Chapter 47- You Know What I Want!

The portal opens soon that night for that week and I knew I had to get back to my world without Suga. AgustD was preparing Suga for the battle that was going to happen that week and she knows by then she had to get that red diamond from Rachel. She did not want AgustD or Suga to know what was her plan because she was afraid neither of them would approve of her going back to the castle for Rachel. 

Rachel, also known as Ryu Mi Soo, the queen of the bordering nation, was staying in the castle where AgustD and Suga were in. So, this made my plan a lot easier to be executed without anyone's help. I had to carefully make sure AgustD left the cabin in the woods and convinced him that I would wait for him and Suga in the woods. 

As soon as AgustD hit the road, I quickly stepped out of the cabin and jolted for the road too. I had to be aware of the royal guards on the way to the castle, so, I had to take the back way to the castle again like the first time. I reached the back kitchen of the castle and slowly opened the door, peeking through the door quietly and carefully. I sighed relieved when I saw no one in the kitchen, so, I tiptoed my way into one of the chambers beside the kitchen. 

I stopped looking at the maid's clothes on the bed for that morning, neatly pressed and the color suited me too. So, I closed the door quietly and quickly changed into the maid's clothes. I wanted to blend in with the castle staff and the chambermaids. Surprisingly, the maid's clothes fit me well and I was excited to get into Rachel's chamber. I had to come up with an additional plan to get into her chamber as a maid, so, I pushed the food trolley that was laying around the corner and pretended my way to Rachel's chamber. 

"Why are you always late?! Do you want to get fired?!" Rachel yelled at me as I entered her chamber. 

I took a deep breath, gathered all my courage, and took off the veil that was covering my face. Rachel was shocked and she stood up from her bed wanting to scream for the royal guards. I quickly closed the chamber door and locked it immediately. 

I turned around at her and smirked. "If you scream now, you will regret it later."

"What do mean?" she whimpered.

"You know what I want, Rachel! Give me that red diamond and I will leave quietly," I threatened her.

"What if I don't want to give you my red diamond?" she questioned me bravely.

"You think I don't know what you are hiding inside the portal for the queen, Rachel? I can easily surrender myself to the queen and tell her that I know everything. Just imagine what will happen to you, Rachel," I snarled at her.

"The queen wouldn't believe someone like you!" Rachel responded, backing up from me.

"The girl who knew about the portal and wanted to escape through the portal is going to be executed tomorrow morning. Just imagine if the whole of Korea knows about what you know? Not only do you put yourself in danger but also the queen," I explained with a smirk on my face.

"So, you think you are smart, don't you?" she tried to be brave and sarcastic. 

"I think I should ask you that question, Rachel. How could you do this to me? I thought you were my friend and I trusted you back then. Why did you lie to me about everything?" I questioned Rachel curiously. 

"Jeez, do you think that sentiment would get to me? I used you to get what I want and I got it, so, I didn't need you anymore," Rachel said without any regrets or remorse on her face.

"The red diamond was with Suga when we went to his vacation house with his brother and his tramp girlfriend. When did you take the red diamond from the house, Rachel?" I squinted my eyes in curiosity and surprise. 

"When Suga's brother hot himself with the vase in his room and was taken to the hospital. I gave the girlfriend that idea and it worked well. You guys were so worried about who to blame and protect, so, I took the very first chance to swoop in and take the necklace from Suga's brother," Rachel dropped her robe and aimed daggers at me.

"Don't say you took the red diamond, say that you stole it from Suga. Now, give me back what doesn't belong to you, Rachel! You are going to put everyone's life in danger if you don't!" I tried to convince her.

"I need to get ready, sweetheart. Off you go now, will you?" Rachel smirked sarcastically at me.

I couldn't contain my patience with Rachel anymore, so, I rushed toward her and grabbed her arms tightly. I turned her around and pulled the red diamond necklace from her neck. She gasped for air in shock and pushed me, trying to get back the necklace from my hand. 

"How dare you?! Give me back or I will scream for the guards!" Rachel threatened me.

"If you are daring enough, scream for the royal guards. I will know what to tell them to make you pay for your actions, Rachel," I calmly said as I smirked. 

I can sense the tension and hear the ferocity in her tone. She was speaking with a lot of emotion behind her words. Then I try something new, I conduct a pre-mortem. Instead of waiting for a disaster to occur and then stressing about the relationship post-mortem in the coming days, weeks, or even years, I calm myself and consider where my usual responses take us at these times. 

All I can do is try to make a new, hopefully better decision and wait to see what happens. Instead of being defensive, I say that I can accept and understand how he came to feel this way, and that if I were in the same situation, I would feel the same way. She requires emotional validation, not rationalization. She requires confirmation of his emotions, not a solution or an apology. And things do change, not in a magical fairytale-like way, but there is some healing and more damage is avoided. I'm going to grapple with this post-mortem concept; apparently, I can steer our lives in a more positive direction. 

"Rachel, I can understand how you feel but this isn't the way and you know it. If you come back with me to our world again, we can start fresh, Rach. If you want to get away and unwind your mind, we could do that too," I tried to convince her as her friend.

"You don't understand, do you? I am not from your world and I belong here. Always," Rachel shed her tears as she spoke.

"You need help, Rach. I can help you. Just come back with me, will you?" I begged her.

"I cannot leave thing as it is like before. I left this place and came into your world thinking I would start fresh, which I did but it wasn't enough for me. My past was haunting me and I can't live with it. I have to get things straight and get what is mine," Rachel snarled back at me.

"I will also get what belongs to me, Rach. If you want a fair fight, I will give you one," I gave up convincing her to come back.

"What about Suga? He is fighting the battle alone and you think he can win against my soldiers?" Rachel smirked evilly again.

"They are your soldiers?! Rach! I thought you came here to ask Suga to marry you?" I was shocked.

"After marriage, I will conquer the whole of Korea and Suga would be my puppet," Rachel roared with laughter.

"We will see about that too, Rach," I sighed hard before I turned around to leave her chamber. 

I took the veil and covered my face with it. I carefully opened the chamber door as Rachel walked into her bathroom to take a bath. I knew the moment Rachel hesitated to scream, she wanted to have that fair fight with me and wanted to see who wins the battle. I pushed the food trolley out of her chamber and entered the kitchen. I knew I had to get back to the cabin in the woods immediately before any royal guards or the chambermaids saw me. 

I was surprised that Rachel didn't put up a fight with me for taking the necklace from her neck. I realized that I had to be prepared to face any challenges from Rachel as she could be sneaky to get back her necklace from me. I managed to escape the castle's back door and I started to hit the road when someone called out loudly.