Chapter 28-The Necklace

Yoongi was admitted to the hospital and I told Rachel to go back home as nothing serious was going on. Rachel insisted on staying, but I advised her to get back home and to keep up with the revision as our exams were just around the corner. After Rachel was sent back home by Yoongi's guys, I waited to see Yoongi in the hospital. The doctor came out and told me that he needed blood as too much blood has been lost on the way here.

They contacted the blood bank and thankfully, the nurses there told us that Yoongi's blood type was available at that moment. Since we have to wait for the doctor to finish his transfusion, I requested one of the guys to take me back to the guest house so that I could pack my things and some of Yoongi's clothes. He agreed to take me back. I entered the car with one of the guys and headed straight to the guest house. Suddenly, I remembered that I had totally forgotten about the necklace that was under the pile of rocks in the penthouse. So, I told Yoongi's bodyguard to take me to that penthouse again. He hesitated a while but agreed to take me there.

"Wait for me here," I said as I got down from the car.

"Yes ma'am," he replied to me.

I walked towards the building and headed up the stairs carefully to the penthouse. The ruins of the floors made it look unstable and dangerous for one to walk on it, but I was determined to retrieve the necklace from the penthouse. I walked through some dead bodies on the floor and searched for the necklace. I squatted down on one spot where Yoongi was bleeding out badly, and I remembered that the file and the necklace were on the floor beside him. I knew I took the file and the necklace both as I helped Yoongi out, so it must have fallen down somewhere as we headed out.

I trailed back my steps carefully and search for the necklace, but it was all in vain. I couldn't find the necklace anywhere in that room, not even in the drawers which I knew I wouldn't find it. I froze in shock because I knew it was impossible that the necklace has vanished in thin air just like that. Moreover, no one took the necklace, even Yoongi had nothing in his hand when he came out with us. So who must have taken the necklace?

Yoongi's brother, the girlfriend, and Jason are all dead, so who took the necklace? I couldn't think much at that time as I felt the more I was there, the more dangerous the situation would get. I quickly got out of the penthouse and walked to the car. I opened the car door only to witness Yoongi's bodyguard shot dead on his head. I gasped a little and took a step back. My heart was beating so fast as I looked around if there were anyone suspicious. Then, I heard a hoarse voice behind me.

"Looking for something?" he said.

I turned around and saw a man dressed in all black dangling the necklace in front of me. I tried to snatch it from him, but he was fast enough to take it back and pointed a gun with a silencer attached to it.

"If I shoot you, no one would hear. Just like how I did to him. Poor thing did not give in without a fight," he threatened me.

"Who are you, and what do you want? If you are a thief, I will give you money, but I need that necklace", I said as I looked at the necklace in his hand.

"A thief? Are you calling me a thief, sweetheart? How rude is that? I don't have to tell you who I am to you. Follow my orders and Yoongi and yourself would survive," he threatened me again.

"What does Yoongi have to do in all this?" I asked him curiously.

"Everything. Now get in the car quietly and drive to his guest house," he pushed his gun on my back making me walk.

I was so confused because I thought everything was over, but who is he now and what does he want? Don't tell me he is Yoongi's next competitor in the mafia world? I drove the car in silence and nervousness. I thought if I asked him more questions, he would shoot me right in the head and target Yoongi next. As we reached the house, he got down from the car and signaled me to get down too. The door was wide open, so we walked into the house, and he locked the doors behind him.

"Sit down quietly," he said as he pushed me down on one of the chairs.

He duct-taped my mouth and tied my hands and legs as I sat there in silence thinking what should I do to alert Yoongi's bodyguards who were in the hospital. He was in front of me all the time with his laptop typing something on it for at least an hour, so I couldn't do anything much. I could only try to loosen his knots over my hands and legs a little without making many movements. His tying skills were so bad that I could loosen the knots just by twisting my hands and legs around. I looked around the house for some communication devices and my eyes caught up with the house alarm system. The system was along the entrance and I knew I could reach it as it wasn't far from where I was sitting.

As soon as he finished tying me up to the chair, he walked over to the staircase leading upstairs to Yoongi room. I waited for him to enter the room and that is when I started to rock myself sideways so that I would fall on my side and would be easier to break the chair as it was just a plastic chair. So I rocked sideways so hard that the side of the chair broke and gave way, but it created a loud noise. I knew I did not have much time as he would be out to check what was the noise about. I managed to get up from the floor and on my feet even though one of the plastic materials from the chair stuck out poking my skin on my stomach causing my blood to ooze out. I was determined to endure the excruciating pain caused by it and limped towards the alarm system.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" he yelled at me as he got down the stairs.

I pressed the trigger button alarming the cops and I smirked at him. The alarm was so loud that I barely could hear my won voice.

"The cops would be here within 15 minutes. If you want to live, run!" I warned him.

"You think you are smart, right?! I won't leave you like this. You are coming with me, or you die!" he said as he pointed the gun towards me.

Just then, with all that noise from the alarm, the house door slammed open, and I saw a dozen of Yoongi's bodyguards outside the door waiting to shoot on order. I noticed one of them was speaking into his headset mic to someone and as soon as he said "sir" I knew it was Yoongi. The doctor told me that Yoongi would only wake up after three hours, so I was in the house with him for three hours? Then I realized that the journey to the house from the penthouse took at least 1 and half hours, so the balance was 1 and a half hours I was with him in the house.

"Ma'am, sir told me to tell you that he is fine and wants you at the hospital now," the bodyguard said to me.