Chapter 35 - Winner side effect

La Grand Prix
Y/N POV

We both open the doors to reveal a room full of chatting people, some speaking Spanish, others chatting in English.

As soon as we entered the room all eyes fell on us.

I awkwardly stand there until I hear my mother shout over to me "Mi superestrella" She says whilst approaching me, her hands held out in front of her to hold my face in her hands.

And as she does she pulls my face down to kiss my forehead whilst muttering "I'm so proud of you, you did amazing mija."

I smile warmly down at her as I pull away remembering who's standing next to me I smile and face her instead.

"Everyone this is Elizabeth, Elizabeth this is my family" I say motioning my hand out to the group of people.

She nervously smiles and gives a small wave "Hi" She says sounding shy which I can't help but find adorable.

"Hello Elizabeth!" My whole family says at the same time with cheesy smiles making me playfully roll my eyes at them.

Elizabeth however giggles at the action before I see the three women who I plan on avoiding coming our way.

"Mama remember that extra seat you were talking about?" I say quickly to my mother wanting to get out of here quick but firstly to make sure my mother has room for Elizabeth.

"Yes yes mija, Elizabeth is more than welcome to come eat with us" She says smiling over at Elizabeth.

She then holds her hand out for her "I'm Carmela dear, nice to meet you" My mother greets with her accent coming out strong.

"Lizzie" Elizabeth says in return as she smiles warmly at my mother.

"Thank you for having me for dinner" She says gratefully to my mother as their hands break away.

"Of course, you must be important to Y/N if your invited to the family dinner" My mother says to her with a cheeky smile.

"Mama!" I say in annoyance making Elizabeth giggle as my mother rolls her eyes at me whilst waving her hands dismissively.

"Go say hello to everyone else, I have to start heading back to prep the food, I'll see you both later" My mother says getting ready to leave.

"Okay I'll see you later mama" I say as I kiss the side of her head before grabbing Elizabeth's hand a lead her over to my brother.

"Hey" I say smiling at Nick before taking a glance over my shoulder to see my sisters eyeing me weirdly for avoiding them.

I turn back quickly and smile down at Elizabeth "This is my older brother Nick, Nick this is Elizabeth" I say introducing the two.

"Hi, it's a pleasure to meet you Elizabeth" He says holding his hand out which she gladly takes with a warm smile.

"Nice to meet you too" She says kindly.

I turn to face Elizabeth and hold her hands in mine to get her full attention "Are you okay to stay here whilst I go get changed and ready for my interviews?" I ask keeping an eye over her shoulder in case my sister are near.

"Yeah of course, go get ready your all sweaty anyway" She jokes with a playful smirk whilst pushing me a way a little.

I fake an offended gasp as I place my hand over my heart making her giggle "What you don't like the winner side effect" I joke as I try to pull her in for a hug only for her to laugh a push me away.