Chapter 22- The Next Competitor

"You know smoking in the house is not allowed, right?" I said as I looked at her.

"This isn't your house, and you don't tell me what to do," his girlfriend said rudely.

"Honey, be nice. She is going through something. So, just be nice to her," Yoongi's brother appeared out of nowhere.

I turned around and glared at him for saying that about me to her. I took a deep breath to control my anger and took a cup to make my drink.

"Do you really think Yoongi loves you for real?" the girlfriend asked me purposely.

"Why do you care? I thought you care only about money. Isn't it?" I teased her back.

I heard her gasp loudly and looked at her boyfriend in disbelief. She placed her cigarette down on the counter and pushed me hard. I almost lost control of the cup in my hand and the hot water spilled on my hand. I shrieked a little and quickly placed my hand under some running water.

"What is wrong with you?!" I yelled at her in pain.

"Honey, honey, that is enough. Let's go," Yoongi's brother pulled his girlfriend away from me.

I looked at her smiling at me evilly as she was pulled by Yoongi's brother to the hall. I looked back at my hand, and it was swollen and red. I opened the fridge and checked the freezer. I felt grateful for having some ice cubes in the ice tray in the freezer. I collected all the ice cubes and wrapped them up in a cloth and placed it on my swollen wrist. I couldn't believe that she would push me and give me an evil smirk. I really wished Yoongi would have seen that on her face, and he would trust my words about them. My mood was ruined, so I left the cup in the sink and headed back to my room upstairs. I closed the door behind me and sat on the bed as I felt my face flush. My tears were involuntarily rolling down my chubby cheeks as I kept the ice cubes on my swollen wrist. Just then, I heard a knock on the room door and I opened it to see who was it.

"I am sorry for my girlfriend just now. She didn't mean it," Yoongi's brother said.

"Yeah she did mean it, and it doesn't matter anymore," I was annoyed.

"Look, I am sorry. I would appreciate it if you didn't say anything to Yoongi about this," he asked me.

"And what if I did?" I asked him back.

"Do you really think he would believe you after yesterday?", he provoked me.

I stared at him coldly and immediately closed the door on his face. I couldn't be bothered so much by him telling Yoongi how rude I was to him. I heard him walk away to his room and I walked over to my table to continue my revision studies. I forced myself to concentrate on whatever I was studying and making notes for. One hour passed peacefully without any interruption from anyone till I saw Yoongi come back from wherever he went. He got down from the car with a few bags in his hand and locked his car immediately. I continued to memorize my notes loudly to distract myself so that I don't have to think about Yoongi. I stopped writing when I heard another knock on the door. I sighed loudly and walked to the door to open it.

"Here, something for you," Yoongi gave me a bag.

"What is this?" I asked him as I looked at him.

"Can I come in? I need to speak with you," Yoongi said as he looked into the room.

"No, you can't, and you can speak to me here," I said coldly.

"Okay, firstly, I am sorry for everything to have said yesterday. I shouldn't have said anything like that," Yoongi apologized.

"You say you are sorry but keep doing the same after that," I mocked his apology.

"I am really sorry this time. I went in the basement myself after that, and I found out something I shouldn't," Yoongi tried to explain.

I looked at him in shock and wondered what he found out from the basement. Is it the necklace in the safe or the evidence of Ashley's murder? My mind was filled with questions at that time and I did not know if I should let Yoongi in the room. Eventually, I gave way to Yoongi to enter the room as I rushed over to my notes and closed them immediately. He doesn't have to see how bad my handwriting was and how boring I could be taking down notes.

"You were studying? I could come back later," Yoongi looked at me.

"No, I was done for today anyway. Now, tell me what you saw down there," I insisted he tell me.

"Nothing actually. I just wanted you to know that I wanted to spend time with you. That is all," Yoongi gave an excuse.

"Spend time with me? Yoongi, do you know that your brother and his girlfriend want me out of this house? Your brother wants this house, and he would do anything to anyone who stands in his way even if it is you, his younger brother," I explained to him.

"I can't think of my brother in that way and at the same time, I know you wouldn't panic for no reason about someone. I need to get to the bottom of this very carefully as he is-", Yoongi stopped with words suddenly and looked white.

"He is what, Yoongi? Are you okay?" I asked him as I came closer to him.

Yoongi pulled me into his bear hug and held me tightly towards him. He was silent for a moment before continuing what he had to say to me.

"He is my next competitor in line," Yoongi said as he hugged me tightly.

"Meaning, your brother is just like that man who wanted to kill me in my house?" I asked him curiously.

"Yes, princess. Just like that man. But I promise you that I would not let anything happen to you. Whether I am with you or not, I will protect you with my own life, princess," Yoongi promised me. Now the situation has become more complicated and the more Yoongi and I showed our displeasure toward Yoongi's brother or his girlfriend, the more dangerous the situation would be. So, that is why no matter what I said about Yoongi's bother to Yoongi, he just wanted me not to get involved too much so that is why Yoongi was so harsh towards me.