Chapter 17 - Lightning McQueen

The Graham Norton show
Y/N POV

I can see that she's clearly nervous about all this which is understandable, I mean even after years of doing interviews I still get anxious about them.

I know the feeling of anxiety all to well, no one should have to experience it, just then Tom, Harry and Diane joined us as we wait to be called out.

"It's good to see you again old friend" Harry says as he pulls me in for a hug.

Me and Harry had actually met at a party for Calvin Klein awhile back, we spent the whole time talking about our obsession of Elvis Presley and got along instantly.

Our friendship though is unheard of to the world, mainly because I don't want my younger sister Lucie to freak out and beg me to meet them up because she's literally obsessed.

But who knows, after tonight that might change.

"It's good to see you too, congrats on getting that Grammy by the way" I compliment as we pull away from the hug.

"Thank you, and hey congrats on getting another championship" He says smiling genuinely at me, What a nice guy.

"Thank you" I say patting his shoulder before greeting Tom Hanks who smile warmly at me.

"You are amazing you know that" He compliments before pulling me in for a hug.

This man is incredible and he's calling me amazing?

"I take it you enjoyed the last championship?" I say knowing him and his wife were there.

"Uh enjoyed? I loved it, you truly are phenomenal Miss Hamilton" He compliments, and I can feel my cheeks starting to hurt from the constant smiling.

"I can't tell you how unreal that sounds coming from you sir, you truly are an amazing man, thank you" I reply to his lovely comment.

He gives me a warm genuine smile that makes mine grow ever so wider.

I then turn to greet Diane who is chatting with Elizabeth and Harry, once she sees me looking her way she beckons me over.

As soon as I do, she grabs my suit coat and pulls me in for a hug.

"I didn't want to miss out on the hugs" she says swaying me side to side even though I'm taller than her.

We pull away and I smile down at the older woman.

"It's good thing I like hugs then" I say as she squeezes my hands in hers.

Just then the producer tells us it's time for them to start calling us out.

I turn my attention back to the blonde who is still fiddling with her fingers, I place my hand gently on her back grabbing her attention.

"You okay?" I ask calmly.

She smiles up at me and takes a deep breath in before nodding her head.

I give her a sad smile, knowing the feeling she's in.

"I'll be right next to you the whole time if that makes you feel better?" I say trying to comfort her.

She smiles warmly up at me and I can't help but reciprocate.

"It does, thank you" She says sounding a little more calm now.

As we break away from the eye contact, the producer does a quiet countdown to tell us we're going live.