Chapter 87 - I'm on your side

Hamilton Manor
Y/N POV

Therapy felt a whole lot different this time...I opened up and I finally figured out a way for me to try and work through this without breaking down like last time.

The pain of reliving somethings still flashes through me when discussing how my mental state is.

I'm not sure if that part of me will ever be fixed or change, I believe that this accident has a bigger scar on my life than I realised.

But the only way I know to get through it, is by the people in my life being by my side.

The very people I know I need to involve with a big decision of mine.

The decision if I'm going to race again...

Lizzie POV

As per usual Benedict's wise words kept replaying through my mind all day, I just need to talk to Y/N, tell her how I feel.

I know it's a selfish thing to even bring up, but it's killing me not to tell her, and I know once I do, I'll be able to be by her side for whatever she decides to do.

No matter how much I might not like what she might decide, I have to be there for her.

So as I walk through the front door and instantly get greeted by my favourite boys, I very quickly feel a slight change in my mood at the love I'm receiving.

"Hello hello! I miss you too!" I say as I let Zeus and Hades practically climb all over me.

Their excited energy helps take my mind off what I'm about to deal with, until I hear a shuffle of footsteps get closer to me.

And looking up, I'm met with those very eyes I fell madly in love with.

"You're home early?" Y/N asks as she stands in front of us with her crutches still at either side of her, reminding me everyday of how she's still in recovering from that awful nightmare of a coma.

Yet her smile today made a new fluttery feeling in my stomach grow.

How even the sight of her being happy makes me feel relieved and content myself.

"Set was only for a fight scene today" I explain briefly as I stand up, watching her nod in understanding.

I sigh happily as we finally take the last step each so we are now right in front of one another, my hands instantly reaching up to cup her face.

"I missed you" I breathe out as I stroke my thumb gently over her cheeks, my eyes searching hers.

Her warm smile grows at my words, causing my own to as well.

"Even though it was only for a few hours?" She asks jokingly with a small chuckle that warms my heart.

I instantly nod and let my face fall in a fake seriousness "Those few hours felt like forever to me" I say pouting realising half of what I said is actually very true.

She lets out another low chuckle before leaning her head down to peck my lips softly.

Every damn time it still makes my legs feel weak.

"Well then, I guess I'll just have to make up for the loss of time" She mumbles against my lips causing me to smile against hers.

I press my lips back on hers a little harder before pulling away and looking back at her with a slightly more serious demeanour.

Knowing it's better to get the conversation out now then let it wait on a little longer.

Watching her eyebrows furrow a little when she notices my slight mood change, I drop my hands from her face down to her arms as I slowly rub at them up and down to try and comfort her.

"I really have to talk to you about something" I sigh out hoping I didn't ruin the good mood we just created.

She gives me a weak smile in return with a short nod "I actually have to talk to you too" She breathes out in a slightly nervous way.

Making my already high nerves feel worse than before, I take a deep breath in and nod to gesture for us to sit down in the living room.

Trying to calm my nerves as we take a seat on the couch, Y/N settles her crutches to the side and instantly takes my hands in hers, holding them in the very small space between us where our knees press against each other.

We both seem nervous, and never really seeing her like this before makes me worried at what it could be.

"Is it okay if I go first?" She asks with her full attention on me.

"Yes, of course" I say squeezing her hands a little in mine.

She nods a little and takes a deep breath in as if to prepare herself, "Well, during therapy today...a certain question was brought up and I have been thinking about it for a little bit since I woke up actually, but I think why I keep struggling with it, is because I know I need people to have my back on my decision" She shares timidly, making my heart constrict at her vulnerable state and the fact I know exactly what she's talking about.

"I umm.....I want to get back into racing, and I know a lot of people are gonna say it's a bad idea and-" She starts to ramble nervously and I knew I just had to say this next thing.

"-It's your decision and no one else's..." I say interrupting her and watch as her worried eyes meet mine.

I sigh before I continue, knowing it's going to be hard to admit "...I'll admit, I'm not a big fan of the idea you being back out there on that track, but I know how much racing means to you and how much you've worked to get where you are." I say admitting my worry and fear, whilst excepting her decision.

"...So no matter what everyone else says, I'm on your side...and I promise you I always will be." I say truthfully as I search her now glossy eyes.

She swallows harshly as her teary smile comes out on display, whilst looking down at our still held hands, squeezing mine a little harder.

"Thank you... you have no idea how much that means to me" She chokes out as she looks back up at me.

I smile warmly at her, feeling my own tears threatening to fall as I pull her into me, wrapping my arms around her neck as she pulls me into her lap with ease.

Sitting here for a moment in her warmth is giving me the most comfort I've had in months.

I've missed her so much, even her like this, holding me in her arms, knowing we're both safe here.

I just hope she's just as safe when back on that track...

———————————————————————
Hello my beautiful sexy people, been a little while again.

Hope this was a nice, short but sweet little hello again.

Let me know what yous think, I know a few of you were worried Ryder wouldn't race again but don't worry guys ;) I got it covered.

Anyway hope you all are well.

Cee ya beautiful sexy people later ;)