Chapter 25-Vanished in Thin Air

"Rach, did you see Yoongi yet?" I asked Rachel as I got in the car with those men and her.

"Some of them are over there in the house now. I am sure he is fine," Rachel said as she got in.

I wanted to take my phone from my pocket, but something fell down on my lap in the car. I picked it up and opened the small piece of paper. It read "Code Red" on it, and immediately I remembered the small note handed to me by Ashley. I had my goosebumps on my arms when I read that note. So, whatever I was dreaming was real? How is that even possible?

"Are you alright? You look pale," Rachel asked me curiously.

"I have to get to Yoongi now. Bring me to him now!" I said to one of Yoongi's men.

"But ma'am, sir asked us to bring you both to safety first", he said as he drove.

"No, you don't understand. I have to give him something. I have to see him now. Just bring me there. Rachel could stay in the car," I tried to convince them.

"What no! I am not staying in the car. I am following you inside," Rachel insisted.

"Listen to me, Rach. I have to get to Yoongi now, and you have to get to safety because you are not the target. It's Yoongi and me. I know Yoongi would protect me but if anything happens to you, I won't be able to live with it," I explained to her.

Rachel bit her lips hard and looked at me. She agreed to what I was saying and asked them to drive me to the house again. As soon as we reached the house, one of the men got down from the car and opened the door for me.

"I will come in with you ma'am," he said as he opened the door for me.

I nodded my head and looked back at Rachel. She assured me that she would be safe, and I asked the driver to drive off somewhere safe. I told her that I would call her once everything is over. I took a deep breath and walked to the house carefully. Yoongi's man was following me from the back with his gun like a swat person. He opened the front door slowly, and I entered in. I saw no one and I pointed upstairs to the bodyguard behind me. I walked up slowly and reached the basement room door. Yoongi's bodyguard asked me to hold my steps as he wanted to break open the door. I stepped aside and let him do the work. As soon as he kicked open the door, I rushed in and saw only Yoongi on the chair gagged and tied up. Yoongi's bodyguard took a step back and froze.

"Something is not right here. Stand back, ma'am. I will check it out," he said as he walked towards Yoongi.

"Are you alright, Yoongi? Are you hurt? Did they hurt you?" I asked in concern.

Yoongi shook his head in denial and signaled me to stand back. As the bodyguard looked around the room, I wanted to untie Yoongi, but there was a loud gunshot in the air. The bodyguard was alerted immediately and was ever ready to shoot. Just then, Jason who was hiding behind some boxes came out holding a gun to my head and threatened to shoot me if any one of them tries to do something.

"I knew you would escape. Just for you to know, your brother is just insurance, you know," Jason said to Yoongi as he held the gun to my head.

"What do you mean "an insurance"?" I asked him nervously.

"Yoongi is the sole owner of this house, right? So, we have placed his brother elsewhere for our insurance," Jason replied me.

"You do realize that Yoongi's brother is also like Yoongi, right?" I asked Jason.

"I know. A mafia leader and he is the next competitor in line for Yoongi, but I am pretty sure that neither of them would have the guts to kill each other," Jason smirked a little.

I could see that Yoongi was pissed at Jason for speaking about his brother in such a way, but he couldn't do anything about it as his hands and legs were tied up, and he was kneeling on the floor helplessly. His arm was bleeding out and blood was dripping off from his arm to the ground creating a pool of blood. The bodyguard was helpless too as I was at gunpoint, and he knows if he takes any steps further or tries to shoot Jason, I would be dead. Little did Jason know that the bodyguard was wearing a Bluetooth watch that could call and record everything around them.

So, with that, the bodyguard whispered silently into his watch as he nodded at me while signaling me that everything is going to be alright. Just then, a loud crash above us was heard, and it was Yoongi's bodyguards. Out of the two bodyguards who came, one of them took a shot at Jason and I immediately kneeled down to safety. Jason was dead on the ground and I managed to untie Yoongi immediately. Yoongi got up and checked if I was hurt. He looked at his bodyguards and stopped them from leaving the scene.

"What are you guys doing here? Where are my guys?" Yoongi asked them.

I was confused at this, and I looked at those guys in fear as I took a step back.

"We are your brother's bodyguards. Your men are with your brother right now," one of them said.

"But I called your bodyguards to save you not your brother's," I told Yoongi.

"I needed my men to protect my brother, so I told them to go over there instead," Yoongi told me as he placed his gun back in his back pocket casually.

"And get stuck here with Jason? Are you out of your mind? I mean I tried to do save your ass, and you just had to do your thing, right? I am so done now. I am leaving," I was pissed at Yoongi.

Yoongi pulled me back and hugged me.

"I know what you did for me, but I needed my guys with my brother more. I could handle Jason on my own", Yoongi whispered in my ears.

"On your own? One of them killed him, Yoongi. You sat there helplessly here waiting for backup, didn't you?" I replied in anger.

"I know my guys would come for me. They would know if I am in danger, so I counted on them. So, I sent some guys for you and some for my brother's. I did not know you called Rachel to inform them," Yoongi said.

"Okay, leave it. Now, where is your brother?" I asked Yoongi as I parted the hug.

"We will take you there", one of the guys told us.

I followed Yoongi up the stairs but halted my steps. I looked back at the photo and walked over to it. I slid the photo to the side and looked back to Yoongi.

"Mind if one of them breaks the wall for me?" I asked Yoongi.

"With pleasure, princess," Yoongi said with a smile.

So, Yoongi knew what was behind this wall when he was with Jason down here before we came down here. Yoongi signaled one of them to break the wall for me with a sledgehammer. As two of them broke down the wall, I stood there beside Yoongi trying not to look at his wounded arm and get worried too much. I thought Yoongi wouldn't like it if I cared too much for him because as a mafia leader, he thought showing pain and care for others is weakness and would cause his downfall in his mafia world. They managed to break the wall and as I predicted, the safe box was empty and the necklace in it vanished. I knew exactly who must have taken it so Yoongi told those men to take us to his brother to end this for once.