Chapter 1- Dazzles from the Past

"Honey! You are going to be late for your class!" my mom called me from downstairs.

"Coming mom! Just a sec!" I yelled back at my mom.

I was getting ready for my class when I got a text message from Rachel, one of my university mates. She is an exchange student from New York and she was sharing two classes with me in South Korea. We have been friends ever since I entered the university and started to have the same classes. Rachel is also the housemate that the university provided us with.

"Breakfast is ready, honey!" my mom said as I came down the stairs.

I nodded and smiled at her as I walked towards the dining room where my dad was reading his newspaper.

"So how was your exam yesterday? Sorry, I couldn't ask you because of my work," my dad said as he sipped his hot coffee as he looked at me.

"It was fine, dad. I managed to answer all," I replied to him in short.

"It is okay honey. I know that you tried your best," my dad said to me.

I smiled at him and took my toast. I drank my coffee quickly and grabbed a banana in another hand as I headed out from my house door.

"At least finish that coffee, darling? You can't go empty stomach to class?" my mom looked at me in concern.

"I have toast and a banana, mom," I replied to her.

I closed the door behind me before my mom could reply to me. As I took my bag from the porch, Rachel honked in front of my house just in time. I waved at her and ran to get in the car. The car smelled like honeydew as I entered.

"What time is our first class?" Rachel asked me as I got in the car.

"8.30 am and we are late," I replied to her.

"Well, I have asked one of our classmates to put us in the attendance for us for the first half lecture," Rachel said as she drove.

"Oh, that is nice! Thank you!" I spoke.

"By the way, did you check your progress on your best friend search ad on Twirk?," Rachel asked me as I took out my phone.

"There is no progress there. I am losing hope of finding him", I replied to her.

"Doesn't he have an account on Twirk so that we could at least check his account?" Rachel asked me curiously.

"Apparently he doesn't have. He used to have a lot of followers once, I was one of them but he deleted his account and zoned out completely," I said as I scrolled through my Twirk account to see if there is any progress on this search.

We reached our destination and Rachel parked her car in her spot. I got out of the car and slanged my backpack behind me as I walked towards the entrance of the university. Rachel was catching up with me behind me with her coffee in her hand. The morning was chilly and I could barely breathe properly as the icy cold wind cut through my nose.

We entered the lecture hall and managed to sit at the back of the class without making any noise. I took out my notebook and started pretending to listen to the lecture in front of me. Rachel started to flirt with the guy who was sitting beside her, which was her usual habit each and every day. I am her geek friend and she is my hot friend. We go along well as we understand each other and try to go along with it.

As time went by, I realized Rachel was already dozing off on the table and I was also feeling a little drowsy. The lecture is always boring but I wondered why that day I was feeling a lot sleepier than in previous lecture classes. Luckily that day, I had only one class and I got to go back home for lunch. So, I had more time to do more research on my best friend, Min Yoongi on the net as I was determined to find him no matter what it cost me.

Min Yoongi totally zoned out when he deleted his account in his high school years. Since we did not go to the same high school, I did not have his number or his address so that I could visit him. We were practically primary school friends and then got separated because of my dad's work. I had to shift two towns away from him and we did promise to meet up whenever we got a chance but we never did. I heard that Yoongi's family and he shifted but I did not get the new address or his phone number.

Min Yoongi's parents were nice people and I love them like mine. Min Yoongi's mother is good at baking and she makes excellent cheesecake and toasted tuna sandwiches. She cuts the edges just like how I love it but Min Yoongi doesn't mind eating the edges so he would end up eating mine too. His dad was my tuition teacher and made me pass my subjects with his teaching skills.

I remember crying to Yoongi saying I would remember him always and would visit him after my family and I moved. I tried to come back to my hometown once after I graduated from high school and hoped to find Min Yoongi and his family in that same address but it was all in vain. Their neighbors told me that his family and he moved away after he finished primary school.

There are no days that I would just sit and think about all those beautiful memories we had together. We even had a fake wedding ceremony because I wanted it so badly. He did not mind being my groom and even faked a ring on my finger. We were so happy and innocent at that time and I miss every moment with him since then. One day, as I was sitting and thinking about those memories, I was so intrigued to find out where he was and learned that he had deleted his account from Twerk. I started my research on Min Yoongi and never backed down from it even if it led to nothing.