Chapter 23 - We're Done

Lizzie House
Lizzie POV

Here I am, finally gonna get it out, let my feelings from the past few months out.

He walks us into our living room and sits down on our lux cushioned couch as I sit on the large dark oak coffee table in front of it.

I take a deep breath in trying to gather my mind to say the correct things with out it sounding way off from what I'm actually meaning.

"You've changed..." I start off finally meeting his eyes that quickly change to confused ones.

"What do you mean I've changed?" He asks leaning back into the couch, crossing his arms over his chest.

From over our time together I notice he does that when he wants to be guarded, like he goes into full defensive mode and won't let who ever he argues with come out winning.

So I make sure to say my next words carefully, I don't like arguing, with anyone one for that matter so I want this to be a civilised discussion.

"Robbie through the past few months your telling me you haven't noticed anything off? That nothing has changed between us?" I state trying to get him to speak up, to share from his side, but I'm only given an annoyed look my way.

"You just said I've changed?! Now your saying we've changed? Which is it Lizzie because your not being clear here?!" He says starting to sound irritated.

I bring my hands up instantly shaking them as if to shake off the accusation "No no that's- you aren't listening..." I sigh out at the end bringing my hands up to my face rubbing at my temple harshly, already hating how this has taken a turn.

"You know what, yes" I say slapping my hands down on to my knees giving him a pointed look.

"Yes you, you have changed, I have been trying my hardest to keep an effort for this relationship but you seem to be pushing it away, pushing me away! And I don't know why?! What did I do!? Why are you leaving all the time and never telling me?!? Why are you being so brief with me? Acting as if I'm your roommate and not your fiancé?! What did I do? Tell me?! Tell me why your being like this?!" I spit out raising my voice letting him know how much hurt all this has been causing me.

He goes to open his mouth but I quickly point a finger at him "and don't say you have no idea what I'm talking about, you know exactly what's going on!" I tell him sternly.

He slumps further into the couch as I sit there raising an eyebrow at him waiting for him to speak.

"I don't know..." He mutters quietly under his breath but I still heard it clear.

"Bullshit, your just unable to come up with a good enough excuse to not tell me the real reason" I spit back.

I hate this, I hate shouting I hate fighting but clearly this is the only way to actually talk to him.

"I just want to know what I did..." I sigh out my voice cracking at the end becoming tired of this whole thing.

"You didn't do anything" He quickly says pushing himself forward taking my hands in his caressing them gently.

"Then what's going on? Why are you acting like this?" I plead with him, looking deep into his eyes noticing they look very hesitant about something.