Chapter 22 - My gift

Lizzie House
Lizzie POV

Y/N is now driving me back home after having what definitely seems to be one of the best, most fun days I've had in along time.

I don't know what it is about her but everything just seems so easy, like I don't need to be cautious of what I say or what I do, because I know she'd never judge me.

Another amazing thing about her is she makes me laugh, like really laugh, the kind you do when you were a teenager at a sleepover, laughing at the most ridiculous thing for hours on end.

She's also so sweet and actually takes her time to listen to what I have to say, and the eye contact from her...wow, it was a little intimidating at first but I seem to get easily lost in it.

Even with what felt like a short time together, we got to know so much of each other, I know that her family is the most important thing to her in the world and how she'd give up everything she's worked so hard for just to have and be with them.

I also found out she has two Doberman's, Zeus and Hades who are honestly the most adorable dogs I've ever seen when she showed me a photo of them, she also promised I'd get to meet them soon, which I'm looking forward to.

I also know that her relationship is some what complicated, when I had asked about how Alycia was I could see it was a touchy subject to say the least, so I made sure to not bring that up again unless she does.

From what I remember at the party, her fiancé is going to be leaving her again, which I can tell has taken a right toll on her.

So I try to keep her spirits up, which seemed to work since she's had this ridiculous smile on her face the whole time.

"Alright, that'll be twelve dollars and twenty four cents" She jokes as we pull up outside of my house.

I laugh and shake my head at her, I also notice how Robbie's band mates cars are gone which means he's gone with them, or I'm gonna have to have the talk that I've been dreading so much.

"Hey, you okay?" She asks me softly snapping me out of my daze.

"Hmm? Oh yeah I'm okay" I say turning my head to meet her worrisome look.

She gives me a pointed look, clearly not believing me "come on, I just spent the entire day with you, I know when your happy, and you don't look it right now" She tells me.

I give her a weak smile agreeing "But you also don't need to tell me ok, just know that I'm here if you want to" She tells me sweetly.

I then look in her eyes deeply for a moment and I can really see the sincerity behind them, maybe if I just rant about it I can get a better understanding of what I want to actually say to him.

"I don't want to load it all on you, I mean I just got to know you today" I say giving her a reason to say no.

She simply shakes her head and turns her body more towards me a little, giving me her full attention "That's fair and trust me, I grew up with three sisters I'm known for being a good listener, and I promise I can handle it, whatever it is you can tell me, I won't judge...I could never" She says honestly.

God how is it she makes me want to spill my whole life story to her, I take a deep breath in and take my seat belt off finally, and turn to face her more comfortably.

She does the same, turns off the car and takes her seat belt off facing me more fully with her arm rested against my seat behind my head.

I take a big deep breath in "I won't go into to much detail but I think my relationship is failing" I practically blurt out.