Chapter 44: The Old Woman

All of a sudden, that night, I dozed off in Yoongi's chamber and the nightmare happened again. There was not much furniture in his chamber, just a couch and a rocking chair in the corner of the chamber. The rocking chair looked really old and I thought it has been there since AgustD's years. I woke up with the same feelings of being stuck but this time neither I saw myself nor I felt alone, instead, I saw someone sitting in a chair and rocking back and forth like there was a woman in her 70s. The most terrifying thing about experiencing sleep paralysis is that you will know that you are awake but you will also know that you are seeing something that isn't there in real life. 

I knew there was no one in the chamber at that time as it was just Yoongi and myself on the bed. Yoongi was fast asleep on his side I couldn't move my limbs to wake him up. When I saw this woman sitting in that rocking chair, she didn't turn her face towards me and made a single sound. She just rocked back and forth. 

It was 3 am and I heard heavy breathing from a very close distance. As soon as I opened my eyes again, I saw a horrifying face leaning over me and looking directly into my eyes and her white frail hair was all over my face. It was the same woman who rocked back and forth in that rocking chair in Yoongi's chamber. I wanted to scream but I realized that I was having an episode and started to tell myself that it wasn't real but it was all my imagination. 

I couldn't breathe out of shock and that woman started walking toward Yoongi's side of the bed. I watched her approach Yoongi who was fast asleep beside me with a sinister smile. She slowly came near him and then leaned on him, in the same manner, she was on me just a while ago. Her jaws then started to stretch into a hollow mouth and it started sucking Yoongi's head into her huge mouth. Gold spray saliva was dripping from her mouth and Yoongi's head was completely inside it. I couldn't explain how terrifying to see how she looked with her hungry eyes while sucking the life out of Yoongi. 

I wanted to break free and pull Yoongi out of her mouth but I couldn't do anything but lie like a living corpse. Suddenly, the alarm from my handphone went off and I sprung onto the bed screaming. Yoongi woke up in shock and that woman was nowhere to be found. 

"What happened, baby?" Yoongi jumped in shock.

"That woman, she-" I passed out without finishing my sentences.

Yoongi tried to wake me up frantically but it was all in vain. He placed me properly on the bed and pulled me closer to him as he slept on the bed with me that night. He held me tightly close to him till the morning sun shone into his chamber windows. The sun's rays woke me up and I felt the heat radiating from my skin. I saw Yoongi closing the curtains of his window.

"You need the sleep, baby. Go back to sleep," Yoongi said as he looked at me.

"No, I can't sleep now. We still have to find Rachel, remember?" I yawned as I spoke to Yoongi.

"How cute! You can't walk about freely in the castle. I will find Rachel and the stone. You just get back to sleep," Yoongi said as he smiled at me. 

I realized that Yoongi was right and I cannot be seen or caught by the royal guards here. I sighed hard and realized that I had a headache that morning. I told Yoongi to find Rachel and the stone before the portal door closes. Yoongi wore his royal attire and kissed my forehead. He told me to stay in the chamber till he comes back.

"Nowhere to run," I teased Yoongi.

As soon as Yoongi left his chamber, AgustD appeared making me jump on the bed in shock. I rolled my eyes at him and adjusted my hair. 

"It is a good thing that you are here. I need to ask you something," I said as I got down from the bed.

"About the dream last night?" AgustD asked me casually.

I froze in shock and looked at him. I sat back on the bed beside him wanting to know how he knew about it without me telling him anything. 

"I was there when it happened. Didn't you see me last night?" AgustD smirked at me.

"What? You were here? Why didn't you help Yoongi?" I was shocked.

"Yoongi isn't royal blood. He just looks like me. She needs royal blood to free her sins from this world," AgustD casually said.

"So, why is she haunting me? I am not royal blood?" I asked Yoongi curiously.

"You are not but I am," AgustD was cool when he uttered this.

"You are dead, AgustD!" I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Well, I was just pulling your legs to lighten up the mood. Glad it worked!" AgustD chuckled a little. 

"Stop beating around the bush and tell me what is her story, will you?" I was impatient with Yoongi.

"Okay, okay. Many years back, this chamber was a health care unit for deranged people. They had lots of violent patients among which one patient was the most dangerous one. It was a 70-year-old lady who couldn't stand children in her sight. She was brought to the unit after trying to devour a newborn from a house. People claimed that she was possessed and some even thought she was a practitioner of witchcraft. During her young age, she use to sit in that rocking chair and rock back and forth all night and all day," AgustD narrated the history of that woman to me. 

"So, this woman is mentally unstable and died in this very chamber, right?" I reassured AgustD.

"Yes, but what I am confused about is why should she come after Yoongi and you?" AgustD wondered.

I bit my lips hard and thought the same but I couldn't think of any reason why should that woman appear in her dream suddenly and attack Yoongi. 

"I'm your knight. Protective chivalry is my thing. If anyone messes with you I promise I'll be their nightmare. I'll ride them until they drop. Trust me, I'm really good at it," AgustD blurted out suddenly.

I slowly looked at him in shock but I didn't give him any reaction as I didn't want him to be taken aback by my reactions. I thought why would AgustD say such things to me all of sudden. Does he like me by any chance? I have to wait for Yoongi to come back and solve this mystery with AgustD. Till then, I have nowhere to run or hide.