Chapter 14- You are My Heartbeat

I was outside Yoongi's house in his huge garden as I watched people enjoying loud music and Yoongi's men were, as usual, guarding the gates for Yoongi. Suddenly, someone tapped my shoulders and handed me a drink.

"Oh, I don't drink. I am sorry," I said as I wanted to walk away.

"I am sorry then. You are Yoongi's future wife, right?" he asked me.

I looked at him in surprise and looked out for Yoongi, but I couldn't find him anywhere.

"Yes, I am and who are you?" I asked him trying not to sound impolite.

"Yoongi would know this. He is here. Ask him yourself," he pointed at Yoongi who was walking towards us.

"What a surprise, Hyung. I thought you were not coming," Yoongi said as he stood beside me.

"Hyung?" I was surprised to hear Yoongi.

"Nice to see you too. I see you got yourself in a little trouble," Yoongi's hyung looked at me.

"Meet my half brother, Min Wan Yu and this is pretzy," Yoongi introduced us to each other.

"Pretzy?" Wan Yu asked Yoongi in surprise.

"I told you not to call me that," I said as I stared at him.

The tension between Yoongi and me was very clear to Yoongi's brother. He smirked at us as if he knew his younger brother couldn't handle a sincere relationship. I knew one thing when I saw Min Wan Yu is that I couldn't trust him to be around Yoongi. He has the sinister look on his face when he looked at me.

"I want to go back. Send me back now," I told Yoongi as Wan Yu walked away from us.

"Wait till the birthday cake arrives," Yoongi said as he looked at his half-brother.

I sighed in discomfort and walked inside the house to avoid the crowd outside. I sat on the couch in the hall and looked at my phone. My phone battery was dying, so I got up again to find something I could charge my phone with. I walked up the stairs and entered the room I was with Yoongi just a moment ago. I saw I could use his charger to charge my phone and I could lay down on the bed a while waiting for it to charge my phone.

After a while in the room, I heard someone in the bathroom which was attached to the room and that person wasn't alone. She was with someone else in the bathroom. I thought I did not want to hear anything I shouldn't hear from the bathroom, so I got up from the bed to leave, but I heard them having a secret conversation which I shouldn't have heard.

"Your brother has the house in Daegu and you think he will give that up easily? We need a plan here," the woman in the bathroom said.

"I am not going to let him have everything just like that. I am planning to bring him to grandfather's house in Daegu and negotiate with him," Yoongi's brother replied her.

"What if he doesn't come in terms with you?" she asked him back curiously.

"I will finish him there," he said casually to her.

I clutched my mouth trying to avoid making any sort of sound in the room. I heard them getting ready to come out from the bathroom and use the room that I was in, so I quickly hid in one of the cupboards. I was inside the cupboard when I saw both of them, the woman and Yoongi's brother came out of the room as they kissed each other passionately. I peeked out and saw my phone was still on charge and I prayed that it wouldn't ring anytime as I called Rachel just a while ago in the room. I heard a knock on the room door, and they were startled by it.

The woman quickly adjusted her dress and walked to the bathroom quickly as Yoongi's brother opened the door. It was another unknown guy from the party who greeted Yoongi's brother as "boss" and my curiosity increased more. I needed some confirmation about Yoongi's half-brother and the woman from Yoongi himself but first, I have to get out from the closet safely. As the man outside walked away, Yoongi's half-brother also walked out from the room following him. I came out from the closet quickly grabbed my phone. I rushed down from the room and frantically searched for Yoongi. I had to tell Yoongi about his brother's plan before his brother gets to Yoongi.

"Yoongi! Mr. Min!" I saw Yoongi talking to one of the guests in the garden.

I stopped as I saw his half-brother approach him with a drink in his hand. Yoongi looked up at me and was surprised to see me rushing towards him.

"Are you okay? I know you want to go home. Just wait till I cut the cake. I have a surprise for you," Yoongi said as he held my hand.

I looked at Yoongi and then at his half-brother. Yoongi looked different at that time. He looked more lively and cheerful entertaining his guest. The mafia Yoongi I have seen so far was nowhere to be seen, but I could see the Yoongi that I have known since childhood instead.

"So, you are coming with us to Daegu, right?" his half-brother asked Yoongi.

"Of course, we are coming," Yoongi said as he looked at me.

"Oh, so, she is following us too?" his brother asked Yoongi in surprise.

"She is my future wife," Yoongi smirked at his brother.

The tension between Yoongi and his half-brother was interrupted when Yoongi's birthday cake came in. Some were singing the birthday songs for Yoongi as they brought in the cake. Yoongi, the cold stone-hearted mafia could be soft and cheerful after all, I thought. I was happy to see him like that, and I wish he wouldn't be back to his cold heart ways again. After Yoongi happily sliced his birthday cake and distributed it to everyone, Yoongi made a surprise announcement.

"I have a big surprise announcement today," Yoongi gathered everyone in the garden.

Everyone in the garden stopped and looked at Yoongi. I looked at Yoongi and realized he put out his hand to call me. I carefully walked towards him and looked at the crowd nervously.

"I would like to introduce you to my future wife and I would like to ask her this very important question," Yoongi stopped and looked at me.

I was wondering what was he up to this time as I was weak on my knees standing in front of 100s of guests in front of me. Then I saw Yoongi kneeling down in front of me, and I was taken aback.

"Pretzy, will you marry me?" Yoongi asked me as he was on one knee.

My heartbeat started raising fast and I thought I couldn't breathe for a moment there. I swallowed my saliva hard and looked at Yoongi and then I looked at his half-brother who was smirking away evilly. I saw the same woman standing beside his brother biting her nails nervously as she clearly did not want me to accept Yoongi's proposal. I knew that it would make their evil plan much easier if I reject Yoongi's proposal so to make sure Yoongi is protected, I have to accept Yoongi's proposal now so that I could be with him.

"Yes, I would," I gathered up all my courage and agreed.

The crowd cheered for us and Yoongi slid a ring onto my finger as I recalculated my decision at that moment. I knew I couldn't take back my words as it would be embarrassing for Yoongi and myself plus his half-brother and that woman would have their plan achieved easily.