Chapter 33-The Letterbox

I looked out of the window for Yoongi as it has been three days that he was missing. I told Rachel and her boyfriend about Yoongi after a day of his missing. Rachel's boyfriend suggested me make a police report, but I was reluctant to make one as knowing Yoongi, he must be on a hide-out because he either must have killed someone or escaped after killing someone. When he shot the man in his office balcony the day I met him for the first time to negotiate the deal and my parents' debt, I knew Yoongi had changed from his childhood self.

"Don't worry about Yoongi. He is a grown man. He can take care of himself. Just be happy that you are free from being controlled now," Rachel convinced me.

"You just don't get it, do you?" I was not happy with her telling me to move on.

"Are you in love with him or something?" she asked me curiously.

"What if she is in love with him? Will that make any difference?" Rachel's boyfriend asked her as he scooped his food.

"It does, to be honest. They are definitely not in love because the last time I checked, they hated each other. Plus, they are just together because of the deal he made her," Rachel tried to reason out.

"Whether I am in love with Yoongi or not, it is not a big deal now. He is missing, that is a huge deal for me now," I said as I sighed hard.

"Why is it a huge deal for you?" Rachel asked me curiously again.

"I don't know head or tail of where he is now. He left me a deal telling me that my parents would be safe if we got married. Now, he is missing for three days. What if he comes back suddenly and goes rogue?" I pretended not to care about Yoongi's disappearance emotionally.

"She has a valid point here, Rach. I mean think about it. What would you do if you are in her shoes?" Rachel's boyfriend tried to make sense to Rachel.

"Promise me, Rach, that you will never tell my parents about this?" I asked Rachel.

"You didn't tell them about Yoongi yet? You didn't tell them that he was the one who threatened to kill them?" Rachel asked in shock.

"I didn't want them to panic and worry about me. I didn't want them to blame themselves for what I have done to set things right," I said.

"Okay, I will promise you that I won't tell them but if anything serious happens to you because of him, I will tell them the truth," Rachel warned me.

I sighed hard knowing Rachel meant for the good for me and I know that I had to tell my parents if it goes beyond my control. I looked back at my phone and called Yoongi again over the phone, but it straight went to his voicemail. Rachel's boyfriend looked at me, and he knew I was worried about Yoongi. He doesn't know if I have feelings for him or just worried he might go rogue later, but he wanted to make sure I calm myself down and enjoy this little freedom Yoongi left me.

"I can understand what you are going through now. You are just confused about your life choice when it comes to him but trust me when I say this, you will be fine," he said as he smiled hugely at me.

I smiled at him and nodded my head as Rachel headed to the fridge to grab a drink for herself. She opened the fridge and noticed that I haven't stocked up the fridge yet. She turned back at me with a smirk.

"Sorry Rach, I haven't gotten the time to refill the fridge. I will do it later," I said as I sheepishly smiled at her.

"I will get some on the way to the pharmacy now," Rachel's boyfriend said.

"Pharmacy?" I asked him curiously.

"I need to get some bandages for my mom later," Rachel's boyfriend said with an uncertain look on his face.

Rachel laughed sheepishly and grabbed her boyfriend aside quickly. I noticed that Rachel was acting all weird around me the whole day, but I decided not to be bothered by her. I was more worried about Yoongi and his whereabouts. I thought if it is important to tell me what it was that Rachel and her boyfriend were hiding from me, then she would tell me herself so till then, I wouldn't want to get involved in their problem.

I was chilling in my room with music playing in the background when I remembered the dream that I had when Yoongi broke the sliding door window. I looked out of the room window and recollected the nightmare again. The nightmare took place just outside my house and street. I remembered hiding behind the bushes on my neighbor's lawn from someone. I placed my chin on the window sills and looked at the sky.

Like pale grain entering the newly turned ground, stars covered the sky. It was the promise of life in the midst of the darkness, a feeling of warmth rising from the cold. It was a vastness that brought humility, as well as an endless space that brought gratitude for the comforts of home. My eyes grew heavier and heavier as I looked at the beautiful sky and without me realizing it, I dozed off on the window sills.

I knew immediately that I was dreaming again when the same nightmare continued from where it stopped the last time.

I was hiding from something which looked like a silhouette and hid behind the bushes. I took a closer look, and it was none other than Yoongi who was standing there with a sword in his hand. Yoongi was wearing a royal palace gown, and he looked livid with his sword in his hand. "But why is he chasing me?" I thought to myself in my dream.

Yoongi yelled out for me and searched for me everywhere but behind the bushes. My heartbeat was rising fast when I saw him with his bloody sword in his hand. He didn't know where I was hiding, so he was frantically searching for me outside my house. Then he suddenly stopped and kneeled as if giving up finding for me.

"I need to tell you something. Please show yourself," Yoongi said sadly.

I wanted to get out of my hiding place, but I couldn't trust him and seeing his bloody sword, I thought it would be better if I stayed in my hiding place for now. He sobbed as he hung his head down. He placed his sword on the ground and took out a letter from his pocket. He got up immediately and walked towards the letterbox in front of my house.

"I am leaving this here, my love," he said as he left the letter in the letterbox.

I couldn't let myself be seen yet because I felt something was amiss with Yoongi at that time, but my heart sank to see him walk away dragging his bloody sword across the street. Without any warning, he vanished into thin air, and I was shocked at what I have just witnessed.

I woke up with a gasp when the dream ended. I was on my bed sweating and panting. I sat up as I wiped my sweat. I noticed that my room window was still open, so I kneeled on my bed to close the window. I pulled the curtains together and grabbed my water bottle on the bedside table.

As I drank the water from the bottle, I peeked out from the window a little looking at the letterbox. Surprising enough, the letterbox was open, and the letterbox cover was hanging down right. I placed my water bottle down and opened my room door slowly. I looked at Rachel's room, and it was closed, so I thought it would be better if I make it outside without any noise.

I unlocked the main door and headed out quietly as I closed the door behind me softly. I walked on the grass and felt moist under my feet. I fastened my pace towards the letterbox. I placed my hand in it and checked if there were any letters in it.

"What was I think-" I froze at my own words when I grabbed something from the letterbox.