Chapter 76 - She'll get through this

Hospital of Monza
Lizzie POV

There's no words.

The continuous beeping noise of the machines hooked up to her, the tubes and wires all attached to her very still, yet peaceful looking body is the only thing filling the silence.

I don't know what Max said or had done, but he managed to convince the hospital that I can be the one to stay with her.

I'll be forever grateful to him for it because I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't be with her right now.

The doctors told us they are working on getting things ready to transfer her back home to LA where the medical centre there are going to take over.

But for now we're stuck here for the next two days.

And she's still in this fucking coma.

I don't know what to do.

And the one person I want to go to so badly for advice and pure comfort, is the one laying on the hospital bed right in front of me.

Life feels nothing but painful and insignificant without her, and it's going to kill me.

"I can't tell you how badly I want to talk to you right now..." I mutter quietly from my seat beside her.

"...how much I want to hear your voice...for you to tell me that everything is going to be okay...that we'll get through this..." I say with my voice wavering again.

"How you'll just kiss me and all my worries will go away in an instant" I choke out as I feel the tears streaming down my face again.

"But I can't...you're here but you're not really and it fucking hurts...it hurts because I want to hate you...I-I want to hate you for breaking your promise but I....I can't hate you...not when I'm so incredibly in love with you...and I'm scared out of my mind thinking I'm in this world without you right now..." I say through my sobs.

I wait for a moment, as if I could get any reply.

Feeling my heart break all over again when the silence fills the room once more, I let out a choked sob as I reach forward and take her wire free hand and bring it up to my quivering lips.

"P—please come back to me" I croak out and close my eyes from the painful sight in front of me.

~~~

I feel a pair of hands touch my shoulders, springing me a wake.

I look to my side to see Sarah looking apologetically at me as I straighten up in the seat.

I must have fallen asleep last night with my head on the hospital bed.

"You know they gave you a bed Lizzie" She says pointing over to the small pullout bed in the corner.

I stare at it blankly before turning back around to face Y/N again.

I shake my head "It's too faraway from her" I say quietly.

I hear her sigh next to me as my eyes scan over Y/N's face for the fiftieth time in that godamn bed, wanting to see if there was any sign for....well anything at this point.

"Have you eaten anything yet?" She asks softly and I sigh when I realised she's going to keep pestering me so I might as well give in.

"No I haven't...My mind has been...a bit of..." I try to explain but the exhaustion is finally hitting me, my head pounding as my body feels heavier than ever.

"Hey it's ok, Lets get you something to eat okay and then you'll take a rest, I promise Max will watch her" She tells me and I nod along groggily until I get confused at the mention of Max and look over to see him standing at the door.

Clearly I do need sleep.

But I don't want to leave her.

"Lizzie I promise I will watch her like my life depends on it okay, but Sarah's right you need to get some food and rest" Max tells me softly yet sternly at the same time.

It makes me feel a little bit better knowing how much he cares for her, but it still pains me to leave her side.

I nod reluctantly and look back to Y/N and lean forward to place a soft kiss to her head, moving a bit of her hair out the way as I start to feel my lip tremble again.

I let Sarah help me up before she leads us out of the room.

Stoping at the door I look back and watch Max take my seat and her hand in his.

"Come on" Sarah calls out softly as she pulls me away.

~~~

Sarah ends up dragging me down to the cafeteria as I follow her like a lost puppy.

My mind feeling foggy as I feel my whole body start to seize up, probably from the way I fell asleep next to her bed.

We walk up to the counter and the lady must of asked what we'd like, but what surprises me next is hearing Sarah reply in Italian as well.

As the lady move's to get us our food, I turn to Sarah with an impressed expression.

"What? I went to school in Rome for a year" She tells me as we take our trays and move to a table.

I shake my head with a smile "You Hamilton's continue to amaze me" I say genuinely.

I set my tray of food down and look up to see Sarah staring at me with a slight smile.

"What?" I ask confused.

"It's nice, to see you smiling" She says softly and I try not to let it get to me because the reminder of why we're even here comes to mind.

I stare down at the food, the grimacing feeling of not being with her right now is hitting me harder than I thought.

What if she wakes up and I'm not there.

What if something bad happens and I'm down here pretending that everything's fine whilst she's up there in pain-

"She'll wake up you know" Sarah's voice cuts off my thoughts.

I look back up to see her gaze focused on her food as she speaks "she has to...I mean it's Y/N, she wins at everything so she'll win at this...she has to" She says with her voicing straining as she keeps trying to open up the yogurt.

"Cause I don't know what I'll do if she- for fuck sake!" She huffs out as she ends up getting frustrated and throws it down on the tray.

Of course she's hurting.

For fuck sake Lizzie this is her little sister here, how can I keep forgetting I'm not the only one hurting about this.

I reach my hand across the table and take her hand in mine, squeezing it close as she brings her other hand up to her face, covering her eyes as the tears fall out.

"You're right though...she'll get through this...we all will" I say softly not only for her comfort, but for my own...

———————————————————————
Sorry for the long wait, just been super busy.

Also small thing: I'm not copying anyone, so you can all rest easy lol

Anyway tell me what yall think, hope y'all aren't still mad at me but if you are then I understand lol but tell what you think none the less :)

Cee ya beautiful sexy people later ;)