Chapter 33 - My driver

LA Grand Prix
Lizzie POV

I don't know what came over me to do that but I did and there's no going back, I just hope the dinner afterwards won't be awkward.

As I'm holding Roses hand close as we make our way to the seats, I'm snapped out of my thoughts when she breaks away from my hand making me look at her running off.

Before I can call after her, I realised she was running to her parents.

I must of been really lost in thought that I didn't realise we had made it back to them already.

"-and then I got to name all of the parts on Ryders car to show Bottas I am the smartest girl in the world" I hear Rose rambling excitedly to Scarlett as I approach them.

"Wow that does sound like a lot of fun" Scarlett says cooing at her little girl in her lap.

She sees me approach and sends me a warm smile as sit beside her.

Y/N wasn't kidding, these VIP seats are something else, not only are we in a private area where I'm guessing the very few around us is the rich fancy people betting on the race which is fine, but the view is really amazing, it's like we almost have a full view of half the track.

I watch beside me as Rose climbs into Colins lap as they both ramble away together about the race.

This gives Scarlett the opportunity to finally talk to me.

And just as I thought, she turns instantly to face me, her elbow propping her head up on the back of the seat.

"I feel like I haven't really talked to you in forever" She says with an apologetic smile.

"It's fine, you've been busy with Rose birthday and all that" I say reassuring her.

"Mmm, that and Ryder seems to be taking up a lot of your time..." She says with a sly smirk.

I roll my eyes at her before facing away, not wanting her to see the slight blush on my cheeks, from what? I don't know exactly.

She then chuckles to herself before placing a hand on my shoulder making me turn back to face her.

"I'm kidding, but I'm glad to see she's making you smile considering everything that's going on" she says more sincere as she looks at me sympathetically.

I give her a weak smile knowing I can let my true emotions out with her.

Honestly I feel like the worst hasn't happened because I haven't opened up about it to Scarlett yet, I feel that once I do that, I can finally move on for good.

But knowing she has this stupid effect on me where I just have to spill everything to her, I know that this conversation will be painful.

"Am I an idiot for staying with him for so long?" I speak up after a long pause, asking my Bestfriend as my voice cracks from fighting back the tears as every emotion I've been pushing aside comes crashing down on me.

She instantly wraps an arm around my shoulders rubbing my arm soothingly "Of course not, you didn't know he was that much of an asshole, no one did" She says trying to comfort me.

"It's just...I thought he really meant it all...the wedding, the wanting to spend the rest of our lives together...wanting a family together" I say sniffling at my pauses as tears start to fall down my cheeks as I instantly wipe them away.

"And you will get all that...just not with him, you'll get it with someone who truly wants you and who will really love you, someone who shares the same dreams as you do" She says softly.