Chapter 48- I Will Leave With or Without You

AgustD pulled me to the side of the castle and pinned me to the wall as he looked around to see if anyone notice me.

"How did you find me here?" I asked him curiously.

"You always smell like cinnamon and rose. I told you to stay in the cabin till I come. What is the rush? What if you got caught?" he was worried as his cold back eyes turned warm and comforting.

"Relax! Look what I got from Rachel," I took out the red diamond necklace from my pocket. 

His eyes widened and he quickly shoved it down in my pocket again. He pulled further inside the alley of the castle and turned me around away from the crowd there. He took out the necklace from my pocket and looked at it carefully. 

"This is fake! This is not real!" he uttered in a low voice to me.

"What? No way it is fake! It was on Rachel just a while ago. I took it from her, so how could it be-, AgustD stopped me abruptly and looked into my eyes, "Look at the scratches on this diamond. It is not a real diamond. Rachel is having the real one with her and gave you the fake one."

"She knew I was coming for her? How?" I was confused as I started biting my nails in shock.

AgustD slapped my hand away from my mouth preventing me from biting my nails and said, "She has spies everywhere. We must leave now. She would have known where are you now and would be coming for you anytime." 

"Is Suga alright? I left him hanging for words that day and I feel guilty for doing that. Is he doing alright?" I asked AgustD before leaving for the forest. 

"He is alright. He misses you badly but denies it every time I ask him. I promise you to bring Suga back in one piece after the battle," AgustD convinced me.

I smiled sheepishly at him and shoved the necklace back into my pocket again. If this necklace was fake, the real one must be back in my world where she hid it from the queen. If Rachel came to this world without the real necklace, Rachel only want one thing-to marry Suga and conquer Korea. So, why was Rachel hiding the red diamond necklace from the queen if the necklace isn't important to her? 

"You-Suga would be fighting the battle against Rachel's royal soldiers. She wants to win this battle, marry Suga and take over Korea," I blurted out suddenly.

"I know and that is why I need to stop the injustice with Suga's help. I need to get back my throne and then leav-," AgustD halted his words again. 

"And then what? Where would you go? What if you come back with us?" I almost forgot that he was just a soul. 

"Very tempting but I can't, my love. I have a time limit and before my time is up, I have to get what I was promised," AgustD looked into my eyes with a yearning.

I took a deep breath and smiled at him. I knew that he has to leave this world when his time was up and I hoped that he would get what he deserved and promised. 

"I get it and I hope you get what you are looking for. Since I am here now, can I meet Suga?" I asked AgustD.

He looked at me curiously and lowered his head. He looked around and pulled me back towards the kitchen back door. 

"Wear the veil. Follow my lead quietly," he whispered into my ears.

I quickly put on the veil and followed his lead into the castle back. He halted his way and looked at me. 

"Cross the first bridge that you see and follow the path to the second, but don't cross it. Instead, go straight ahead down the ledge to the moat, where there's a little island with some guards on it. Sneak past them by waiting for the guard to move, and follow the water to that little island. Go all the way to the big bridge up ahead," AgustD changed his plan suddenly.

"Aren't we going to Suga's chamber to see him?" I asked him curiously.

"No, there are too many guards to sneak past. It is too dangerous," AgustD adjusted my veil. 

"Will Suga come there or I will have to leave him a message for him there?" I sighed at him, making sure he knew I was reluctant about his plan.

"Trust me, he will be there," he smiled at me handsomely. 

I nodded my head and followed his instructions carefully trying not to make eye contact with anyone on the way. Then I saw the bridge that he told me about and made my way to cross it. I followed the second path from the start of the bridge but avoided crossing it. I headed straight down the bridge and came across some royal guards. 

I hid behind a huge tree and managed to sneak past them quietly as they exchanged their shifts with another batch of guards there. As AgustD instructed me, I followed the water which lead me to a beautiful island. I walked up the bridge again slowly and I saw Suga waiting for me with his charming gummy smile on his perfectly handsome face. I quickly rushed over to him and hugged him. 

"I am sorry I left you that day. I know I shouldn't but I thought that would keep you alive," I blurted out as I hugged him tightly.

"I wanted to tell you that I remembered my past but I did not know you would remember yours too," Suga admitted that he wanted to come clean.

"So, did AgustD kiss you too to make you remember your past?" I teased him a little.

"What? Eww, no! He touched my forehead and later that day, I had a massive headache but it was all worth it," he smiled at me.

"I heard that you want to fight the battle with him? These are Rachel's royal soldiers that you both with be up against," I told Suga the truth.

"Rachel? I knew I couldn't trust her! She was snake back then and even now!" Suga roared in anger.

"You knew her back then? Why didn't you say so?" I questioned Suga in shock.

"Why did you kiss AgustD?" he snapped back at me.

"He wanted me to remember my past, so, he kissed me. What is that got to do with the question I asked you?" I replied him curiously.

"He could have touched your forehead. He didn't have to kiss you for that!" he snarled at me. 

"Ah, don't be jealous, Suga. He needed that kiss anyway. He deserved it for all the help he has down for us," I purposely mocked him.

"So, you help a stranger and as a payment, you kiss them? Ridiculous!" Suga was furiously angry. 

"Baby, I was just joking. He told me that he was your past and I am your future, so-," Suga gave his death stare and said, "So, you kissed him just because he is my past?"

I blinked at him, astonished. "Well, yes," I said. "I know that you are angry with me for kissing him but just listen to me for a second, Suga."

"No, it is okay that you kissed him. I don't care anymore because here I am worried sick about you, and you are kissing strangers that help you," Suga hollered at me.

Smack! I glared at him, "Don't you dare! It was a grave mistake coming here to see you, Suga. All the best in that battle."

I didn't hear Suga calling out for my name when I walked off from him angrily. I thought he was done with me, so, I gathered my courage not to turn back to look at him. My tears were running down my chubby cheeks and my heart felt heavy. I was rather relieved that I would be leaving Suga behind in this world and getting back to my world alone after this. I did not want AgustD to appear in front of me either because I wasn't in the mood to explain what transpired between us.