all of us, we can do anything," he says.

"Jane" Rick calls out as he walks over to Jane who lays her hand on her stomach. "Hey" Jane says as she sends him a smile. "Everything okay?" Rick asks as he rests a hand on Jane's knee. "For the most part, the pain comes in and out" Jane states and Rick shakes his head. "I shouldn't have let you come on that trip with Morgan and I—". "Hey, don't blame yourself. It's no one's fault. I'm fine right now and once we get to Hilltop we'll see what really happened" Jane assures as she rests a hand on Rick's shoulder. "Okay" Rick mumbles as he and Jane look into each other's eyes.

"What the bitch?" Abraham questions, grabbing everyone's attention. "What?" Rick asks as he leaves Jane's side and goes up front with Abraham seeing a group of 8 Saviors standing in the road, who have blockaded the road with their vehicles. "We doing this?" Abraham asks referring to attacking the group but Rick declines. "Jane go to the back with Maggie, now, no arguing. Carl". "I got her" Carl says as he grabs Jane's hand and helps her walk to the back where Maggie is.

"Hey, Maggie. You doing okay?" Jane asks as she takes a seat across from her. "I'll be back" Carl informs as he leaves Maggie and Jane alone in the RV. Jane leans forward a bit and looks through the front window of the RV seeing the group of people. "What's— What's going on out there?" Maggie asks as she shivers a bit. "Saviors.. I think. They've blocked the road" Jane informs as she leans down to Maggie and places a wet cloth on her head to help with the chills.

Before the group gets back in the RV, one of the Saviors asks "What if it's your last day on Earth?" The leader poses the same question to Rick, then says, "Maybe you should be extra nice to those people in that RV, because you never know."